slug.com slug.com

2 4

White House imposes gag order on border agents-
[hotair.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Dec 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is a new version of the Miranda warning used for political dissidents and whistle-blowers: "You have a right to remain silent. You have no other rights. Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP!"

sounds like a violation of the 1st amendment rights of the border agents themselves.

On the other hand government employees should not be allowed to be involved in politics in any way. Just as you sign away some of you rights when you join the military the same should apply to all public employees to some extent. I know this is a hotly debated question as in theory everyone has the same rights but in practice people in the military do not.

[johnhelms.attorney]

Another area that is hotly debated is if public employee unions should be allowed. I think not as they already enjoy protections that private employees do not.

What public employees must have is special protections that private employees do not. Especially whistleblower protections. While laws do exist to protect government whistleblowers they are not enforced and many abuses do take place. That was especially true in the Obama administration.

The problem of course is what constitutes politics. In the case of the border agents they are being unlawfully restricted from doing their jobs. That complicates the issue and what has become political should never have happened. If people want open borders then the law should be changed. It is in fact criminal to stop a government employee from enforcing the law. It's called obstruction and the Biden administration should be prosecuted.

@wolfhnd I know about the restrictions of speech upon military personnel - I'm just wondering if Border Patrol agents are "military". I think they are more akin to police. like Capitol Police for example. IMHO it would be their duty to report on things that present a direct threat to the security and sovereignty of the country.
I don't know that Border Patrol Agents are ever sworn to an oath of secrecy in order to do their jobs.

@iThink

I was just using the military as an example because if you ask a JAG officer they will tell you that the military personnel have the same 1st amendment rights as the general public.

Biden is breaking the law but so has every administration before him accept Trump in terms of border enforcement. Maybe a Border agent should arrest him lol.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:388958
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.