slug.com slug.com

6 4

I've been thinking alot about the controversy over Election rigging, and a recent statement from Donald Trump really gave me cause for concern. For those who may have been following the Pennsylvania (my home state) Republican Senate Primary race earlier in the week, the candidates Mehmet Oz and Dave McCormick are locked in a dead heat with Oz leading by a little over 1,200 votes, and it might be days yet before the race is officially called. Donald Trump had given his endorsement to Oz.

As if that wasn't already a tricky situation as is, Mr Trump made a statement (think it was on his social media platform) that Oz should just declare victory in order to supposedly make it difficult for McCormick to cheat (regarding the mail-in ballots left to be counted). There is so much wrong with Trump's statement it's not funny, namely at this point in time there is zero indication that the Election had been rigged in favor of McCormick, and certainly no reason for Oz to declare victory when McCormick still has a very good chance of pulling out a victory. Trump making such comments and riling up his followers could have some serious consequences for the Republican Party, namely that Trump may sow seeds of doubt and division so much that whoever wins Oz/McCormick may see their chances of beating Democrat John Fetterman diminish greatly, possibly convincing Republican voters to cast their vote to someone else and in the process take a potential Senate seat away from the republicans, for who in their right mind would ever want to vote for a "cheater".

While this crap with "Election rigging" began with the Democrats back in 2016, since that time alot of those on the right have gone along for the ride too and are milking the paranoid accusations in order to advance their respective agendas. Just about from the start I had questioned Trump's claim regarding "the steal", and in light of his recent (baseless) accusations against Dave McCormick, have to say any trust or respect I may have had for Trump is all but gone now, as I can't stand sore losers who fabricate claims in order to slander others. This bs where as soon as one of our preferred candidates loses we then turn around and accuse the other guy of cheating/rigging the Election has got to stop, look at what our politics have become??? Pointing the finger at others just because our preferred candidate lost is way beyond infantile, and is only serving to help ensure the cultural divide grows even larger in the US and that nothing changes for the better. Fool me once and shame on you, fool me again and shame on me. I cannot get behind a politician who acts like Trump is acting now, and makes me wish all the more that DeSantis does decide on a Presidential run 2024 and that he secures the Republican nomination for President. The last thing the GOP needs is for their own candidates hurling damaging accusations at one another.

Attached are screenshots of both of Trump's comments on the matter. What the following article says is true, and any fellow American who desires to see the Democrats get their arses handed to them on a platter come November should take the author's concerns seriously. Makes me wonder why Trump is so desperate to see Oz secure the Republican nomination for PA Senate seat, so much that he's willing to slander a fellow Republican, especially knowing Oz's somewhat checkered past on political views? Guess an Oz defeat would be a blow to Trump's pride, that could also be the case, Trump can't ever seem to accept defeat of any sort, even though losing graciously at times is a part of life for all of us. Just unreal, I'm livid over all that...

Trump: Dr. Oz won and should declare victory so that McCormick can't cheat-
[hotair.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dems have been defrauding tens of thousands of votes and what bothers you is Trump's mildly sarcastic comment about Dr Oz???

Once you hurl personal insults, you lose the argument. Yes I am concerned about Trump's claim, as it could sow seeds of doubt among Republican voters and make said voters distrustful of certain Republican candidates, which would be bad for the Party as a whole taking away potential votes and making it easier for the Democrats. Such a situation is a concern, come November I want to see as many Democrats get voted out of office as possible. Trump's comment wasn't directed at Oz by the way as you suggested above, it was directed at Dave McCormick, did you actually read the article above?

As for the fraud votes, I don't deny such and that's probably been going on for decades now, only thing I question is just how bad is that situation really? Keep in mind there have been multiple conservative judges and Republican politicians who had questioned Trump's Election claim, and said judges had multiple times now thrown out Trump's case due to lack of evidence, so am I to believe all those judges and other conservatives are wrong about and only Trump is right? Bah. Keep in mind also that if Trump truly felt he was done wrong last Election I rather doubt he would have left office, hint hint that means in reality he is well aware of the fact that he lost. Who would give up that easily if they felt they were done wrong?

As if it wasn't bad enough the Democrats are looking for the slightest bit of dirt to get on the Republicans, Trump's fragile ego is inadvertently helping them against the Republicans. You should also be concerned about such childish behavior, assuming that is you want to see Republicans win in November. Trump accusing a fellow Republican of cheating does nothing to help the cause, so I stand by what I said above, we don't need troublemakers like that. You don't see DeSantis doing that crap do you?

@SpikeTalon You are right. I failed to be respectful. But we disagree.

Spike, you think election rigging is "crap"? You think it is the :"Big Lie"? Really? You trust that the 2020 "election" was the most secure and fair election in history? Maybe it wasn't you who wrote the article?

