slug.com slug.com

5 2

Ukraine downs Russian hypersonic 'dagger' with US Patriot missile defense system.

Kinzhal is one of six "next generation" weapons that Russian President Vladimir Putin unveiled in 2018, claiming that no air defense system in the world can shoot it down...

SpikeTalon 10 May 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hypersonic missiles can dodge at 20 g. You can't hit it from the front. The delta V is 10 km/s. Not enough time to react.

You have to get behind the enemy missile and go up its ass. The enemy missile can't see you coming from behind. From behind, you can match speeds with the enemy missile.

Howdy @SpikeTalon,

My understanding is that the Kinzhal is an airborne development of the Iskander missile. The articles I looked up didn't mention any special maneuvering capabilities.

US missile defense systems have been intercepting targets at up to 23x mach for decades. Patriot systems have been steadily improved for over 30 years. I can't see why they wouldn't intercept a Kinzhal missile.

Russia's ramjet Mach 5 missiles have better range than American ramjet missiles.

The only defense against a hypersonic missile is a faster hypersonic missile, or a 4-stage solid rocket.

Hypersonics is a matter of computational physics. We should spend 1 billion dollars on a supercomputer dedicated to hypersonics. A Manhattan hypersonic project.

The Duran debunked that story already. It was not a Kinzhal missile they shot down. Photos were taken of the remnants and it turned out to be a SSC-7 medium range bunker-buster. Secondly, that altitude the intercept was made was WAYYYYY below the operational altitude of a Kinzhal. Their new Avanguard hypersonic missile will fly at the tip of space (8-10x the speed of sound) and appear at their attack point without notice, to be operational by 2025.

There is no weapon, defense or technology that exists today that can track, intercept and destroy a missile flying at 6-8X the speed of sound. The metallurgy alone is extremely sophisticated, not to mention the ability to track and then catch up to such a weapon. Numerous military experts have debunked this story as a fabrication.

Lastly, Russia uses the largest and most extensive collection of missile systems in the WORLD, each for a specific purpose. Russia only uses the Kinzhal for specific targets and trust me...those targets never see it coming
[missilethreat.csis.org]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:417396
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.