slug.com slug.com

6 6

U.S. Men’s Soccer World Cup Run Generated Millions in Prize Money—for the U.S. Women

The men and women agreed to share the funds as part of their new collective-bargaining agreements

The windfall is the result of the teams’ new pact, achieved through parallel collective-bargaining agreements, to equally share prize money from their respective World Cups. The U.S. is believed to be the only nation in the world whose men’s and women’s soccer teams share World-Cup prize money.

[wsj.com]

Garsco 8 Dec 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everything leftists do involves taking away from someone and giving it to someone else. They can't create value.

We should hold a Mr. America pageant and give the winner half of the money that Miss America won.

When it comes to “equity” between the sexes, it only flows in one direction!

@WorldSigh

Democrats want more black people in hockey, but they will never do anything to put more white people in the NBA.

Sports are objective, and Democrats impose cultural genocide on sports. Democrats abdicate all claims to objectivity and logic.

That figures our teams would do something like that. Twenty or so short years ago that would have been a different story.

Lord love a duck!

The women's team insulted half of America, and many Americans rooted against them. They deserve no money. They hurt the sport.

The PGA tour gives prizemoney to 2nd-tier events, to develop the next generation of golfers. The women's soccer team willl keep all the money for themselves.

Leftists are greedy jerks. They will demand too much and there will be backlash.

not a "fair and equitable policy" at all.

@Garsco

It would be hilarious if America replaced the women with trannies and entered international competition. This works at U. Penn but there are places in the world where it doesn't work.

Athletes forget that they are entertainers. The women's soccer team strives to be anti-entertaining.

WWE gets it right. Athletics and entertainment.

@jaymaron To be honest about it I really don't care about Soccer in the first place - especially womens soccer. Nor do I watch WNBA...etc.
About the only Female cometitions I enjoy watching would be: Gymnastics, Figure Skating, Skiing, Tennis, Golf, Volleyball, Softball, Billiards...I used to enjoy watching Miss America, World, USA...especially the evening gown and the "bathing suit" competitions. But they went and got all "woke - politically correct" and ruined the whole thing. I have been known to enjoy watching a wet t-shirt contest a few times...

@iThink Miss America used to be interesting, like you said until the wokeism crept on in...

I concur, wet t-shirt competitions can be most stimulating, lol.

@Garsco They probably already have some on their team, and the medias will be silent on that much...

@SpikeTalon The thing about wet T-shirt contests is that the ALL were winners! Not a bad one in the bunch. 🙂

@iThink Talk about wet fun, were you by chance aware of the Tulsi Gabbard bikini pics?
[lajolla.com]

@SpikeTalon Was not aware - she's a hottie. Thanks for sharing the pic

Sounds like a great deal… for the free loading women’s team! And of course, if the men refused to give up half of their earnings to the women, they would be labelled misogynists and have their lives erased!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:385986
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.