slug.com slug.com

3 4

In May, New Jersey became the first state to ban single-use bags made from plastic or paper in large grocery stores. The new ban lumps both types of totes together, but one is actually worse for the environment than the other. Which one? Paper bags.

Surprised? Let's delve into the data underlying the case for plastic over paper.-
[reason.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been around a long time, and still have yet to learn of ANY government policy or legislation in my lifetime that was sufficiently informed, intelligent, reasonable, well thought through or that made a sincere attempt to discover unintended consequences. I tried to improve that process locally by joining a committee within my expertise. Back then, when light maintenance came up, I documented how the city could save by switching to LED lights. They did not agree. Some hidden political imperative seemed to override any evidence I had. This is no different. I then voted against the incumbents.

When government goes beyond public safety, roads and sanitation, humanity always suffers.

And most government representatives tend to increase their empires, and consolidate power at the expense of taxpayers, for no real return.

You won't hear that from a Dem/Liberal or a Green!

For sure.

In order to solve the problem, they have to make it worse.

Which they succeed at.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366750
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.