slug.com slug.com

2 2

Yet another example of Russian Government propagandist stupidity, and a big reason why Putin's "two or so week war" keeps stretching on with no end in sight. I've no qualms with mercenaries per se as everyone needs to earn a living, but the Wagner Group are a bunch of criminal thugs, so no love lost there...

Ukraine said Monday that it successfully struck the headquarters of the Wagner Group, the elite Russian paramilitary organization fighting on behalf of the Kremlin — just days after photos posted online mistakenly revealed the location.

Ukrainian governor of Luhansk Serhiy Hayday announced the country’s forces struck the group’s main operation in the eastern city of Popasna, according to the BBC.

Pro-Kremlin war reports also acknowledged the attack.-
[nypost.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Aug 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As far as I can tell, both sides resorting to mercenaries means they're both unwilling to commit their own armies against each other. It is well known that Putin didn't send in his first line forces at the start. And he seems to be saving them for something else.

This is just a guess, but I think this conflict will drag on until next year or even longer, something like the KSA-Yemen model.

At this point, I'm inclined to agree on it dragging out.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361316
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.