slug.com slug.com

1 2

The proposal in the title is the underlying premise of a new bill that was introduced in Congress last week. The bill is called the “No Pay for Congress During Default or Shutdown Act” and it has both a Democrat and Republican sponsor. The title really sums up the legislation. If Congress fails to pass a budget and keep the lights on, congressional paychecks would be suspended. It was introduced by Democrat Abigail Spanberger of Virginia in partnership with Republican Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania. The basic selling point that Spanberger is pitching is, if you are a working American, “if you don’t do your job, you don’t get paid.” So Congress shouldn’t either. As it turns out, it’s not really a pay cut at all, which we’ll get to in a moment. Do you think it will pass? I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you...

SpikeTalon 10 May 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418383
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.