slug.com slug.com
39 2

What arguments may help progressives moderate or change their views?

While it is difficult to dislodge a faulty opinion once held, it is not impossible - especially if presented with an incongruent fact that produces cognitive dissonance. One example is that progressives think that Conservatives don't care about the poor while the fact is they donate more to charity than liberals. Can you think of other examples? Bonus points for including a follow up to their inevitable response to the dissonance. While this question is focusing on ways to reach progressives, feel free to point out blind spots that Conservative have as well.

Have you been able to moderate a progressive?

• 12 votes
  • 27 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 8 votes
Admin 8 Sep 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the difficulty lies in the fact that progressivism is comforting and reality is harsh and sometimes difficult and deadly. It is so much easier and safer feeling for them to believe that the government can and surely will make human beings and human life perfect and eventually bring us to that utopia that they've been promised by all their college professors and political leaders if only we can achieve real equality. Transcendent goals are what build and drive civilizations; goals that may not be achievable in the lifetime of the aspirant but are deemed worthy of the trying and thereby give meaning and purpose. Utopian progressivism may just be the one transcendent goal that is sure to destroy civilization.

Being polite also softens the blow of reality but also shocks people when reality bites.

I keep saying, "You can't fix STUPID"!!!
OUR education system had at least 12 years to create this problem!!!
IMHO, it would take at least that long, no double that, six hours a day, five days a week just to put a dent in THEIR thinking!!!!!

Serg97 Level 8 Sep 10, 2020

@dd54 Actually, It started back in the early 1960's, I know, I was in trouble for my opinions most of my school years, and I got out in the mid 60's!!!
That is a long story!!!

@Serg97 Theodore Dalrymple (Spoilt Rotten) writes about how progressives stated their assault on the UK education system way back in the early 20th century with the Spens Report in 1931.

The impact is now deeply embedded, as Dalrymple says: “...the possession of an opinion on a subject, which is active, is deemed more important than having any information on that subject, which is passive; and that the vehemence (feeling) with which an opinion is held is more important than the facts (knowledge) upon which it is based.”

Progressives have been brainwashing kids for almost a century.

@GeeMac Don't forget we had FDR in the 30's, so we started way back there also!!!

@Serg97 well... started at least 1903 by Boas.... or earlier with Marx.

@Admin Try earlier yet with the Prussian education system. It was designed to stratify society to allow for loyalty to an idea or country blindly and layered control and labor groups. This has been used both by Marxist and by Mercantile groups since then as both hate an educated population. This is why the false narrative on education is still pushed in the US and Europe. They teach enough to keep folks ignorant and arrogant. It is how the SNP is pushing an extreme left wing agenda in Scotland and getting away with it.

@Admin Yes, I believe Marx was in the 1880's!!!

@dd54 Why not push for school choice and let the people decide wear they want to spend their money, not necessarily taxes only to the school district!!! THEY might be surprised !!!

@GeeMac Yes, it actually goes back to 1914 in the US, and before that, for the rest of western civilization.

Why bother? Their current reasoned approach in many cases deserves a answer that they'll receive very quickly. In feet per second

DAN_STL Level 7 Sep 10, 2020

Things feel very dangerous now even at brick throwing speed.

@Admin I like eating soup. These rioters are ruining perfectly good soup cans and it makes me sad.

For me it’s taking the liberal progressive ideas to their “logical” end-point. Also, side their own standards on them. If they say they hate hate, they still hate and, therefore, they are only acting to promote what they say they want to destroy. Building on that, for all their talk and promise to alleviate prejudice, discrimination etc, they’ve only created new forms of it. For instance, it’s okay to discriminate against white people or men, therefore, humans cannot get around these things. No matter what a human system will always be intolerant of others. The allure of liberalism is that they seek to eliminate this, but, it’s impossible.

