slug.com slug.com

1 3

Russia sending a submarine salvage ship to the wreck of the Moskva makes you wonder what they misplaced-
[redstate.com]

Of course folks, that's not the only suspicious thing Russia is/has been doing recently. Now I'm hearing word that the Russians are potentially preparing for a massive attack on the Ukrainians that could involve the usage of either chemical or nuclear weapons. The Russians are covering all their bases too, already declaring ahead of time that if chemical weapons are used it would be Ukraine and their ally's fault automatically. Nevermind the inconvenient fact that US intel agents have been saying for weeks now that Russia has been plotting to use WMDs on their perceived adversaries and intending to frame the Ukrainians as deployers of such in the process. That's right Mr Putin, you cover all the bases and just shift the blame on those "nazi" Ukrainians and frame them as horrible degenerates who used chemical weapons, an absolutely ingenious plot to deflect blame of war crimes on someone else. History is repeating itself again...

SpikeTalon 10 Apr 25

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Howdy @SpikeTalon,

1. It says a lot about Russian Naval philosophy that a cruiser routinely deploys with nuclear weapons. I've never heard a whiff of rumor about our Arleigh Burke's having nukes.

2. maybe they're trying to salvage the vodka locker?

Didn't the U.S. Navy stop carrying nuclear depth charges on destroyers back in the 1990s? I think after that they actually refitted many destroyers (such as my beloved U.S.S. Caron) with Tomahawk cruise missiles, but only with the conventional warheads. Is my memory right?

Howdy @KeithThroop,

Interesting question. I'll have to look that up today.

@timon_phocas I was a GMT and an ASROC guy in the 1980s, when the only kind of depth charges we had were nuclear depth charges, so I know they were still around then. I think they got rid of them as an easy way to help meet the demands of the 1993 Start II agreement. I may be misremembering, though.

Howdy @KeithThroop,

Interesting history. The Moskva was built in 1979, so it would represent that same period of naval thought. Still, it recently underwent extensive modernization.

@timon_phocas Yeah, can't let that Vodka go to waste, lol...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:333306
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.