slug.com slug.com

5 4

The plant-based food industry is facing a reset as Beyond Meat and Oatly shares suffer

• Wall Street is souring on plant-based stocks, but industry experts say that a shakeout is coming after optimism soared too high.
  • Shares of Beyond Meat and Oatly have shed more than half their value this year.
  • Competition and pandemic-related challenges have weighed on both companies’ financial results.

Industry experts say the declines may mark an inevitable shakeout as investor optimism meets reality.

After years of climbing sales, consumer interest in meat alternatives is waning.

[cnbc.com]

Garsco 8 May 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The market is an interesting experiment in distributed intelligence. When a product does not serve the needs and desires of the consumers the corporation suffers reduced revenue and the investors sell their stock. It isn't perfect, but it's the closest to perfection we can find on Earth until the Lord returns.

Another trend that's falling to where sanity rules, like all the other fads. However, i don't see the industry completely collapsing, there are too many who want to save the animals, save the planet.

😂 I'm not surprised at all by this.
When everyone was panic buying everything they could off the supermarket shelves, plant based 'meats' went largely untouched. Every time I saw some one pick it up, I would see the look of disgust on their faces once they'd read the packet before putting it down again.

It was never going to take off in places other then LA or NY

Sounds like good news to me (not vegan). How dare they call that stuff meat? Think this news calls for a cheeseburger celebration party (or late night snack)...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:338385
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.