slug.com slug.com

1 1

Ralphie's house up for sale

HerrDarkAgain 7 Dec 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I recently watched the new Christmas Story movie that came out last month, and it was good. Some of what the character Ralphie Parker went through in the new movie I could relate to. In the movie his father suddenly passed away on December 19th, while my own father had suddenly passed away on December 18th (2006), and I know what it feels like to carry on the family holiday traditions without your father suddenly. Ralphie was a bit luckier than I was though, at least he made it into his forties before experiencing such a loss, I was 22. No siblings to help me either, and just like that the rest of the family expected me to fill my father's shoes.

Looking back on it, my dad made the holiday preparations look too easy, don't know how he did it and kept his sanity. I take it he must have knocked-back quite a few Stingers back then. Think I could use a few Stingers myself this time of the year...

Look in a mirror close your eyes then think about the Christmas memories you love that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, then open your eyes....you'll have your answer.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:384635
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.