slug.com slug.com
15 9

Do many affluent white liberals live in a race bubble?

Recently, a friend sent me two posts by the liberal DailyBeast websites (see photo) which suggests they hide the race of a (black) killer of a 5-year-old (white) boy while clearly identifying the race of a white woman (including photo) pulling a gun on a black woman. I was going to post a question about narratives and bias in media but then wondered why is it so important to Liberal media that they make it appear that whites are more dangerous than blacks? I then remembered multiple conversations with my educated, liberal white friends where I discovered that the only black people they've associated with over their lifetimes were elite college schoolmates or coworkers at high-tech firms. Most grew up in segregated areas or went to private schools. They rarely spent time with "average" people... only other elites and an occasional homeless person when they ventured into the big cities. Could these liberals simply lack the ideological antibodies that people gain from spending time with ethnically or culturally different people from all over the economic spectrum? If so, then liberal media must do everything in their power to protect them from questioning if they have a skewed view on racial issues. If this is true, what could help pop the race bubble? Perhaps something like this? [washingtontimes.com]

What has the most impact when it comes to changing your mind?

• 3 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 36 votes
  • 5 votes
Admin 8 Aug 14
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I recently saw something from the AP in my local newspaper where they capitalized the word “Black” when talking about a person in the story, but the white counterpart in the story was not capitalized.... error or intention? I just looked this up and the AP explained why they did this: [apnews.com] thoughts?

Everyone has the right to be stupid however some abuse the privilege.

I think before they are allowed to vote people should be required to ride along with police patrolling a black ghetto.

I think for different people, the spoon on the news is a little different. For some it is out of sheer ignorance of how the world works and how people are because they lived in a bubble. Other times, it's to try to always appear right and attempting to not contradict themselves. I also think there is a degree where they feel certain groups are so inferior that they have to help them out wherever possible.

People then seen to latch on to these things because it's simple and easy to grasp concepts for what are very complex issues. Then these liberal elites can pretend to be such experts are completed issues pretending they have all the simple and obvious solutions. The media will feed into this because they don't want to muddy the water with these people they've chosen to get behind. Then it just feels into itself.

To me, the race of a person committing a chrome is of no importance unless it's part of the reason for the crime to occur. To include or omit those details based on a narrative rather than sitting facts of the news is dishonest and misleading. Most of these news organizations disgust me and most of the people who buy into that garbage disappoint me. They all need to go out detached from news and social media and get some actual real world life experiences.

Relying solely on news to understand reality is like wearing gloves while typing.

Why has no government done an audit into news media reporting inter racial violence then prosecuted any glaring disparity for inciting racial hatred?

Its not difficult, for example asking zuckerberg why facebook doesn't give a fake news warning under stories?

We'd need a review of the reviewers too as who knows who is putting warnings under stories. I agree that we have laws to fight racism by whites in companies but nothing to look for racism towards whites anywhere.

It's obviously a class issue, i see high class whites (hcw) hating low class whites (lcw), throwing lcw under the bus at every corner of their walk. Kevin MacDonald remarks that these hcw are massively incentivized in doing so, rewarded with the best paid jobs. E. Michael Jones remarks that Jewish elites foster hate against lcw in all media under their control bc their revolutionary spirit entices them to do so. The hcw might change their minds once they embrace Logos ie. Jesus Christ.

Corjova Level 6 Aug 15, 2020

I don't know if the word "hate" is appropriate but agree that many hcw have little experience with people outside their circles. I guess can say that Jewish elites, like others, have life experiences that are more different than most lcw. However, on the plus side, there is a general desire to help people. I'm sure if more people emulated the positive qualities of Jesus, there would be less suffering.

The democratic and left leaning media outlets are dishonestly spinning and maintaining any narrative that supports the idea that conservative white people are racist, and that all black people are systemic victims because of this.

I used to skim cnn and foxnews to try to merge their narratives but seems like a fool errand now.

I feel that conversing with someone with differing opinions and listening to good debates are ways my mind could be changed. Both of those ways have been effective in convincing me that strong borders are necessary and made me realize that I am a right leaning person.

It's been said that people drift conservative as they age... but that's now in addition to the definitions changing. When all the Democrat candidates raised their hands for free health care for those here illegally is proof enough that strong borders are necessary.

Liberals always aways find the easiest target and instead of even taking responsibility they lie, downplay and make excuses.

