slug.com slug.com

2 4

100,000 businesses have permanently collapsed under pandemic lockdowns-
[thefederalist.com]

I couldn't find any other sources to confirm that number, so I'd advise anyone reading the above linked to article to think for themselves on the matter. I shared what I thought was an interesting read, but wanted to point out I couldn't find any other sources that backed such a number.

SpikeTalon 10 May 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw a # a couple of weeks ago that put 7.5 million businesses at risk. I'd be inclined to go with the larger number and I'd count places like Lord & Taylor not as a single business but 57(?) such because of the local effect each shutdown has.

Common sense says there will be a lot of bankruptcies even if we fully open tomorrow. Most businesses operate on pretty small margins. Social Distance alone will kill many restaurants. That's if a paranoid population even returns to businesses.

One of my primary businesses is preparing bankruptcy petitions for attorneys. I expect to be busier later this summer.

@tracycoyle

Wish it could have been otherwise but I have to say I have always been suspicious of "a service economy".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97178
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.