slug.com slug.com

6 5

Question for the IDW/SLUG community. Do you believe toxic masculinity is a real thing or just a manufactured concept? If not a real thing, why so?

I'm asking here as recently on another site got into a conversation on the matter with some progressives, and I was the only one who had said no it is not a real thing, and even when I offered up evidence from known unbiased sources to back up my claim I was met with disgruntled remarks. I contend masculinity is not nor ever was a problem, but rather complex emotions and possible mental illnesses that influence some men to act out in negative ways towards others.

SpikeTalon 10 Mar 12

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Feminist bought into the emotional intelligence lie.  Before that women bought into the intuition lie. 
Of course they are not exactly lies because they are ideas that culturally evolved to address social issues.  The intuition lie was a way of keeping women from seeking independence through education and logic.  In the fairly recent past population growth was critical to a society's well being.  Barefoot and pregnant was not a conspiracy by the patriarchy but a "practical" solution to the birthrate dilemma.  The scientific and industrial revolution changed the dynamics.  Death rates plummeted and populations exploded.  Add to that the effects of growing luxus and the justifications for Barefoot and pregnant more or less disappeared.

During WWII it was discovered that women were excellent workers.  There was a job that mostly employed women. The title was calculator.  It became obvious that women were more than capable of logic.  Women were also employed in jobs traditionally held by men such as heavy industry.  After the war many women went back to roles as housekeepers and mothers but they would never again be seen as incapable of earning an independent living.

During the seventies the industrial revolution would provide the answer to the last barrier women faced in equality to men, the pill and abortion.  Without the fear of unwanted pregnancy women were free to engage in sexual activities the way men had always done.  The sexual revolution that had started a decade earlier became practical. 

The birth rate dilemma having been solved by the industrial revolution society refocused on what to do with women.  Not only had the industrial revolution improved living conditions and reduced the death rate but it changed the nature or war.  Cannon fodder was no longer key to victory but economic strength became the key in the cold war.  Society adjusted and women were to have equal educational opportunities to contribute to the economic and technological war.  The new way to keep women at just the right level of ignorance was the concept of emotional intelligence.

The problem was how do you educate women and not make them aware of the biological differences between men and women.  What evolved was a feminism that didn't focus on women's natural proclivity for being mothers.  Logic would have dictated that women would not be happy in traditional male roles.  How do you keep them from being calculators of the personal costs of employment "slavery"?  You give them something that defies logic to distract them called emotional intelligence.  It creates just the right amount of cognitive dissonance to accept employment slavery but still function as "calculators".  For the most part it would keep them out of high level technical employment where they may have had to accept the logic of biological differences.  Even if they were to enter fields such as biology they would still be distracted by their special emotional intelligence.

Emotional appeals have always been a way to keep people from seeing the logic or lack thereof in an argument.  In the present world it has taken on a life of its own.  People can no longer even define what a woman is.  The social engineering that produced that result has clearly gotten out of hand.  People are starting to wonder if the goal of full employment was worth the social disruption in terms of lost traditions such as marriage.  Especially as the industrial, technological, economic war has shifted to new technologies such as AI and bioengineering.  What is clear is society is going through another adjustment and female emotional intelligence will likely go the way of female intuition as a concept.  Cultural evolution is a slow and painful process and the current social engineers are at best incompetent and delusional.  Most likely they will be replaced by popular demand.  The future however is hard to predict.

Putting on my thinking cap, I see these obvious movements in my short lifetime. There are faults that immature men, men acting like they were still minors, that feminists have identified as normal males. The actions of these emotionally stunted men are being copied by feminists as "liberation" for women. The actions of immature men are counterproductive to a healthy society. When men act in these immature ways they are labeled toxic by feminists who copy those same ways. Then because the feminist orthodoxy only works if all men are the same as the toxic ones, so they label all masculine traits as toxic. Toxic masculinity is a straw man built up by feminists to excuse their toxic femininity.

In battle, toxic masculinity is virtue. Those that don't have it get conquered.

Democrats are incapable of thinking beyond 1 dimension, of constructing a balance. They also think in low resolution. They see black and white and not gray.

There is toxic masculinity and nutrient masculinity. Toxic femininity and nutrient femininity.

Masculinity is not toxic, men who choose to act out in ways that are 'stereotypical' masculine to assert their bonafides, ARE. Painting an entire group with a broad brush has been the go to for many, until it was done to them, then it was bad, until they could fixate on another group.

The most common users of the term are women. But hey, I call it testosterone poisoning. Too much of anything is bad for you.

Good answer, logical.

It is as real as toxic femininity, the male is being an asshole, the female is being a bitch. Just fancier names for poor behavior.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:405676
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.