slug.com slug.com

3 8

Mexico President: Free Assange Or Dismantle Statue Of Liberty

Mexican President Andres Manuel López Obrador called for the "most important press in the world"—including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and Mexico's El Pais—to "convene a meeting...to exhort, request, call, so that a pardon be granted to Assange."

“If they don’t do it, they will be tarnished and we will have to start the campaign that, if they take him to the US, and sentence him to the maximum sentence [to] die in prison, they will have to dismantle the Statue of Liberty that the French delivered...because it is no longer a symbol of freedom."

López Obrador pledged to make his own personal appeal. “I want to state that I am going to ask President Biden to address this matter. I am aware that it goes against the severe hardliners that exist in the United States as in all countries, but humanism must also prevail,” he said.

He has previously indicated his willingness to grant Assange humanitarian asylum and Mexican citizenship.

[zerohedge.com]liberty

Garsco 8 July 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

AmLo has been more a statesman than a globalist for the whole time he is in office. He's a politician after the mold of Emilio Zapata.

Still a noble goal

All because Assange unearthed their sordid, dirty little secrets.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:352266
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.