slug.com slug.com

3 4

Newsflash: Republicans Are Largely Faking Their Opposition to Ukraine War “Aid”

…It really must be emphasized that GOP campaign rhetoric on Ukraine has been specifically designed for candidates to avoid articulating any tangible position. If you subject yourself to enough public appearances, debates, interviews, and so forth, the repetitive tedium of this talking point strategy is impossible to miss…

If anything, the GOP’s ostensible demand for additional “oversight” related to the Ukraine war is frequently paired with demands for even more aggressive US intervention.…

[mtracey.substack.com]

Garsco 8 Nov 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are a large contingent of professional politicians in the Republican party that have been "captured" by special interests within the Military/Industrial Complex and the WEF. We often label the RINOs, but they're the mainstream Republicans. We in the populist camp are the insurgent aggressors taking over the party from the RINOs who want only to stay in power and damn the people who put them there.

The ancient Romans did the same thing, why not supply a proxy war? Much less costly, best to save resources in case China becomes an adversary.

Can't say I'm surprised at that, given how historically speaking the Republican Party are the ones that tend to be warmongers/support anything war related.

I seem to remember that every world war that involved the United States had a Democrat in the White House when it kicked off. There were also Democrats in office when the Korean War and Vietnam war kicked off too. I was surprised that Bill didn't kick one off when he had causus belli over the attempted assassination of his predecessor. That was the best moment of his presidency.

@FuzzyMarineVet While the part with Dems being in office during certain wars like the world wars and Vietnam etc is true, Republican politicians of the time were also behind decisions to go to war. Truman may have been President at the time of the Korean War, but Eisenhower certainly backed that war too, and was responsible for starting an even worse war than the Korean one, in Vietnam (1955). Neither World War was initiated by the US, so those wars aren't exactly a good comparison. In recent times the Desert Storm and Iraq/other middle eastern wars were initiated by Republicans, the worse being the war in Iraq, in which one of my good friends was killed in action over there.

Both Parties are technically warmongers, but the Republicans generally support us going to war more so than the Democrats even, and it's the Republicans who believe in pumping endless amounts of money into our branches of Military.

@SpikeTalon I thank God that the MAGA wing of the GOP are bent on elbowing those warmongers out of power in the Republican party. Trump was the first president in a century who didn't start a war, but he's not entirely clean either. He allowed his family and Bolton to convince him to bomb Syria to destroy chemical weapons stockpiles. But when the pressure mounted to bomb Iran for sinking a drone in the Gulf, Trump refused do to his MAGA principles. That's what we need more of in both parties. With Tulsi leaving the Democrat party they have lost that chance and now are the party, undivided, that sponsors war.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:380074
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.