One last one is demonstrating that their ultra tolerance for things like sex always lead to pedophilia. Always. And we’re seeing this now. This is related to the gay agenda. Because homosexuality and pedophilia are closely linked. Just look at the recent legislation out of SFO. Mention to them that sex or love is not free and that there is a very competitive dynamic and inequitable distribution of sex among the population. Therefore there are people left out of the sex bonanza and this entire institution only favors a small minority of people. Moreover that people are being discriminated out of sex due to immutable characteristics.

@Towgunner77, no, "ultra tolerance" in regards to sex does not "lead to pedophilia". We are not seeing this now, homosexuality and pedophilia are not linked in any way. There are vast differences between sexual orientation and gender identity when it comes to any number of consenting adults who are free to live their lives and act as they please, and sexual corruption of a minor (or even animal) who has no ability to consent. There are groups within the far-right who are trying to masquerade as LGBTQ supporters advocating for pedophilia in order to disparage legitimate supporters. Using the never-ending slippery slope approach is never helpful, and people need to stop bringing up pedophilia or bestiality or "marrying your toaster" when it comes to gay / trans / whatever rights.

What if we turn this around to popular Conservative viewpoints, one of which I quite often hear is with absolute religious freedom - in support of discrimination for religious convictions. We can say that allowing this will always lead to Christians committing rampant pedophilia and excusing it as their religious right, much as the Catholic Church has done. We can say this will always lead to children dying because parents decided to pray-away deadly illnesses rather than get medical help. We can say Conservative values will always lead to a return to segregation, where "sundown" towns are re-established allowing Conservatives to run minorities out of their towns with threats of violence.

Now, I don't believe that at all. But that is using your logic with Progressive values.

I have to point out in the strongest terms that there is no link between homosexuality and paedophilia.

The peer-reviewed literature shows that the majority of paedophiles are heterosexual males, usually members of the victim’s family.

The two biggest pedo cases currently in the news — Jeffrey Epstein and the UK Muslim grooming gangs — support the vast body of established research. Both are 100% heterosexual.

@JacksonNought You don't think cancel culture, identity politics, etc, etc is not "running people out of towns" etc... do you know what a real Conservative is?

CONSERVATISM is: a political philosophy advocating the preservation of the best of the established order in society and opposing radical change, or simply change for its own sake.

There are bigots and extremists on both sides of politics...

@Lightman there is a difference between Cancel Culture, which I disagree with, and Accountability Culture, which I do agree with. I never said that each side didn't have their demons. You seem to be interpreting my posts as only attacking Conservatives.

But since you put it out there, do you know what a real Progressive is?

Progressivism is: generally any political movement that wants to change government for the better, favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters.

Progressivism is what brought on religious freedom, civil rights, same sex marriage, etc.

@JacksonNought Yes and no... I do know what Progressivism is and what it was. Unfortunately it now has almost no link to Progress... only change.
Many currently identify it as regressive.
No one in their right mind would seek change for the worse, unless they were an enemy.
Progressivism did not create most of those changes you mentioned. That is lie.
BTW SSM in the view of a great many is not Progressive in any way, just change, where the majority have caved into a very vocal minority and the useful idiots of the Progressive Left.

I'm not interpreting your posts as anything they are not. You choose the language, not me.

@dd54 I've been dealing with them for almost 50 years sonny...
Covid we re doing well thank you even in the 2 stupid Labor states
there will be no riots looting or murder here.

@Lightman how did Progressivism not bring about religious freedom, civil rights, or same sex marriage? By definition, Conservativism would want to keep the status quo "established order" and oppose "radical change". For a long time Christianity was the only accepted religion, and Conservatism would have been okay with that. Progressivism sees people being prevented from equality and tries to amend that.

America is founded on protecting the minority from the "tyranny of the majority". So a vocal minority of black slaves wanted freedom and the majority caved, which was change for change sake and not progress, is that your take? It's the same with SSM - a group of people were treated differently under the law and progress was made to grant equality. You may have not liked it, or think it was regressive. People thought that giving women the right to vote was regressive, or outlawing anti-miscegenation.

