slug.com slug.com

2 3

A post I did awhile back on another site addressing an inconvenient reality to some (in this case far-left gun control activists), but reality all the same...

I stand behind you in line at the grocery store with a smile on my face... and a handgun concealed under my clothes and you are none the wiser, yet you are perfectly safe having me standing next to you. I certainly won't shoot you, and my gun isn't going to fire itself, and rest assured it is securely holstered with the safety engaged. That said, also rest assured that if some thug or lunatic pulls out a gun with the intention to harm or kill people in the vicinity, I in turn will draw my weapon in self defense protecting not only myself but all of those around me as well. Now, I'm certainly no Doug Koenig, and I may very well get shot first before I could pull the trigger of my gun, but at that point that's a chance I am willing to take, because if I'm going to die it'll be on my feet and not on my knees begging for my life. I refuse to be the next helpless victim, and that be my choice.

As for you and the choices you make, I won't nor ever will ask you to carry a gun if you would be uncomfortable in doing so, and certainly would respect your decision. I only ask for the same courtesy in return, to exercise my right to not become a victim. Regardless of your own personal and political views on the world, one thing is certain, and that is there is genuine evil lurking about in the world. Sometimes that evil may be aggressive to others but unarmed though. Sometimes that evil may use whatever weapon or tool is laying around at the time in which to harm or kill another. Sometimes that evil may be driving around with homemade explosives in their vehicle plotting to drive it into a nearby building and detonate the homemade bombs. And sometimes the evil may be armed with a gun, and if that's the case I want to have one too at the ready. Again, we live in a world in which true evil does exist, and to say otherwise would not only be a lie, but a pure blatant denial of the reality we all live in.

As for me, regardless of how grim or bleak reality these days may be, I'll take reality over comforting delusions any day. I hope against all hopes that I never have to find myself in a scenario in which it becomes necessary for me to draw my weapon in order to preserve my life and the lives of any other innocents around me, as I prefer to just live my life in peace. A gun is similar in concept to a condom if you think about it... I'd rather have a gun and never need it, as opposed to needing one and not having it. Likewise, I sincerely hope that none of you ever find yourself in a situation that could turn into the next mass shooting incident. That said, do know there are certainly other individuals out there like me who may be on the scene with you in such a scenario, and if and when evil rears its ugly face seeking to bring harm to innocent citizens, one of us armed citizens may be there to help save your life. Guns are not the problem in society, but evil in its purest form surely is though.

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, Republicans can virtue signal that they are responsible with guns.

Those who have virtue have no need to signal, it's readily apparent.

You are not the only one carrying concealed. Anytime you enter a grocery store or a convenience store - a Home Depot, or a Lowes you can be sure there are at least 5 or 6 other people who are armed - both men and women of any race or age.
This isn't pointed at you directly but that is something to keep in mind whenever you feel like blasting your horn or giving the finger at the idiot who just cut you off in traffic. You can be assured that there are plenty of people around who are also armed but you can't assume that any of them has the correct temperament and self control to use their guns with calm discretion.

Valid point on the temperament part I suppose.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:368807
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.