slug.com slug.com

4 3

Declassified Susan Rice email confirms Michael Flynn was personally targeted in oval office meeting...
[thefederalist.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always asserted this happened. The evidence pointed to this having happened. More and more evidence accumulated. And now their own words lay bare their treachery.

for this kind of treachery, Shakespeare is apt:

What shall I say to thee, Lord Scroop, thou cruel,
Ingrateful, savage, and inhuman creature?
Thou that didst bear the key of all my counsels,
That knew’st the very bottom of my soul,
That almost mightst have coined me into gold,

Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use—
May it be possible that foreign hire
Could out of thee extract one spark of evil
That might annoy my finger? 'Tis so strange...

The media has framed their narrative. Basically it goes like this. Obama was simply protecting the nation from an incoming administration that lacked the sophistication to deal with the Russians. It will sell to at least half the nation. The Republicans had better go on the offensive like they never have before or all our civil liberties will be threatened by the little worm unleashed in people's brains by an 18th century cult.

President Bush needs to step up or he is as responsible as Obama.

@dd54

How many people believed "weapons of mass destruction"? People believe what they want to believe.

I think that an argument could be made that surveillance by neutral parties of a new administration is somewhat justified. The problem was that they were not neutral parties and if you try to keep it secret by not informing the victims they are being investigated it will always look like political sabotage. In this case it appears it actually was political sabotage because the idiots used Clinton's opposition research to justify it. When are people going to figure out that that woman is a sociapath and destruction lies in her wake. If Obama had done the sane thing and fired her when he found out what she was up to in the State Department we would not have had to go through all this and Obama could have keep his half ass legacy.

Eventually historians were going to take down Obama's legacy anyway because of the IRS scandal, persecution of whisleblowers, Fast and Furious, ISIS, the surge, etc. etc. but by then he could have been dead.

@dd54

It's a bit idealistic I agree. But there is no time like the present to move forward.

I always asserted this happened. The evidence pointed to this having happened. More and more evidence accumulated. And now their own words lay bare their treachery.

for this kind of treachery, Shakespeare is apt:

What shall I say to thee, Lord Scroop, thou cruel,
Ingrateful, savage, and inhuman creature?
Thou that didst bear the key of all my counsels,
That knew’st the very bottom of my soul,
That almost mightst have coined me into gold,

Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use—
May it be possible that foreign hire
Could out of thee extract one spark of evil
That might annoy my finger? 'Tis so strange...

Frankly, I don't see any maleficence here or any targeting. The FBI had belatedly opened an investigation into Russian meddling in the election. Rice's letter involved concerns about sharing classified info with the incoming team given Flynn's numerous and unusual contacts with Kislyak and the concern that Flynn would be in a position to undermine the investigation if there was, indeed, collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. The FBI then interviewed Flynn and tried to get him to lie, which he did, pretty standard procedure for the FBI. Why did he lie? Alarmed, the DOJ rightly info'ed Trump. Belatedly, Flynn was fired. Obama had fired Flynn from the DIA in 2014 over suspicions that he might be on the take. The FBI did not arrest Flynn in early 2017. His arrest came later during the Mueller investigation, when it was discovered that, indeed, Flynn had been on the take. Flynn admitted as much in his plea deal and the DOJ agreed to only charge him with lying to the FBI in exchange for his cooperation. It was clear that the judge in the case thought Flynn was getting off easy when he commented that Flynn had "sold his country out". So, the judge knew that Flynn had been on the take. This was just a case of the outgoing administration trying to protect the country from potentially having someone at this level who might be on the take from a foreign country, which would not have been good. Otherwise, what good reason would there be for targeting Flynn? What would the Obama administration get out of it?

To silence him over potential dirt he may have had on the Obama Administration, that's what.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97872
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.