You are 100% interpreting my posts to fit your narrative. My language was very clear at the beginning, criticizing both Progressives and Conservatives for being too quick to dismiss the other side, demonize them, and build up strawmen of what they think without actually asking or listening. You saw that and responded with basically "how dare you insult Conservatives!"

@JacksonNought Oh dear.... I had much more respect for you before you asked.

1. Progress and Progressivism are 2 different things.
  2. The Progressive Era started in the late 1800s and ended around 1920. Which excludes it from your claims.
  3. Today's Progressives are nothing like those in the Progressive Era.
    Do you need more information?
    I suggest you look up...
    The Enlightenment. It is not Progressivism in fact in many ways they are opposites.
    Humanists and The Renaissance. Also not Progressives..
    The Reformation and Martin Luther. Also not related to what we know as Progressivism.
    The Industrial Revolution. Brought about many changes in society.

Postmodernism is what today's Progressives base their beliefs on. Change is change for good or bad, the Earth is dynamic not static planet. All true Conservatives understand this. Conservatives are not anti-progress in fact many embrace and initiate it. Progressives that say otherwise are liars. those tht believe them re fools, useful idiots to be used in their hunger for political and social power.

It is a Progressive lie that Conservatives seek to live in the past and seek to block all change.
You can "insult" (your word) Conservatives all you like... just be factul when you do.
BTW I already proved your biased languge use ok. I'm not going to reproduce all of it for you there is no need to. Look to yourself, not me.

@Lightman

"Conservatives are not anti-progress in fact many embrace and initiate it. Progressives that say otherwise are liars."

Yet here you are telling me, a progressive, what I think.

My language is clear. You can lie all you want and tell me I'm saying something I'm not, doesn't make it true.

@JacksonNought Nope. Just posting a fact
As for you lying.... You just can't face the truth of your bias... get over it. I am.
People can read you know.

@JacksonNought except that leftists were the segregationists and the slave holders and the members of the KKK in the vast majority.

@curvycom not true. If that was the case, then why are all the "leftists" trying to remove Confederate monuments and ban the Confederate flag, and the "rightists" trying to stop them and clinging to their "heritage"?

It is well known that there was a party realignment. First, if we are using terms like "leftists" and using the current-day definitions, then no they were not the majority slave holders and KKK members. If you said Democrats, then yes, but not "leftists". Back in the late 1800s and early 1900s, the "leftists" were the Republicans, with Democrats opposing desegregation and civil rights. Once the Democratic Party started endorsing more civil rights and discussing black issues, there was a massive shift where southern Democrat racists left the party and joined the Republicans. Today's Democrats where the Republicans of Lincoln.

[history.house.gov]

[usatoday.com]

@JacksonNought They are basically the same, I feel. The people, that hate without reason. Modern day leftists are essentially the same. They simply have a new thing to hate, but they are the same then and now as the subset of the population that are easily led to hate.

@JacksonNought honestly though, dude, it was a snarky comment on my part, not an argument. Just a joke, dude. Still... like most humor -- maybe a grain of truth there whether you like it or not.

My conversations, mostly online, are mostly with religious people but not enough conversations with "progressives" to consider significant. [Edit: for this reason, I voted "Something else"] However, I've read Greg Gutfeld's How To Be Right: The Art of Being Persuasively Correct, which I strongly recommend. And I'd say that there are 3 key points to consider (at least one of them, IIRC, is in the book):

1. Know the facts and be prepared against every point or counterpoint as much as possible. Know yourself and know your enemy...
  2. Ridicule ridiculous ideas and ideologies and shame the idiots who hold such beliefs.
  3. Such regressive ideas should not be associated with intellect and "fake" elitism (point 2 should be heavily used!)

And over the past few years I've seen the Right making progress on the first 2 points.

