slug.com slug.com
47 6

Which slogans, if any, would you suggest NBA players wear in the coming season?

The National Basketball Association decided recently to allow players, who average $7.7M per season, to replace their name on the back of their jerseys with one of 29 approved slogans.

The reported list of approved social messages includes Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can’t Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor.

Have ideas for other social messages for them to wear?

Basketball players' political views should...

• 29 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 8 votes
Admin 8 July 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

47 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about "play ball" and keep their opinions to themselves!!!
They are not getting paid the big bucks for their opinions!!!!!1

Serg97 Level 8 July 24, 2020

"China helps pay my salary by selling Uighur Organs on the black market"

RobBlair Level 8 July 21, 2020

None. We're talking about sports here, so any political or social topics should be avoided while playing. If I wanted to discuss politics, I could always attend a political rally, no need for that in sports. Times like this I'm reminded of why I'm not a sports enthusiast...

@SpikeTalon politicisation of anything and everything to the core has a simple name: marxism.

How about they just play sports, they get paid way to much money to play sports and entertain us not to preach their moral virtue signaling.

Free Hong Kong!!! Oh wait.....

ronhark Level 6 July 21, 2020

While I do not believe you should be "censored" in public, there are many occupations in which speaking your mind is frowned upon, and can get you fired. For example would you want an elementary school teacher wearing a shirt that says, " Fuck Illegal Immigrants" or "Epstein Is My Hero"? No one I know would want a child reading that. No child should also read these political views on the shirts of NBA players. The phrase "Black Lives Matter" is exclusive to Asians, Hispanics, Whites and Native Americans and is offensive to a large number of people. What about the ball players who wish to have "White Lives Matter" across the backs of their Jersey? Or have "Support The Police" on their Jersey?

Yes, agree that adding politics to sports isn't going to end well for sports lovers. I'd buy a "Fuck Epstein" T-shirt for teachers tho 🙂

I feel bad for the announcers. The names on their backs was so people would know who the heck was playing. "And now the ball is thrown to BLM who takes it across the court to Justice now who passes it to Listen to Us, back to Justice Now who throws it to Say Her Name who... misses the basket! Aw, what a shame for Say Her Name..."
Sounds like a horse race to me...

ktpinto Level 7 July 22, 2020

“Bubblegum in the turn, sticking to the rail. Elastic is in the stretch!....”

Doesn't matter, I have no intention of watching anyway.

None. This is a slippery slope argument and will cause polarization. I can easily see someone pujtting "IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE" on their Jersey to protest the outrage cancel culture crap and what will happen then? This will cause polarization, they will lose lots of fans and supporters from it like when Kaepernick took a knee and all of those people burned their NFL gear to protest it. This is entirely stupid. But stupid is just so popular these days.

That’s the most ridiculous idea I’ve heard in a long time. Someone needs to tell athletes that they are not philosophers or thinkers, they are entertainers. They are paid to entertain. And I’m not entertained at all by your politics, or religion on personal beliefs. I don’t care.

Now, hit that hoop.

Note to @Admin - the three responses you offered are grossly slanted by using the word “censorship”, suggesting that if I feel wealthy athletes keep their politics away from work, I’m in favour of censorship. A more neutral set of responses would help.

GeeMac Level 8 July 21, 2020

Yes, sometime I just put some irony in the options or skew the question in a way that puts it in an atypical framing. We're a free speech community... would think that we'd resist the temptation to censor people. But yeah, was teasing us. 🙂

@Admin always be cautious. Irony often leads to chronic postmodernism. 😂😂👍

I couldn't care less, these sports organizations have forgot where their money comes from and are now pushing cancel culture SJW bullshit. It started with the destruction of Don Cherrys' career, and has only gotten worse with the kneeling scumbag Krapperneck, and the racist loser Bubba wuts his name. I am done with these 'sports'...Hunting and Fishing are all the sports I need these athletes can let their accounts run dry for all I care.

I've been trending toward the same end. Sport has sadly taken a backseat to social issues in pro sports. I have vowed to support the Leafs until they win a cup, then put it all on ignore. I am not confident one will come before the other now.

