slug.com slug.com

3 3

Plastic bag bans do more harm than good...
[reason.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 6

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tried here in Australia.

Stores went from giving out free bags to selling "reusable" bags. What was a negative has now become a $5m per annum cost saving.

The "reusable" bags fill our rubbish bins.

For every bag not picked up in the weekly shop plastic garbage bags have been sold.

Funding for plastic like bags made from recyclable materials like hemp and wheat has dried up.

Net result: Increased plastic waste in the environment, increased use of non-biodegradable plastics, increased costs to consumers.

A total failure on all fronts, like so many ill thought out environmental programs

Pretty soon we're going to need mopp gear to enter a grocery store.

Plastic Bags don’t do “bad” things ...
People who don’t properly control their trash do ...

Honestly though, these days I go shopping and buy $125 in groceries and get home with 12 (TWELVE) Bags!!! One bag for my eggs, one bag for my milk, one bag for ... I actually spend time rebagging stuff at the store to try and eliminate a few ... (when i was younger I had a part time job delivering groceries in NYC’s Greenwich Village ... actually for kicks ... before plastic bags ... so i get frustrated by such obvious incompetence)

Yes I agree its a people problem not a plastic bag problem. We have a lot of irresponsible people problems.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95454
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.