Election rigging itself is real, but I question just how much of it is actually taking place? Don't you find it odd that even conservative judges (among some Republican politicians) have tossed out "evidence" from Trump's people claiming election fraud? Never said 2020 was the most fair or secure election, but then again for that matter was 2016 the most fair election either? See where that goes, if you can question the legitimacy of one election then why not question all of them at that point, unless of course you maybe happened to be satisfied with the results of 2016 (like I was by the way) and therefore wouldn't bother to question such. Claims of frequent election fraud is being weaponized by both political sides. Now Trump is all but accusing another Republican of cheating/potential cheating, don't you see the danger in Republicans attacking fellow Repubs like that, and baselessly no less? How are Republican candidates going to win if the Party cannot stay united?

@SpikeTalon I'm just working from gut feel here, but this 3rd world bloke who is used to seeing elections stolen saw 3rd world style cheating in the US last 2020. I suppose many of the judges just wanted to steer clear of the controversy. Or saw only circumstantial evidence. But circumstantial evidence is usually the only evidence you get to see in a stolen election.

Having said that, I think I just saw the most honest election we've had in decades. I would make small talk with young workers to see who they would vote for, and the vast majority of them were in favor of Marcos and immediately tried to convince me to vote for Marcos. I did not vote for Marcos, but I think he won that contest fair and square.

@SpikeTalon Actually, I think both "parties" are corrupt, and more corrupt than we can possibly imagine. We are being "ruled" by criminals. Not only is the 2000 Mules movie legit, the biggest problem may be the machines. It is serious. if we claim to have a democracy run by the people, but, the elections are rigged, we are being deceived just so we can be controlled. Nothing, it seems, is as it seems.

@eschatologyguy There have been multiple conservative judges now that have thrown out Trump's case due to lack of evidence, am I to believe they are all wrong? Also, if there was truly cheating involved in 2020, how do we know for sure there wasn't some in 2016 as well? If one political party is capable of and has cheated, the same would apply to the other as well, as all human beings are capable of cheating. In the US Court system, a plaintiff must present actual evidence in order to back up any claims they made, and if they don't their case gets thrown out and rightly so.

I suspect the claims of election fraud are mostly due to the fact American politics have become so divisive and bitter, that people on both sides have become sore losers and cannot accept when a preferred candidate loses in an election, and accusations of fraud are neither easy or hard to prove, and once such an accusation is made some people will have their minds made up that fraud is indeed the case regardless if there be evidence to the contrary.

@SpikeTalon my tongue-in-cheek answer to that would be "what rock were these judges hiding under?" Those judges were looking for airtight evidence and apparently would not look at the overwhelming circumstantial ones. Biden's winning in 2020 just didn't add up. The Left's noise makes us believe there's lots of them when it's not the case. Most people are just intimidated and therefore stay quiet. We can all take a hint at the real followers of Biden on Tweeter. Even there they cheated.

With Hillary in the fray in 2016, I'm almost certain there was cheating. They just weren't prepared for how large Trump's support base had become. Counting was swift. In 2020 they learned their lesson and took their time. Had 2016 slowed down the way it did in 2020, Bill would have been first gentleman. That's my personal take.

@eschatologyguy It's not only Biden followers though, alot of Independents cast their vote for Biden, and helped turn the tide in his favor. Independents will once again be a key vote in the 2022 and 2024 Elections, and statistics show that a majority of them are leaning more to the right for the coming Election in November, their disgust with Biden increasing by the day.

@SpikeTalon Could be. But that slowing down in the count for me was a "tell" that something was not right. Add to that where luggages of ballots were brought in and those circumstantial where conservative watchers were sent home "for counting to resume tomorrow," and then proceeded with the count anyway. I was thinking "what could that have been about?" Again, that's just my take.

@SpikeTalon It appears to me that you have not investigated the issue. Maybe you just want to believe that everything's OK in Mudsville? I don't blame you for wanting to believe that everything's on the up and up. I do blame you for not looking at the tons of evidence that would show you that your faith is misplaced.

I thought I noticed Trump's allergic reaction to losing, in 2020, even though I think that the Biden steal is real.

The steal could be real, but at any rate Trump's recent accusation of cheating against a fellow Republican doesn't exactly make it look good for him now.

@SpikeTalon I also don't think Pence deserves to be demonized for following the constitution, which does not give the VP the power to override Congress. A Nigerian friend that I met at a Congo-related event had that opinion.

@jasonc65 Same here on Pence.

Quoting from an online source:

If Dr. Oz is elected to the United States Senate from Pennsylvania in 2022, he will be the first Muslim to serve in the Senate. His religious faith is Muslim, although he rarely discusses his religious beliefs and history in the public.

He was a member of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition, where he was sacked since the Biden administration prohibits federal candidates from serving on presidential boards.

That Oz is a politician is news to me. Yet another imperfect Republican that I would likely vote for in the general elections because his opponent is a demorat.

Oh same here, I absolutely do not want John Fetterman to win in November.

That is some good food for thought.

Sure makes me wonder, Republicans attacking other Repubs like that, and I've observed no solid evidence whatsoever that Dave McCormick is or attempted to cheat in the Primary. It appears Trump just wants his preferred candidate to win at all costs.

If there's "shell shocked," Trump's "cheating shocked" 😐 I agree with you, there was likely no cheating in the primary

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:339698
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.