slug.com slug.com

1 4

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials announced Monday they are preparing to terminate Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” border policy in a “quick and orderly manner.”

The announcement follows the U.S. Supreme Court upholding a ruling, 5-4, at the beginning of August, which allows the Biden Administration to end the Migrant Protection Protocols, which required asylum seekers and other migrants who arrive at the U.S. southern border to remain in Mexico while they awaited their immigration trial. But with the nation’s highest court paving a path for DHS officials to forego Trump’s immigration policy, those waiting in Mexico until their trial date have the option to cross the border and stay in the United States while awaiting the outcome.-
[dailywire.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Aug 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Howdy @SpikeTalon,

I suppose one of the weaknesses of Trump's policy successes was their reliance on presidential executive orders. If the cowardly Republican majority had really supported him we might have gotten a better foundation of laws. Of course, the Biden administration simply ignores written laws whenever it suits them, so I'm not sure how much safer we'd be...

Agreed. Congress has delegated so much of its Article I powers that they think they don't have to do the job for which the people elected them. Instead they waste all their time on political show trials and campaigning for reelection.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:359576
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.