slug.com slug.com

4 5

Google Caught Blocking '100%' of RNC Fundraising Emails

Big Tech giant blocks Republican National Committee donation emails on key days

The email communications from the RNC are being tactically labeled as “spam” by the Silicon Valley company's email platform Gmail, according to Axios.The “spam” label allows Google to filter the emails away from the sight of Gmail users, hidden away in a spam folder.
The emails also have labels attached to them that warn users they are unsafe to open.

[neonnettle.com]google-caught-blocking-100-of-rnc-fundraising-emails

Garsco 8 July 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I chuckle every time I see this stuff because I know that the truth is always not what is portrayed on both sides of the debate.

Based on my own research on the above topic, I think some context is missing. Going back as far to 2016 when Trump was running against Clinton, the RNC pushed donation campaigns asking for money on Trump's behalf, and it appears Trump himself was not happy about that- [msnbc.com]

[thebulwark.com]

The Bulwark is a right-leaning source by the way. Also, apparently the RNC attempted to raise money off of Trump's impeachment trial claiming to be aiding his cause, when in reality none of said donations were actually going to that and instead going to fund the RNC directly, a bait and switch in other words.

Can't say I care for Google much, but their actions may be at least somewhat justifiable given the circumstances, sorting out potential scam emails in the spam folder just as they claim to be doing for their customers. Personally, while I have not experienced such from Google regarding political stuff, I have noticed some emails going to the spam folder that was odd, for example communications from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation who if anything would certainly lean a bit more to the left politically speaking, curiously ended up in the spam folder. So all in all and to be fair, I'm not convinced Google's actions on that matter were a targeted effort strictly against the RNC, and apparently the RNC has used bait and switch tactics that even angered Mr Trump. Should be interesting to see how that all will go.

That aside, I too also use ProtonMail, and find Proton Technologies do care more about user privacy than Google does, so these days I use ProtonMail more often than GMail.

I moved off of Google over 2 1/2 yrs ago. Brave browser with DDG as my search engine.

I learned 3 yrs ago that Google was sharing personal data (for sale) to preferred vendors as part of their secret business model

Time to demand that Google be dismantled, and delete all Google Apps. I don't care what party you are, do you want someone else to manipulate the vote??? What happens when the day comes when you disagree? Guess what, you don't have that right as long as Google is allowed to do that.

I agree 100%

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:349808
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.