slug.com slug.com
29 8

Any suggestions as to how to emotionally prepare for the election?

For many Democrats, tomorrow represents the culmination of a four year effort to regain political control at the national level. While "winning" has always been the goal of an election, this year feels noticeably different as we, as a country, are more polarized than ever. Both sides have people convinced that their world view is the right one - fueled in part by a confirmation from their social network and consumed media (compare how few stories overlap on home page of [CNN.com] and [FoxNews.com] ).

However, one side will win, hopefully definitively, and the other will lose. With polarization, those on the losing side will fear the winners and winners will fear those on the losing side. Fear is one of the most dangerous emotions... as famously spoken by FDR, "we have nothing to fear but fear itself".

What advice do you have to emotionally prepare? What might you say to other Americans who voted for the other side in the case your side wins that would help bridge the divide?

Admin 8 Nov 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I pray that my political opponents will take joy in their side's victory. That seems to take away the emotional sting for me.

After flying back from his last campaign stop in 1992, President Bush went out and bought fly fishing gear. I think that's a good example. Plan a big project. Hike one of the big trails, climb a major mountain, kayak down a river. Get maps, plan for equipment, estimate costs. Every time you start thinking about politics, start perusing those catalogs and maps instead.

That is good advice for most personal traumas and tragedies... or just political losses.

oh my god

This is definitely a very polarizing election. In the last 4 years I went from, didn't vote Trump or Hillary, Trump is actually doing a pretty good job, Trump is the worst, I don't like Trump or Biden, to I'm voting Trump and I actually feel good about voting for Trump.

I'm not happy with every single problem having two sets of truths, values, and political view. COVID, race, jobs, education, health, law enforcement, and the list goes on. I weighed my options, entertained new ideologies, and really dug into politics a lot more these past 4 years than I've done in a long time. So, I do feel confident in my choice. However, the lack of a single issue as being seen in more of a bipartisan light is extremely concerning. Especially since the biggest issues we face could use a little take and give on both sides and a lot more nuance rather than such two different iron clad propositions for solutions.

So, regardless who wins, this will be a rough next four years. I'm not going to have a melt down if Trump loses, but I'll probably be more skeptical of a Biden win. That's most likely because I have accumulated bias on certain subjects that I don't agree with from the Biden campaign.

If I could offer a suggestion, it would be more in the direction to myself rather than anyone else who is also voting for Trump. If Biden wins, I don't want to develop the Biden version of TDS. If I'm upset with an action, or policy, or whatever "gotcha" clip I see circulating online, I should do more research instead of taking everything at face value. I didn't like how it's been done with Trump, I don't want to do the same with Biden.

It's going to be interesting to see how this finally plays out. I'm very curious if online predictions are accurate.😊

I don't think that one could be unreasonably afraid of Communism, so a BDS may be justyfied. Surely you know by now what it's about. I assure you, though, you ave no clue how horrifying it could be. Im Mexican, Im only half way there, and even here is already awful. I really find it so extremely wrong for Americans to be risking such an incredible amazing country youve created. I can't believe you are willingly destroying...

I am not American nor do I reside there, but I am extremely aware of the term Freedom and what a free country truly represents.
As to what is right and what is wrong (from a political view point) Freedom can be the only final arbitrator. So between Democrat vs Republican, there can be little argument.
If you fully understand freedom, then the choice is simple, there can be no alternative but chains.
Chains are chains, you cannot be half chained.... or half free.
Though lord we have tried and tried.

I look with much interest as to the outcome of this American election and also to the final view points of the those that at least have a choice, with the last vestiges of Freedom everywhere now at their fingertips.

America goes to the dogs, we all go to the dogs.

Felix Level 7 Nov 2, 2020

Are Australians rooting for Biden or Trump? Or are things polarized there too?

@Admin polarized
but we are one step removed so there is not as much emotional investment

@Admin
In NZ it is 90/10 split in favour of Biden.
In most of Europe according to my friends and family there it is 95/5 split in favour of Biden.

@Admin
Its hard to figure.... Most folk (not under biased media influence) would only have the ability to mix and hence judge, by those that make up their own circle of influence. Out side of your own circle there is no way known to answer accurately what you asked.
I note that one such recent comment herein relates percentages to Trump and Biden. Unless someone has an accurate crystal ball or talks to %100 of the people.... those folk relating such rubbish are shit talkers.
Its Just Media mayhem.... what is surprising is, there are gullible folk that believe it.
But then in this instance and given the country of origin.... they believe anything.

And I know that because %95 of the people I talk to told me so.

Mexico here. I 100% second that. America is the only country that stands against totalitarianism. This ellection isnt just about you. We will be all fucked globally if you choose wrong. Please think it through. And that means vote Trump. Seriously.