I saw the rise of people such as, to name a few, Tomi Lahren who listed the names of the US citizens who died in Benghazi, on the spot; and Candace Owens who is not only young and female, but also black who is "not oppressed" (that combination is like kryptonite to those glue-sniffing leftists! 😂); Blair White (a transgender, BOOM! 😂) controversies aside of course! Of course my focus is not on their identities but their content/arguments, however I'm only pointing out how that's damaging to the Left narratives! We also now have a White House press secretary who eats the fake news reporters for breakfast. Not to mention Laura Loomer, Jack Posobiec, the OANN...!

And regarding point 2, the memes of the Right and the Left can't meme! Do I need to say more?!

I had dinner with a LIB/Moderate last night!!!
He said, " He would not vote for TRUMP because of the way he talks"!!
I asked him if he liked what TRUMP had DONE!!! No response!!!
I then asked him to name what JOE had done in his 40 plus years in government, again no response!!!
Any questions????

Serg97 Level 8 Sep 20, 2020

What has Trump done that you like?

@BlurtReynolds Before or after the "KUNG-FLU"!!!
playing games right???
You are where I am from!!!

At jacksonnaught. You said it’s well documented that there is no connection between gays and pedo.

Guess what. I don’t believe any of it. Yep. I don’t. Want to know why? Because you lie. That’s right. The entire institution of gay is a lie. You say it’s born in. Lie. I grant it’s compelling. But a compulsion is not the same as innate. And by saying it is innate is a lie. Not to mention the left are all liars.

So what about all this “documentation”. It’s bogus. Of course it’s going to say there’s no connection. If such a document said there is a connection it would be lambasted by your side. The authors would get harassed and force to apologize.
And then they’d never work again. And your side will have made an example of them. Good old authoritarianism.

You can’t write or say anything remotely disparaging about the gays. They’re a protected class. You know “some animals are more equal than others”.

There is no truth here. There is no false here per se, there is only what the gays allow.

Nice free open society you got there.

Something else occurred to me. I think I understand a little more why you’re reacting with such gusto. pedophilia is in the news. You got Epstein’s madam locked up. So long as she’s not killed by the same kind of “suicide” she’s destined to reveal. cuties is amping this up. A b list actress just spoke out against pedophilia on an awards show. Kevin spacey being gay with underage boys (hello). And there are groups and activists/protesting in hollywood on this.

No wonder you’re scared. No wonder your reaction. It’s coming to the surface.

Personally I don’t think you’ll get pedophilia through. I think it’s inevitable for your side to push it but any red blooded member of the human race will not only denounce, they’ll take to the streets and they are.

There is a probability here. People are going to demand how we ever got so degenerate that we even remotely entertained the idea of normal pedophiles. And then they start tracing back to analyze how it all came to be.

As I said, no wonder you’re reaction.

@Towgunner77 I rarely agree with @JacksonNought but he is correct - there is no significant link between homosexuality and paedophilia.

Admittedly, the gay community fed the myth by welcoming paedophile groups into Pride Parades up until the late 70’s or early 80’s. The criminal molesters were trying to piggyback on the gay rights movement to gain acceptance. Gay activists, to their credit, finally rejected them.

There’s plenty of peer reviewed data (and I get that you don’t accept it).

The most widely cited study is by Jenny, Roesler & Poyer (1994), American Academy of Pediatrics:
82% of victims were molested by the heterosexual partner of a close relative of the child

I know I said I was out, and I was just going to ignore any further comments from you, but I had to pop back in just to laugh at you. Thank you, you gave me quite the chuckle. So you can be presented with mountains of evidence and you just won't believe it. You say the left all lie, that gay people all lie, etc. Despite evidence of the contrary, you feel in your heart of hearts that you are right. So much for facts don't care about your feelings, eh?

