slug.com slug.com

4 3

What if Europe never converted to Christianity?

Constantine suddenly converted from Roman Gods to Christian and this the empire Pagans did. What if he stayed Pagan. What would the Caucasian world be like?

FrozenSoul 7 Apr 28

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it would’ve taken on more eastern philosophies. Christianity didn’t just replace and engulf the pagans but also put the eastern mysticism at bay, probably would’ve included heavy caste systems like India. Would’ve made what we refer to as the reformations much more difficult.

I think Constantine did Christianity a disservice, though. Brought the church into a position that lead to the tyrannical tendencies that lasted centuries on and off. Makes sense as to why he did, institutionalized religion was just how things were back then and many of the intellectuals were converting. Thankfully Christianity in large brought us out of that.

He wouldn't have moved the seat of the Empire to Turkey. Most likely Constantinople wouldn't exist. The shift to Christianity would have happened differently.

Culturally there would never have been any of the classical movements of art and music. There would be no Mozart, Beethoven...etc. There would have been no Leonardo DeVinci, and no Michaleangelo.
There would only have been a continuation of serfdom and slavery. There would never have been a "Court of The Star Chamber" and therefore no Magna Carta and no United States Constitution. Technological development of astronomy, physics, chemistry and medicine likely would not have taken place.

What if we still lived under a Roman culture without Christianity? Slavery would still be a prominent practice, women would not directly participate in elections, I'd imagine a racially segregated caste system would be in place, government would not recognize individual freedoms, and scientific rationalization would be severely constrained to superstition.

Why do I think this? Because this is how the rest of the world behaves outside of the influence of Christendom.

I disagree with u and iThink as far as technology. I mean the Church killed people that said the Earth was round, duh.
Now slavery : I mean Christians and Muslims continued this for over a thousand years!
The only thing that was superior with Biblical doctrine was WRITTEN WORD. Pagans were SPOKEN Word.

@SocialDarwin - What culture do you look towards that didn't persecute people who exposed new ideas and brought forward technology? Further, the Earth has been known to be round since BC. You are probably referring to the imprisonment of Galileo who documented that the Earth revolves around the Sun.
Rationalism is the belief that there is an order to the observable world. That is not something I would expect from an atheist or a polytheist. Why would either of them infer any logic behind reality?
Slavery was a ubiquitous practice of human kind except and until Christendom ended it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:93679
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.