slug.com slug.com

2 5

THE NEW RIGHT? National Conservatives Are Looking To Remake The GOP

[T]his week’s event isn’t your usual conservative confab — attendees and speakers at the National Conservatism conference came to promote a new brand of conservatism that rejects establishment norms and aims to respond to the new challenges facing the country…

National conservatism isn’t about Trump, DeMuth said, since it’s an intellectual rather than a political movement, but he does credit Trump with bringing certain concepts into popularity among conservatives: populism, renewed nationalism and a movement away from free trade absolutism, for example.

“Trump pushed conservatives to reconsider their priorities, and you can see that at NatCon,” DeMuth told the DCNF. “National conservatism isn’t so heavily focused on economics; we’re talking about populism and about localism, about building a culture that supports marriage and families and allows people to build good and fulfilling lives”….

[dailycaller.com]

Garsco 8 Sep 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't measure between liberal and conservative. For me the metric is sane or insane.

I think that conservativism, if that's the right term, needs to be prepared for when the so-called woke, leftism collapses under the weight of it's own insanity. Good to prepare now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:368167
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.