You might be the biggest fool I think I've come across on this site, and I've dealt with rabid anti-semites. No wonder you can't figure how to do a simple reply.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the poster boy for this topic. You want to understand how to speak to a progressive and try to make them understand your side, this is exhibit A of what not to do. A lot of people commenting here want to claim progressives think based on feelings while conservatives think based on logic... well here we have a conservative flat out say they are basing their worldview on their feelings and spitting in the face of factual evidence.

Once more Tow, I am sitting here laughing my ass off at what a fool you've made out of yourself.

I don't have a comment on your argument with jackstein. Could you please use the reply button indicated in the attached photo? You're really jacking up the flow of the thread. Thank you

I believe one's political nature is a philosophic matter, such as feelings vs. facts. Not that there's anything wrong with either perspective per se, just a different world view. As such its much more difficult to force one to change their mode of thinking.

At jacksonnaught. You’re responses to the fact there is a gay and pedo connection are predictable. It’s very very very important for the gays to keep this under the rug. Such a disclosure will hurt their PR and you can’t have that. Because it will shatter the idea that gays are innocent. It reveals a level of abuse that is systematic and, therefore, a fundamental component to this “community”. Indeed the movie that I believe got an Oscar maybe even best picture about an older gay man having sex with a younger boy is not art. It’s the reality. It’s part of the “coming of age” process within the gay community. You dismiss this. Flippantly. And say “well that’s just how it is in this community, how else are they supposed too...” and just like that you inadvertently find yourself siding with pedophilia.

As I said, you’ll do everything you can to deny this.

Truth, jacksonnaught, is a peculiar thing...it can be obscured even buried and believed dead, but as a constant, it always comes to the surface.

You are just flat out lying now. It's sad how indoctrinated you really are. There is no need to "deny" anything, I am just speaking factual truth with mountains of evidence to support. You are the one making up falsehoods. Who the hell is saying "well that's just how it is in this community, how else are they supposed too..."? I sure didn't.

For the last time, it isn't a PR move, it isn't to protect community, it isn't being swept under the rug - THERE IS NO LINK BETWEEN HOMOSEXUALITY AND PEDOPHILIA. Maybe you need to get out of your bubble and stop listening to "alternative facts". Interesting how you keep blaming gay people but seem to think religion is innocent? It is well documented that homosexuality, trans identity, etc do no lead to, nor do they endorse, pedophilia. It is also well documented how the Catholic Church abused thousands of children, covered it up, and refused to allow investigations.

I guess you are saying being abused by a priest is all part of the Catholic community, how else are people supposed to... No? Well then stop being so obtuse when it comes to gay people.

I have no need to continually waste my time with your homophobic rants and misinformation. I'm out.

Of course you never provided evidence of your "11 year old boy" story.

I’m responding to the comments on my comment about homosexuals and pedophilia. For some reason I can’t reply to the individual posts. At any rate, I’ve read “strongly disagree” that homosexual and pedophile is related. And that epstein and Harvey Weinstein we’re both heterosexual therefore this is a heterosexual problem only.

2 incidents...nice sample size.

Meanwhile...

The ever pure lgtismajrjehfwfafajdjeh and q ( and P) who, apparently, are the polar opposite of pedophiles is actively doing “drag queen” story hours. Where grown men in “dresses” and in highly sexualized clothes to include lingerie are seeking access to little children. I watched a grown man get on all fours doing a highly sexual dance in front of a three year old girl. Oh and some of these pure as snow “drag queens” turned out to be...convicted pedophiles. But accordingly they are not pedophils because gays are not at all like that. Then there was an 11 year old boy dressed in “drag”, that is as a street whore, doing sex dances in a gay night club in front of adult homosexual men at 2 am. Nothing to see here right? Wasn’t there a movie a couple of years ago that, I believe won an oscar, about a grown man having sex with an underage boy? I guess that was “love” and not pedophilia.

Good old harvey milk didn’t have his own underage boy. There weren’t young children at stonewall either. And all of the founding members of the “gay movement” were not outed pedophiles. Right?

