slug.com slug.com

4 2

Roald Dahl gets a politically correct rewrite-
[hotair.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Feb 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In 1992 at age eight in the second grade I was first introduced to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Once we were done reading the story in class, I went to my local library to check out the sequel book Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. Before doing so I came across the first book, and picked it up and just browsed through it to see the few illustrations in the book, and while doing so I noticed at least one of the illustrations was different from what I had saw in class, and that was the one depicting the Oompa Loompas. The version I read in class depicted them pretty much as they were shown in the 1970s version of the movie starring Gene Wilder, but the library version depicted them as being black looking.

Now, my eight year old mind didn't connect the dots back then that the difference in illustrations was due to supposed racism, and the book version I read in class was of course a newer version of the book while the other was still the older version (the original version), but I was wondering why those illustrations were different when it appeared no other illustrations were altered. The article above brought back that memory for me, and that goes to show that the PC stuff over racism was going on even decades ago, but such was more subtle back then as opposed to nowadays.

Regarding the 2005 version of the movie starring Johnny Depp, I'm somewhat surprised there wasn't any uproar over Kenyan actor Deep Roy playing the part of the Oompa Loompas. Then again, maybe there was (still is) and I'm just not aware of such?

The leftist cult has to destroy all that is wholesome in the culture, starting with the kids. They do not procreate, so if their idiocy, I mean ideology, is to propagate through the next generation they must make your kids conform to their cult. Else they cease to exist.

This is absolutely reprehensible. What gives anyone the right to re-edit an author's work without his express permission and acceptance?

Those who feel entitled to do so. Reprehensible indeed.

Conservative, orthodox Christians have already been dealing with this kind of issue. For some time now we have been opposing "gender-neutral" translations of the Bible.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:400631
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.