slug.com slug.com

4 5

‘Egregious’: Coal Industry Leaders Condemn Manchin-Backed Climate Bill

The West Virginia Coal Association and several other state coal groups blasted Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia for sponsoring a bill that will “severely threaten” the industry in a statement on Wednesday.

The leaders of eight state coal trade associations slammed Manchin for joining his party in supporting the purported “Inflation Reduction Act of 2022,” which contains provisions that will target the coal industry, according to the statement. Manchin’s support for the bill … is causing the coal sector to doubt the senator’s efforts to protect coal jobs across America.

“This legislation is so egregious, it leaves those of us that call Senator Manchin a friend, shocked and disheartened,” the associations continued.

[dailycaller.com]

Garsco 8 Aug 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder sometimes if the political class has any idea what their purpose is being a politician.

I can't help believing that there is missing context to the story - I'm pretty sure the Communist (democrat) Party has knives out for Senator Manchin.
He broke rank on several initiatives and now he's getting the kick in the butt on his way out the door of his political career. So now they pit the labor unions against him...what's next I wonder.

You can't trust a Democrat.

Could it be that come the next election Joe will find himself unemployed?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:358475
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.