slug.com slug.com

3 0

Dem's hazard pay proposals are a recipe for a lot fewer essential workers-
[reason.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because of Democrats late but now persistent overreaction to the virus, half of the healthcare industry is out of work. When Democrats tell you they care about jobs, you know that only applies to theirs in Congress or illegals.

Isn't it interesting that "Essential Workers" have been doing this kind of work for a VERY LONG TIME, and now THEY want to do something for them!!!!!!!!!
My wife spent about 30 years as a Trauma RN in the ER, and I spent about 30 years as a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer)!!!
We both retired about 20 years ago, and the recognition we received from Congress or the public was seldom positive and certainly did not include a pay raise!!!

I don't agree. I have been classified an essential worker and feel privileged and grateful to have kept working thru this fiasco.

"But not all employers have introduced increased hazard pay, and some workers say their employers' increases are insufficient to compensate them for the added risks they face."

If that's truly the case, employment is a 2-way street in the free market. If one party does not feel they are valued enough then they have every right to find employment where they might feel they will be better compensated. If the employee was right then the employer should have a difficult time backfilling the vacant position.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94522
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.