Oh and what just happened in SFO? Did they not just submit legislation that might have already passed where a judge can not put a gay man on a sex offending registry if he had sex with an under age child? Why would this be necessary if there is no connection between gays and pedophilia?

First off, to the posters that posted all the gay is not pedophile stuff, whether your right or your wrong, pedophilia in general is being promoted. Two incidents of late support this claim on top of several others over the years - aforementioned SFO legislation and “cuties” on netflix.

The relationship is both direct and indirect. Yes, gays are pedo’s. And we have the broader losing of sexual morals, i.e., the sexual revolution, to thank for this. Surely the sex revolution included heterosexual, but what people fail to understand is that it’s all part of a spectrum of degeneracy. Read about the sex revolution and youll find the rise of homosexuality was central to it.

What I’m pointing out is that first it was gays and now it’s pedophiles. And why not? If a pedophile is just another sexual “orientation” than how can this person really be at fault? Sound familiar?

Someone said “ultra tolerance” does not lead to pedophilia. My question back is - are you living in a cave? Tolerance means tolerance for every person. You all cheer...yippie. Yes, and that means “all” to include pedophiles. The human appetite for sex is no different than any other appetite. It’s insatiable and seeks ever more “kicks”. Go to a gay “community” and observe the obsessive displays of sex. This is the locus forcing society to succumb more and more to this appetite.

We’re told gay is “born in”? No proof has ever verified this. Meanwhile ask a typical gay about their life and you’ll discover they were sexually abused as kids. It’s like clockwork. Over and over and over again. Pro-gay people and certainly gays themselves, vehemently deny such a connection. Why? Because it’s terrible optics for them. The organized PR campaign over the last 20-30 years has been making gays look like innocent mockingbirds. To out the pedo-gay connection will impact their popularity. And at the end of the day being liked is more important to the gays than dealing with their abuse issues. And that is substance of the “gay community”.

Take your head out of the sand or you’ll have child harems led by a abusive drag queen soon.

You are so far off the reservation it isn't even funny.

First, no one said that LGBTQ people can't be pedophiles. They simply said that it is just as likely for pedophiles to be heterosexual. Being gay or trans has no correlation with being a pedophile. There is rampant pedophilia in the Catholic Church, does that mean being Catholic causes pedophilia?

What drag queens are convicted pedophiles? Which ones who have done story hour? I would like examples please. I didn't hear this much outrage when Bugs Bunny dressed as a woman to trick Elmer Fudd. I don't hear this much outrage over Powder Puff Football. I always remember men dressing as women and women dressing as men being played off as funny for kids and adults alike, why is there all of this outrage and accusations of trying to endorse pedophilia now?

The notion that all LGBTQ people were abused or molested as children is an outright lie. The notion that LGBTQ people are all pedophiles is an outright lie.

You are also so far from the truth when it comes to the California bill you are trying to use as a rallying cry. As I explained on a separate post, when it comes to California Bill SB 145 people just see the click-bait headlines and media talking points and form opinions and outrage without ever looking deeper into it. There is already a law which automatically labels oral or anal as rape and requires sex offender registry, but lets vaginal sex be excused away by a judge. The law was already in existence to let a judge excuse away a statutory rape of a minor and someone 10 years older when vaginal sex was involved, the new bill does nothing to change that criteria, it just endorses equal application of the law for LGBTQ people, allowing discretion for sexual acts that aren't strictly heterosexual.

[usatoday.com]
Before SB-145, an 18-year-old male convicted of having oral or anal sex with a 17-year-old male would be required to register as a sex offender, while a 24-year-old male convicted of having penile-vaginal sex with a 15-year-old female would not be automatically required to register – it would be left up to the judge.
Garrett-Pate said SB-145 creates parity regardless of sexual orientation.
"The current law says that for penile-vaginal sex, it's up to the judge to determine whether or not that person should be placed on the registry," he said. "Under current law, however, the judge has no discretion if it's oral or anal sex. That means that LGBTQ young people end up being treated differently than their non-LGBTQ peers."
...Notably, SB-145 does not apply to intercourse of any kind with minors who are younger than 14. In those cases, mandatory sex offender registration is required by law.