It often seems that way... might be related to personality types? [tvpclub.blogspot.com]

I get my info from a variety of sources. It can be interacting or discussing with someone. It can be researching my interests or coming face to face with a reality I was unaware of.

I have this theory that the people who are the most virulent "anti" of anything deep down think those things they are against. That's why they accuse others of it. It points the finger far, far away from them.

@Thaw Don't bother me while I'm busy counting my shekels.

Yes, for example people who are virulently against religion generally have dogma of their own that they are very attached to.

A fair point that but it does not take into account the people who have been hurt by some group and had their eyes opened to its; nature.

@Thasaidon A group cannot truly have a nature. A group is made up of people. Those people are individuals. Those individuals. Those individuals live in an age, have parents, have musical influence, etc.

I was a Democrat. When I joined being a Democrat meant something entirely different than it does now. The Republicans of Lincoln's era are not the George Bush era Republicans.

Saying you were hurt by a collective like "whites" or "blacks" is even more absurd because there are a million different black cultures and white cultures.

@ThomasinaPaine You are totally right. I agree but unfortunately that is how some people think.

My father was Polish. My grandmother married a man whose brother had been killed by a Polish person in a bar fight. My mother was English. My mother was not able to to visit my grandmother so she could see me . My grandmothers husband would not allow it because my mother was married to a Pole and I was the son of a Pole.

I must admit the way I expressed what I was trying to say was below my normal standards. I must remember to put "brain in gear" before using mouth.

I picked something else, but it's more like all of thee above. Little bit of experience, surfing for more sides to a story, and a lot of debate usually does it for me.

I've been hearing a lot of cringey stuff coming out of white liberal mouths lately. It's kind of crazy. I never knew so many people hated being white so much. I definitly think many of them live in a bubble where their only source of information is CNN. Cause "Orange man bad" and "FOX news bad".

I actually have seen some really good editorials on CNN (none this year), mostly from many years ago. Holy crap they really have gone full left.

I don't actually know any "affluent white liberals". Mostly a group of veterans and rednecks. The "Race to Dinner" (where white liberal females pay $6,000 to have POC tell them about their racism) is one of the odd ball rich liberal things I've read about recently. Can't say I get that way of thinking at all. So, bubble group is highly probable.

Just as much as I don't get rich people (of all colors), it also seems highly likely that they view their education and societal status as being a little better than the average person. Like they see a bigger picture us little people don't see. Maybe they see a need to shield the poor POC from the evil white man and that's why they drop the race in news articles. Maybe they also think the evil white man should see how evil he is and that's the reason why they include it in other news pieces.

It's speculation, of course, but loosely based on a few youtube videos I saw where white protesters were "educating" POC and white police officers on race. They kept saying how educated they were and what college they went to. I'll see if I can find the clip.

I grew up in a rural red state where being redneck is a source of pride (at least we were not hicks!). I think everyone relies on their personal experiences to make opinions on things. People love to "education" others...

@Admin Oh I love it! It's definitly a different circle of people that I've seen in these protest videos. (couldn't find the clip. But, there's a few other ones out there.) I do have Democrats among my friends and family (some a bit more left leaning) but this specific bubble seems pretty out there.

Also, just thought I'd add, the Cannon story was heartbreaking. I wasn't quite sure how to word that in my first post. The bias of MSM as well as local news coverage stands out in particular considering how everything seems to be about race in the news. So, it's got a lot of layers of frustration for me.

Rap Music Gang Culture like I have talked about many times on this site barley gets and response. IT is like people will not admit or believe the total negative destructive mentality is has loosed not only in this society but exported worldwide. IT is right there in your face but it is ignored mostly it seems. And of course with the identity politics LGBTXYZ mafia and lobby - they want to hide anything blacks do negative because if we are not diverse in all ways, their deviance and the deviance lobby may not be ultimately accepted by society. And that is their major concern.
The murder rates of blacks on whites is astounding and the black rape rate of white women is even more so. But, we will never hear about it in left media which is 90% of all media.

White liberals exist almost entirely in an abstract - imaginary way of life. They are impulsively and intrinsically masterful at the use of rationalization in order to keep up the facade of their imagined goodness of all things NOT White and Not American.

iThink Level 9 Aug 14, 2020

Personal experiences are usually best for me, as such could qualify as evidence in which to form an opinion then on the matter. The mainstream medias these days have their own agendas, and do appear to report more on stories involving white on black crimes as opposed to vice versa.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 162

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top