@A1fredo Thank you for your comment. I agree.

Depends on the outcome, might need to take a break from social media for awhile. Whoever loses is going to accuse the other side of cheating, so with that in mind hope there will be an easy and surefire way of proving that no cheating occured in which to calm people down on that much.

The problem with this lies in the fact that our society more or less has convinced everyone that they must take a side (as in strictly Democrat or Republican), instead of focusing on who would be the best candidate for President (including all third party candidates). These days it's all about what side you're on. As for what to say to those who voted for the candidate who lost, should I get into any deep conversations with them think I might simply avoid the topic of politics for awhile. I do not see any sense in gloating over my candidate winning. Our politics have become truly screwed-up, sure doesn't feel like the "United" States. George Washington and the other Founders are rolling over in their graves.

I was wondering if I could just avoid media for a week and gauge who wins by how much smoke arises in my city.

@Admin Well... I suppose you could sit back and observe who exactly is responsible for the smoke (Proud Boys or ANTIFA)? Judging by who caused the smoke, could be a fairly accurate way of determining who lost the Election, albeit a disturbing way at that...

I'm dreading the "cheating" angle. I can see it happening on both sides. I'm really hoping it's not going to come to that, but the likelihood seems fairly high.

@SpikeTalon Proud Boys? Really... what damage have they done over the last 6 months? they were brought up by Biden who didn't even know they were not "white supremacists".

@Lightman No damage yet and rather doubt the PBs would do much anything should Trump lose. Still, you never know what these groups are capable of. Personally, I don't trust any of these identity-based movements/groups.

@Admin sadly that might be the criteria everyone will be using

If the right loses it will be time to leave the REpublican party and search for a new party with Trump ideology. We must save Western Civilization at all costs, of that, I can assure you.
If the left loses it will be fear and trembling that maybe we have turned a corner to a sane and cogent American policy and politic. Who knows how the radical anti-Americans will react.

I don't fear anyone on the other side. I fear what their policies will do to this country. It isn't personal (or at least it doesn't have to be). The way I see it, the left wants to fundamentally change our way of life. The right wants to preserve it. Maybe I should have a more nuanced view, but to me it's that simple. If Trump loses, I hope those on the right will graciously accept that the people have spoken, and our job at that point will to speak and act boldly for the principles that made this country great. Our liberties must be preserved! If Biden loses, I hope people on the left understand that the right doesn't hate you. We want your lives to be better, just as we want ours to be better. Personally, I'm tired of living in a hate-filled society fueled by covetousness. I want things to be the way they once were...when I could sit down with somebody who has opposing views and have a decent conversation that doesn't deteriorate into ideological barbs, name-calling, or blathering sound bites heard on one of the turd-infested news sites we're all plugged into.

In the end, regardless of how the selection turns out, I have to remind myself that God is what matters most to me. He will still be ruling over his creation as his plan for humanity, however mysterious and complex it might be, continues to unfold.

Now....everyone go vote!

if youve experienced Communism before, you would go through hell in order to vote for Trump.......

@A1fredo That's why I wish every American would go on a mission trip to Cuba. Not a vacation...a mission trip...where you live for a week or two with average citizens and experience firsthand what Communism really looks like.

@coalburned yeah, totally. Ive suggested it a lt before. even just to Mexico would be enough to create some perspextive in their minds. three months with no access to their US resources: they will never ever talk badly about the US agaib

The best way to prepare emotionally is to stop being so emotional. I’ll say the same thing I said four years ago when woke leftists went into hysterical spasms: a President is not an emperor. A president is constrained by the constitution, the two other branches, the rule of law and the will of the people.

I do not want to see a Biden-Harris administration, but if that’s the result, conservatives need to steel themselves for the inevitable gloating and start to focus on the midterms, two short years away. Similarly, if Republicans manage to pull out a win, the Democrats have to grow up, for the sake of the country and regroup.

Stop listening to the nonsense about this being the “most important” election ever. That’s a lie. Power can shift under the US system every two years. Younger Americans have no clue they live under the best designed political system in the world, because the woke-progs have all but eliminated teaching civics.

Its no surprise that in the US, as the world’s most prominent superpower, everything is bigger, bolder and LOUDER. In Canadian elections, total spending for each party is limited to $28-million (the US equivalent, with conversion and your larger size would be a $210-million cap). Yet in the last election, candidate Clinton alone spent five times that: a staggering $1.2-billion. The first Democratic Presidential candidate announced 1,190 days ago. The longest Canadian campaign? Seventy-eight days.

Stay the course. The world needs a sane and stable America.