You are basically using this bill to try and call gay people pedophiles, while not using the current law to call heterosexual people pedophiles. Why not be outraged at the fact that there was already an uncontested law for years that let 24 year-olds rape 14 year-olds and get away with it?

What about child brides? Did you know that 13 states in the USA have no age limit for marriage, meaning a family can marry off their 8 year old daughter to a 40 year old man? And typically, especially in religious scenarios, rape / pedophilia is ignored when it is between married couples. Before Tennessee set an age limit of 17 in 2018, girls as young as 10 were married in 2001. Just last year there was a bill in Idaho to end child marriage and make the minimum age 16 - the bill died, with a Republican lawmaker saying it "went too far" and another saying they were concerned about "sanctity of family".

[independent.co.uk]
Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.
The minimum age for marriage across most of the US is 18, but every state has exemptions – such as parental consent or pregnancy – which allow younger children to tie the knot.
In May, the high-profile Republican governor for New Jersey declined to sign into law a measure that would have made his state the first to ban child marriage without exception. Chris Christie claimed it would "conflict with religious customs."

Where is your outrage with devoutly religious people and pedophilia? Why are you so focused on LGBTQ people? Where is your outrage with the Catholic Church? You think "ultra tolerance" of LGBTQ rights will lead to pedophilia. Why aren't you concerned that "ultra tolerance" of religion can lead to pedophilia? If we allow religious organizations to circumvent the law due to their religious convictions, such as with the birth control mandate of the ACA, then we will eventually allow Catholics to engage in pedophilia with no consequence because it is part of their religious freedom. Doesn't that sound ridiculous? That is where this kind slippery slope can get you.

You just seem like an ultra prude who thinks anything other than missionary sex purely for procreation within a man-woman only marriage is off the rails in depravity and an end to civilized society. Perhaps you should actually educate yourself and not cling to debunked stone-age bigoted talking points.

I found myself changing as a result of reading wide open debate and even flame wars back in the old Fidonet so I think folks will only change their minds from constantly reading about issues being argued openly. After a while, it became clear that one side argued from emotion, and the other from reason and logic. One side exploded with epithets, name calling, the usual ad hominem attacks, and the other side always responded calmly with facts, history, or solid knowledge.

Getting people to do that nowadays is simply impossible. Too many were brainwashed by people who they trusted as educators....🤦🏼♀️ Hollywood and social media play a role, too. We might be only successful at working on our own families, and even that is tough these days.

Hunger.

No arguments exist that will overcome fears once established. Fears generate prejudice, which is internally recognized, then defended fiercely against the guilt response.

Guilt is powerful... what do you think they’re afraid of? “Racist” Trump supporters?

@Admin The guilt comes from knowing within themselves that they are wrong, can’t admit it, and so double down on their position. I’m not defending it; just saying what I see.

@Admin, @dd54, Alexis deToqueville predicted the eventual conversion of any Democracy (which for this point includes our representative republic) to socialism, because the unintelligent masses, unaware of the founding principles and how their rights are protected by them, happily abandon their liberty because they believe they can vote themselves the goodies - as if the government is actually the source of money, not productivity and raw materials.

So some believe that all democracies will fall, and seldom peacefully.

I tried , more often then i could count, nur sadly never sucessful...

My idea now is , let them Talk, wait till they have presented their unrealistic arguments and let them promise BEFORE, that they will watch a video at the actual Situation in Sweden from e.g. "angry foreigner". Cause they are similar to Kids, who never saw the ugly Face of reality. NEVER...

So the only solution is some Kind of shocktherapy, children that have been burnt and buried alive , after beeing victims of a gangrape...

And probably even THIS won't help often...

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 134

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top