slug.com slug.com

12 2

Angry masked mob of shoppers scream obscenities at another shopper for not wearing a mask in grocery store-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From The Hill, 5/26/20

Johnny Cash’s daughter, Rosanne Cash, on Tuesday, slammed the “ignorance & hatred” over wearing masks.

The writer, in a tweet, condemned a man who she said called her daughter a “Liberal pussy” for wearing a mask to the grocery store in Nashville, saying her daughter was a survivor of H1N1 and is “trying to survive” the current pandemic.

Seems to work both ways, but more satisfying to take only one side.

It does work both ways, and that doesn't excuse the actions of that man. Likewise, the actions of those shoppers who hurled profanities at that unmasked woman was not justifiable either.

@SpikeTalon Yes. That is why I believe in mutual respect for people of differing opinions. If we could step back and I do as I think right, and let others do as they think right. And if confronted trying to have a non-accusatory exchange of ideas. I tend to the liberal but know that conservatives have valid concerns and have learned from people including the extremely intelligent Ben Shapiro the wisdom of Jordan Peterson.

@Pand0ro I concur, the finger pointing and yelling doesn't solve much.

I have personal reasons for not wearing a mask. If someone doesn’t like it they can piss off. If I’m sick I’ll stay home.

I've got a long history of total strangers injecting themselves into my life, commanding me to operate in a manner that pleases them. this mask nonsense is old hat for me. I wouldn't listen then, don't listen now, won't listen tomorrow. I've never relied on others to live my life before, I certainly won't start now. I will die a free man.

Sounds good to me.

To play devil's advocate - many people are probably afraid and not very well informed - if they see someone without a mask, they probably don't think "look at that brave person standing up for their rights." They probably want to get as far away as possible from you. If you live with someone who could be in danger of serious health risks because they caught a "cold", isn't it comforting to know that there are people who will put on a mask instead of risking a random cough or sneeze causing you to live in fear for the next 2+ weeks (and if you're thinking that you'll be fine not worrying about a loved one catching something from you after some random person sneezed in your face right now, then you might want to check with that loved one if they're OK with that). If you're saying that you won't sneeze or cough or will cover if you do, you're also saying you'll trust anyone you have sex with not to have an STD so why bother with protection right? Is the government overstepping - probably - would I want to go to a business that doesn't enforce everyone to wear a mask right now - probably not. It may be a stupid law but it may not be a stupid practice.

Sheep are sheep, fools are fools. Face covering is only good if you are contagious or for airborne virus, wait til it is. With panic regulations wearing one in a business is polite if the workers are required. Lockdown is only a power for control move. It's a f***ing cold people, healthy people should not panic and everyone should push for the media to return to reporting facts, not opinions.

Karen Harangue strikes!

Comply or die!!!!! That is the way THEY want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It works in China!!

the masks are basically antifa muslim nonsense.

Better bring in the Buddhists to blame too. They also are nonsense.

Karens of the world UNITE! 😂 Seriously though, I believe if someone wants to wear a mask then fair enough they can but they shouldn't force it on others. That angry masked mob sounds like they just wanted to something to boss others around with. What I notice is it never seems to be out risk groups demanding people keep their distance from them. I have never had an elderly person get angry at me in public for not staying 6 feet away but have had plenty of young to middle aged women do it. One or two young men to middle aged men as well. It's just what I have noticed from my experience.

I would also like to add that if Trump was walking around with a mask on, these same people would be going around screaming at people wearing masks.

You're right about that. Trump is damned if he does and damned if he does not...

I am getting dirty looks from people for not wearing a mask. I generally stayed at a distance from people even before this 6 foot rule. The 6 foot rule does not make any sense anyway especially when 'data also shows' how long a cough or a sneeze can 'hang in the air.'

Going along with this though, now a masked person is going to be able to 'shame (oh no)' you and do what else to you while wearing a mask?

It's some truly disturbing shit. The social distancing business is a placebo more or less. A few weeks ago my one uncle's mother in law got sick with Covid-19, despite the fact she is a big supporter of Democrat policies and social distancing guidelines. In the end, none of that bs saved her from getting sick.

It seems to be a social thing, you get to do things you would never think of IF YOU ARE MASKED!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99218
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.