slug.com slug.com

3 3

Republican lawmakers to introduce legislation banning TikTok in U.S.-
[dailywire.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Nov 13

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

if they can do it to Tik Tok they can do it to any other social media platform.I see our 1st amendment - "Free Speech" - as sacred. It must be protected and preserved - for reasons that should be self evident to anyone who claims that he loves The United States of America.

I personally do not use that platform but I defend its right to exist. If any content creators are producing material that is demonstrably illegal then by all means enforce those laws and pursue the offending content creator - NOT the platform itself.

This was the type of response I was looking for, and you are right about that, the Government should not be used to ban stuff like that.

@SpikeTalon another thought came to mind - this would be like gov't prohibiting all manufacturing, buying, selling, possession of all firearms and completely closing down all ammo and gun manufacturing companies - because "some people" use those things in ways that "harm society". The Tik Tok thing is a direct attack on the 1st amendment and the gun thing is a direct nullification of the 2nd amendment
Here is the thing the so called self professed "liberals" can't quite get.
If they don't like Tik Tok that's fine nobody forces them to use it
If they don't like guns and they don't wish to own, handle or use any gun in any way that's fine too...nobody tells them that they have to - except perhaps for that muted and hidden voice of common sense inside their own heads.
Our first and second amendments are first and second for good reasons. Because without them none of the following items on the Bill of Rights would have any meaning - at all. All liberty would be lost. We would be living in a communist dictatorship.

@iThink You said- "Here is the thing the so called self professed "liberals" can't quite get.
If they don't like Tik Tok that's fine nobody forces them to use it
If they don't like guns and they don't wish to own, handle or use any gun in any way that's fine too"
While you're right about the part where if it's something they don't like then they are not forced to use it, in the case of TikTok that's not leftwingers pushing for a ban on TikTok, that's mostly Republicans doing that one, and of course I see examples of wanting to ban things from both sides, which led to my first reply above in which I had agreed with you that using Government power like that to ban things we don't like is not the way to go. You and I both realize that, just wish more Republicans realized that as well.

Also, you're right about the Bill of Rights part, without it we'd have communism/authoritarianism for sure.

Too little, too late and unlikely to succeed. When Trump proposed a total ban on the platform it would have done something to protect Americans, but no longer.

That is legislation I could get behind, except that Libs of TikTok could no longer help keep us apprised of how crazy the Left really is.

They could use VPN and relay the appraisals via YouTube and/or Twitter.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:381055
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.