slug.com slug.com

7 3

Based on some past statements of his that are now coming back to haunt him, that would show at best Donald Trump is a hypocrite, and at worst a total liar. Not sure which at this point, waiting for all the details to come out, but some of his past statements seriously don't make it look good for him, and personally speaking I can't get behind a liar or a blatant hypocrite...

Donald Trump pleads the 5th after years of saying only guilty people do that.
The former president may be a hypocrite, but at least he knows his own rights.-
[reason.com]

Watch the video in the following link, at about the 18:30 minute mark comes the part in question-
[c-span.org]

The following source mentioned about how in the past Trump had invoked the 5th 97 times during his divorce deposition in 1990- [fox10phoenix.com]

I know this isn't going to go over well with the diehard Trump supporters, but that's actual documented evidence, and certainly hard for any truly rational person to argue against, and bears deeper consideration. So the question now is... is Trump just a hypocrite, or is he lying and hiding something as at one point he had suggested others in that situation were doing? Either way, does not look good.

SpikeTalon 10 Aug 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For over six decades Trump was naive. He spoke out of that ignorance and what he said was not well thought out. Then he went to the swamp with a contract to drain it and found it populated with very sophisticated monsters. I would say that the Donald is growing up.

It's all about policies. That includes the ability to implement them.

Divorce courts are notoriously sympathetic to female plaintiffs. Anything you ever said can and will be used against you and distorted in the process. They are he said she said combat rings not real courts.

The sin of omission. I doubt ANYONE thinks you can get to high places and NOT do things that in the light of day are if not illegal, questionable morally. And the last thing they want is the light of day. Even if his policies were well founded and beneficial, the rule about going into court is : have clean hands.

And too often, that is impossible, given the right circumstances. Not to excuse him. I think the statements against the 5A are EVIDENCE that Trump has less than support for the PRINCIPLES underlying our government than he like to pretend.

In the big scheme of things I think this is a pimple - show me a highly successful person and with enough digging I can find enough to bury them forever....

I mean who didn't see this coming? It's not like this is the first time he's been a hypocrite, it's basically his brand. Remember when his son, Eric, plead the 5th over 500 times? I guess that means he is guilty? Same with Michael Flynn?

He plead the fifth 440 times apparently. What does he have to hide? Of course I am sure his biggest supporters will say "he didn't mean what he said" just to excuse any semblance of negativity.

I know, not exactly a shocker.

Right now it's important to support Trump just to show the establishment they don't have the final say in who will be president. Before the FBI raid I was leaning towards someone younger.

I'm starting to think he is a part of the establishment, and it's just infighting among establishment elites as usual, always trying to one-up the other guy. I'm to a point where I don't trust any politician.

@SpikeTalon Trump is 100% part of the establishment. It is crazy how millionaires and billionaires of the Republican party, who went to Ivy League colleges, and have giant mansions or condos in New York and Florida, will cry about the "coastal elite" as if they are not one of them. It is crazy how people think Trump is a commoner who understands the plight of the working man in flyover country, never working a day in his life and painting his toilets gold because of his opulent needs.

It's also funny how often his "I hire the best people" statement is proven wrong over and over and over again. He had just great things to say about FBI Director Wray when he appointed him.

"We will have a great FBI director. I think he's doing really well and we're very proud of that choice. I think I've done a great service to the country by choosing him. He will make us all proud, and I think someday we'll see that and hopefully someday soon." - Trump 7/13/2017

You are right though, the establishment shouldn't have final say in who will be president... kind of like how Trump and his cronies tried to steal the 2020 election? Kind of like how Republicans are nominating and electing Trump sycophants in Governor / Congress positions so they can engage in voter suppression and hand-pick electors to hand the presidency over to whoever they want, the people's voice be damned?

"Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break."

Trump protects himself using the same law system being used to convict him for actions he did not commit. Must be a Russian plot?

He's a hypocrite, of course. He has always been a bit of a hypocrite with lots of character issues.

The biggest issues Trump has are the fact that he often speaks without thinking and that he often tweets without thinking. When he thinks he does well. Too often he's just not thinking.

@FuzzyMarineVet Compared to Biden who is no longer capable of thought. Sad use of someone so obviously suffering mental deficiency.

@Arty What Buy-den's handlers are doing to him is nothing short of elder abuse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:359740
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.