slug.com slug.com

3 3

A Ukrainian orchestra conductor was murdered in the occupied city of Kherson over his refusal to participate in a concert put on by Russian authorities, the Ukrainian government said.

Yuri Kerpatenko — who was the chief conductor of the Kherson Philharmonic, as well as one of the city’s chamber orchestras — had declined to join in a performance celebrating the “improvement of peaceful life” in the occupied territory, Kyiv’s Ministry of Culture and Information Policy said Saturday.-
[nypost.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Oct 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Until a disinterested investigation is conducted, I reserve judgment. There are too many undefined variables at play in this equation.

Howdy @SpikeTalon,

I remember an Israeli social scientist saying that all occupying militaries are instrinsically fascistic. I think (or at least hope) our military is mostly immune to that generalization. The Russian army obviously is not. The FSB is even less so.

We're seeing a clash of orthodoxies. Russians see Kievan Rus as the wellspring if Russian culture and an intrinsic part of Russkiy Mir. Ukrainians also trace themselves back to Kievan Rus, but as a part of a broad set of Slavic cultures that continually fought for independence against hegemons for a thousand years. Paraphrasing Yamamoto, Russia roused a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Just as the Pacific War was brutal and vicious, so is this one.

True, and we're also witnessing alot of Russian State propaganda being pushed by anti-American sources, some on this site no less. A vicious war indeed.

If they don't know when he was shot, how do they know who shot him and why? It states it's under investigation so who's assuming?

Being that Kherson is currently under Russian occupation and that is was already determined Kerpatenko was murdered in his home, it's not too difficult to figure out who was behind the murder, and I certainly wouldn't wait for the Russian side of the argument to step up and take claim for that murder. Now, if the Ukrainian Government had almost immediately given a date of the time of the murder, I would have been suspicious of them playing a role in that, but that's not the case there. A local journalist eventually pieced together enough evidence to get a picture of what went down, and so far I have not seen any evidence she was/is lying.

@SpikeTalon With the current information you may make assumptions, but it is just as likely he was killed by an Ukrainian deserter looting his house.

@FuzzyMarineVet Maybe, but the evidence so far would indicate the Russians were behind it, especially knowing full well how Kherson is presently under Russian control, and also that Ukrainian authorities were delayed in finding out about his death which unto itself indicates the Ukrainians most likely were not behind that.

@SpikeTalon A deserter would not report to the higher authorities in his government.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:374961
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.