slug.com slug.com

2 0

Identity politics

What is it going to take to get people interested in voting based on their actual beliefs, and philosophies, coupled with facts instead of participating in a political popularity contest? This would also involve finding candidates with moral fiber and the capacity to remain honest.

Jeffsleep 4 Aug 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Power corrupts, Total power corrupts totally!!!!
The answer, TERM LIMITS!!!!!!
Voters will figure it out!

We don't get to vote for our beliefs, we vote for one of the candidates. In most cases, I know close to nothing about who I vote for, and I'm fairly politically inclined. Our News is geared towards emotional connections since you can't actually talk about complicated issues in the 30 second spot that you are given.

As for honest and moral candidates, they're out there but you have to find them. They don't tend to make the News.

The (other) good news is that, with the Internet, we can now listen to in depth interviews on candidates. Made it through the Rogan -Sanders 1 hour interview. Bernie is very knowledgeable about the problems that exist. Unfortunately, his solutions will make things worse, in my opinion.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47688
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.