slug.com slug.com

4 2

This week's politically incorrect classic cartoon is a Popeye The Sailor one called You're A Sap Mr Jap, from 1942. Don't think I need to explain why this one was considered politically incorrect. For anyone who is easily triggered, keep in mind that at that time Japan had recently attacked Pearl Harbor, and most Americans were rightly upset over such. Enjoy.

[vimeo.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 4

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seeing past the "entertainment" and recognizing the propaganda - Look at us go!
People are waking up (finally).
You have to admit, this one's pathetically easy.
Dig into the history of WWII Japan especially the Pearl Harbour story. Enough "funding both sides" and "wartime profiteering" to make you pee your pants. Almost as bad as the "European Theatre".

Yeah, and Japanese Imperialists always spoke favourably about Americans.
I suppose if you abandon all logic, if you had any to begin with, then context means nothing.

To kill an enemy, one has to first dehumanize them.

Indeed, and that's why Japan painted the Chinese as 'untermensch', during the Second 'Sino-Japanese' war, and demanded one captured Chinese female per 70 troops, as "comfort women", that's the same as the Germans "Joy Division", BTW..

Yeah...this is quite a bit more understandible than the blackface movies made by the KKK. In the town my mother grew up in...there's a book containing statements of inhabitants on why they volunteered to fight in WW2. One resident had written, and I quote" I want to kill Japs. I'd like to kill Germans too...but mostly I want to kill Japs."

That's not even an insult to modern Japanese people. I'd argue it's not necessarily an insult to their grandparents either...although that's more debatable. This is kind of just the sort of mentality that's probably not a bad thing to have when you are at war with another highly dangerous nation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94991
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.