slug.com slug.com

2 1

We’re still more than a year away from when the first votes will be cast in the 2024 presidential primary, but that’s not stopping the punditocracy from launching into the speculation game. One of the early contestants in this game is Matt Lewis, a never-Trumper writing at the Daily Beast. This week, Matt is peering into the tea leaves and has determined that two of the early potential contestants who may have a chance at derailing Donald Trump’s chances for a second term are Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley. Neither of these are shocking choices, and both have previously expressed an interest in running for the top job.

But Matt questions whether either of them will have the spine to launch sustained attacks against the former president. If they do, however, he believes that DeSantis may have an ace up his sleeve, and it comes in the form of Trump’s diehard support for the COVID vaccines developed through his Operation Warp Speed in 2020.-
[hotair.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Feb 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find no usefulness in the Daily Beast. Since it is not printed on paper I cannot use it to wrap a fish, start a fire or line a birdcage. It's just a waste of electricity.

I will be watching for statements by candidates and comparing them to their historical record. I seriously doubt that the “pundits” will be doing that. So I have little interest in what the “pundits” say.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:396700
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.