slug.com slug.com

7 0

Being Opinionated

What makes a strong willed and opinionated person a good thing and what makes it a bad thing?

Sarge45 6 Apr 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid.”
GK Chesterton

1. Fast to action.
  2. Fast to action.

One can be strong-willed and opinionated and still have compassion. That's a good thing.
Alternatively, one can be strong-willed and opinionated and be devoid of compassion…

Don't ask me a question if you don't want my opinion. I am a strong willed person who can accomplish anything I set my mind to doing. My father was one who hated opinions and strong wills, the more he said I couldn't do it the more I was determined to do it. He said I was made to be seen and not heard. This made me more opinionated. Guess your question can be looked at from many different direction.

Personally I like a blunt and straight forward person, I’d rather have your real thoughts and feelings because it makes for better conversation on both sides and helps you grow as a person.

If you have an opinion, you are opinionated. The one you express it to is the one who decides on the good or bad. I personally don't have a problem with strong willed people. Shows a conviction for their beliefs.

Lines, lines, lines. Where are those freaking lines? One thing I've really learned in hashing out some of the topics we've gappled with on this site is we don't have a lot that's clearly defined. We talk in generalities, and we fail to clarify the language. Where's the line between opinionated and taking a moral stand? Is a religious person opinionated, or are they taking a stand? I think until you determine the operational definitions of the thing we're talking about, there's no sensible way to address the topic. Of course, maybe I'm just being opinionated...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33417
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.