slug.com slug.com

4 3

I notice that a number of libertarians on Facebook are discussing the Duopoly (two party system). These include Larry Sharp and Lars. It seems that independent libertarianism is back with a bang. Any thoughts?

jasonc65 7 Dec 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Democrats have the axiom that Republicans are always worse than Democrats. This is equivalent to a 1-party state, which is worse than a 2-party state.

A 1-party state is unstable to fission. The only thing that can hold it together is dictatorship.

Make Libertarians the opposition party. Make demorats a desd party and may they never come back. If Republicans and Libertarians were the duopoly, reaching across the aisle would be constructive. Reaching across the aisle today is being a sellout.

The problem is not that the two parties are the same at their roots. The problem is that the power has become concentrated in that swamp on the Potomac and the poisonous water tends to infect the people from both parties the same. If the representatives paid more attention to their constituents than to the lobbyists who give them money and favors then the difference between them would be starkly evident.

And they have to get inside the Beltway before they impact foreign policy. Africa and the third world only knows us as the swamp. Denis Mukwege calls it the empire of silence. And we only know Africa as Dictatorland. We are set up to misundersand each other.

It has always been up to We, the People to hold our reps accountable. Americans have been asleep since WWI.

Firstly I can't help but wonder what kind of Libertarian will post on a Marxist site. I am a Constitutionalist, and I will not.

Secondly, anyone who can't tell the difference between Republicans and Democrats is utterly ignorant of history, and what makes them completely different.

The dupes of Marxists and their sympathizers want everyone to believe Republicans are responsible for everything Democrats do. If they don't slander Republicans and the public figures out who Democrats are - which a search of their history alone will reveal, the Dems would be toast overnight. Anyone who falls for the Dems mischief is not very bright.

Finally, Marxists and Libertarians have in common the impulse to abandon the Constitution. Strange bedfellows. Their philosophies are actually completely opposite, except in their false belief in the slander of Republicans.

But if Libertarians knew their history, they would know that Libertarianism was tried before the Constitution, and it failed, causing anarchy and the loss of the protection of the rights of citizens.

I too struggle to understand how anyone can think that Republicans are no better than demorats, when only one party is pushing for utter destruction.

On the other hand, I see that decisions like Countering Malign Russian Activities in Africa Act passed the House with bipartisan support, I can understand how some in the third world see no difference. 13 Republicans and only one Democrat voted against it or did the equivalent. That says that from a third world perspective, Republicans have an ounce of life left, and the demorats are completely dead.

I struggle between not demanding perfection and not compromising with the lesser evil. The lesser evil is only tolerable up to a point, and when it becomes evil enough, it is still evil. And people disagree about when that point is reached.

On domestic issues, I still see no comparison. Americans understand their own country the best and know what is good for America, and the biggest threat to America is the demorats. I wish the third world would see the demorats as the common enemy and embrace us, as India is now doing. But how can we expect them to understand us when we have the deep state in our own party, and we rarely raise awareness about blood batteries?

The D'Souza narrative, that the demorats are the actual racists, cannot stop there, without acknowledging that Dulles was a racist RINO, complicit in the biggest lynching in black history. Dulles was working for racist Woodrow. The CIA is part of the UN aka the League of Nations. Demorats and RINOs are the mercenaries from which America wants to be liberated. Prove me wrong.

@TimTuolomne, you are conflating the members of the party with the professional politicians who connive their way into seats of power using the two parties as a means to their own ends. One need only look at Senator McConnell to see that he cares nothing about the people who voted him into that office.

@FuzzyMarineVet I am conflating nothing. We have had this discussion before. Democrats masquerading as Republicans are not Republicans.

Keen observation, and I'd concur, Libertarianism of that sort is returning back hard as more and more people are waking up to the fact that the two-Party monopoly doesn't care about their happiness or prosperity.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:387400
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.