slug.com slug.com

2 2

The White House’s plan to cancel student loan debt for tens of millions of American borrowers will cost roughly $400 billion, according to a new estimate released by Congress’ nonpartisan scorekeeper.

The scorekeeper also found that the White House’s plan to temporarily extend an existing pause on student loan payments would cost roughly $20 billion…

The CBO estimate excludes the White House’s simultaneous move to lower the monthly amount borrowers can be forced to repay as a percentage of their income from 10 percent to 5 percent. That policy is set to cost an additional $120 billion, according to estimates from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, a D.C.-based think tank that has opposed Biden’s policy.-
[hotair.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 27

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Taxpayers should not have to pay the debt of other people who willingly entered into that debt. Those people willingly took on the debt, and they should have to pay it. I have payed every debt I have ever incurred, and I have done so in an attempt to better my life and ensure my family's financial future. Raising my taxes in order to pay for this scheme -- which will be the inevitable outcome -- undoes much of my hard work, bailing out others, refusing to make them pay their own debts, at my expense. Frankly, I resent it.

"I know, let's steal the little leftover from the middle and lower class working people and give it to our entitled wealthy crybullies."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:370535
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.