slug.com slug.com

1 8

Pushback is welcomed…

Twenty attorneys general demand Mayorkas disband disinformation board, threaten lawsuit

Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares led the coalition of attorneys general from Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and West Virginia.

They expressed alarm after learning of the board after Mayorkas announced its creation in his testimony before the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security.

“No statutory authority exists to support your creation of a board of government censors,” the attorneys general wrote. “Although Congress has considered a variety of measures to address the perceived dangers of ‘disinformation’ in the United States, none has passed.” …

Having a federal board slap a “federal-government label of ‘disinformation’ or ‘misinformation’ on speech that government bureaucrats, operating behind closed doors, decree to be improper” is “an unacceptable and downright alarming encroachment on every citizen’s right to express his or her opinions, engage in political debate, and disagree with the government,” they wrote.

[justthenews.com]

Garsco 8 May 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a good start. I can only hope that the rest of the fifty states join in.

@Garsco Come on November!

@Garsco I blame Dan Forrest for Roy Cooper's current term. Trump carried North Carolina, but the final count was not certified until nearly a week after the election. But Forrest conceded on election night before all the votes were counted. His concession ended the tally on the governor's race. I'm sure he would have rode in on Trump's coat tail.

@FuzzyMarineVet The one thing that I hope for in November, top of the list of hopes, is that the election is decisive and leaves no doubt that the will of the people has spoken, that they have shunned the insanity of those who wish to take total control of our culture, they who are now counter-culture of wisdom.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:336425
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.