Don't forget professional rodeo! 🙂

@ktpinto Absolutely!

"The National Basketball Association decided recently to allow players, who average $7.7M per season, to replace their name on the back of their jerseys with one of 29 approved slogans"

anyone else see the glaring irony if not hypocrisy in this?

iThink Level 9 July 21, 2020

I'm a humble master of irony 😉

Irony among these hypocrites is ubiquitous...

@Admin I hope you know that my comment was pointed at the NBA - NOT at you...ok?

Should be non-political,it's sport.

Fleabag Level 7 July 22, 2020

They should force any player who asks for any slogan to wear a jersey with their criminal record on the back.

I’ll second that!

Most of these names listed are purely leftist slogans. Get the politics out of sport.

skaarda Level 7 July 22, 2020

I can think of four. Two negative and two positive.
The Bad; “Shut Up and Spend Money” & “I Don’t Care What You Think or How You Feel”
The Good; “Thank You for Your Support” & “My Fans are My Life”
Oh ... and One more Specifically for the NBA ...
“It’s ALL CHINESE to Me”

When I was a kid, most of the people in professional sports were from the communities where their team was.
The players were actually required to live and act in a manner that promoted being good role models. Kids looked up to them, tried to emulate them, and most people liked and respected them.
I recall many times being outside the stadium or rink waiting to see them come out after the game as they hustled off to their homes or, more often, their other jobs.

By the end of the 70s the industry had changed where these people had become highly paid prima donnas who didn’t care about the communities and were giving little more than lip service to the fans.

By the early 80s I stopped caring about them ... the teams ... or even the games.
I certainly don’t care what they “think” or what their “philosophy” might be.

They’ve destroyed their own industry by their lack of caring about the people who pour money into their pockets. The Leagues, the Owners, the Management and the Players are all about the money.
Now, between the Virus limitations, their “Gimme the MONEY!!” attitudes, and their own Pollyanna Woke BS, I really think that there’s a good possibility that the teams are going to cease to exist.
I’d say that’s too bad but truthfully, I honestly no longer care. Let them try living on unemployment for awhile.

Yes, they should all lose their employment. Maybe we will end up starting some sincere and honest teams again some day. The time of paying to watch these buffoons is over.

Free Hong Kong

uihgar made

RobD1 Level 7 July 21, 2020

And THEY want to have the BLUE stripe removed from the American flag on POLICE cars because it might offend someone!!!!!
That BLUE stripe is to recognize "THE THIN BLUE LINE" that protects OUR civilization!!!!!!!

Serg97 Level 8 July 21, 2020

Seems Legit

2peros Level 8 July 21, 2020

BLM = Black Lies Murder

Lt-JW Level 8 July 21, 2020

My business depends on the image I project. I do my best to project an image that forwards the best interests of the business. I would never take the chance of having someone conceivably post something associated with my business, recommending the competition, or claiming something is illegitimate about my business. Best to uniformly ban personal statements of any kind when it may be interpreted as coming from my business.

Sports are all businesses. No one should have any say about what they allow except the business owners. If they are too dumb to be aware of the destructiveness of politics to their businesses, the consequences will teach them.

They should wear their names on the backs of their shirts, and they should keep their political comments to their personal time, such as when they are being interviewed by reporters. Good grief! They already have a big enough megaphone with which to make their views known. Why should I have to be subjected to it every time I see any one of them make a play on the court? I've already said goodbye to the NFL, but now it looks like I'll be saying goodbye to the NBA as well. I hope the MLB doesn't louse things up the same way. I'm a real Chicago Cubs fan. But, to be sure, I will not support the politicization of our sports, which for a long time were a place to be free from such politics and culture wars. I suspect there are many like me out there who feel the same way.

it doesn't matter I won't be watching anyway. stopped watching professional sports long ago.

Couldn’t watch those spoiled babies if I tried.

"Be happy, fear God"

Corjova Level 6 July 22, 2020

White Owned

Sports are part of a system of enslavement. Total permanent boycott of professional sorts. If you want to toss the ball around with your son, that is the proper middle ground.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 138

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top