GeeMac Level 8 Nov 2, 2020

Prepare for the worse and hope for the best.
Be kind, be courteous, be civil. In other words treat them better than they would treat us.
The reason the US and Britain won WW2 was not just the war itself but what we did afterward.

Recipe for being stepped all over. I would know.

Except, Teddy Roosevelt had the perfect response to your reply, "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
Theodore Roosevelt

When push comes to shove, many people in the US will throw down, but they would rather not resort to that if they can, but they will. It is why no one caused me many school issues, and if they did, they avoided me as much as possible.

If you can't emotionally handle the result of an election, you won't survive whats coming. Best find a hideyhole and crawl in.

I don't think theres a single American that is emotionally ready to be in a non-ruling situation within communism.

Love his work. Good for counter-culture types... but what about the mainstream?

I'm trying to picture what the Carlin version of Danny Kaye would have looked like.😂 I really loved both, though. Just thinking of a nonchalant Carlin singing and dancing reminds me of the first time I saw the musical version of Puss and Boots staring Christopher Walken. (If you haven't seen it, it's hilarious)

I bought a half gallon of rum and a half gallon of 100 proof bourbon. Food? I forgot to buy food. I should be fine anyway. What is the needs hierarchy? Three minutes without air, three days without booze, three weeks without food? I'm fine.

Anybody who isn't yet prepared to lose an election is already lost. I suppose an advantage to a regimen of low dose "black pills" is that you build immunity to untoward levels of "hope."

govols Level 8 Nov 2, 2020

"Yes we can" can be scary too depending on what.

Booze, weed, prayer, meditation, video games, hobbies, a good book, giving thanks for what you have, talking to a loved one, sex, humor, exercise, sleep

In preparation for the results of the election I have given the following advice to my family and loved ones as well as to my Christian friends. It will be of no value to those who don’t have a relationship with God that takes top priority in their lives though. If you (the reader of this advice) are one who has this relationship, feel free to read on; otherwise, feel free to ignore and pass by.

Phil 4:6-8 tells us not to worry, but to pray. All throughout the Bible God tells us to do our part, but to trust in Him for the outcome is in His hands. (e.g. Proverbs 16:1-3) God is in control of everything that takes place. Our responsibility (in this situation) is to vote in a way that brings honor to Him and to pass on information to others so that they may do the same. Once we do that, we need not fear the results. No matter who is ultimately elected, there is no value in fear and great value in faith. Matthew 10:28-31 may help you as well.

He may choose to allow evil people to come into a position of power in order to discipline those He loves (and punish those who hate Him), but as long as His name is glorified, we should be happy to suffer for Him. This principle is all throughout His word. (Romans 13:1 was written to God’s people when those in authority were doing them great harm). At some time in the future He may call us to arms to fight on His side (as He often did throughout history), but He has made no such call evident, hence any action would bring no honor to Him nor would it have His support.

Amen! Very well said, brother!

Hope for the Best.
Prepare for the Worst.
Spend the next few days cleaning weapons and packing ammunition?

20 million guns bought this year (I think)

@Admin
Actually thats a bit of a concern to me.
Not the increase in ownership but the concept that probably an overwhelming percentage of those new gun owners learned “everything they know” from movies and video/computer games.
The concept of actual guns in the hands of that type of person/personality is ... frightening.

On the psychological level, we all know how TDS is a real mental disorder where reason and logic flies out the window, and how a Trump win can put these people in a murderous meltdown, I guess not showing ostentatious celebration to a Trump win that could tip them over would be a wise move, in the cause of mental health. Just don't talk about politics with them. Just be your nice usual self and distract them with life.

I personally think that prolonging the syndrome won't help, it will just extend the agony. I think that if you have the chance to confront someone you trust one on one, it's best to do so. Otherwise they will never deal with it.

@A1fredo
If there's enough of them who'll get tipped over...

@eschatologyguy Im sorry, I don't know what you mean

@A1fredo
If there's enough of the "meltdowned ones" who would feel you're "adding insult to injury" (and there are lots of them) with an ostentatious victory celebration, they could secretly plan something bad

@eschatologyguy Yeah, for sure. That's why I added the "you can trust" part. I think that using the emotional investment someone has for you into waking them up, that's the best way to make it fruitful. But I definitely agree that you can't do it with people you don't trust. It wouldnt work anyway too. Emotionally speaking, only a bigger interest in you can overcome the TDS. As we know, their commitment to thebleft is hate-based, emotionally-based at the very least. So yeah, other than someone rrally, really close; that would be looking for trouble without any chance of getting anything good out of it. definitely.

@A1fredo
Oh, I missed that one.

Emotionally prepare for:
Constitutional government and prosperity v seizure by various international crime syndicates supported by their media arm.

Felix Level 7 Nov 2, 2020

Why can’t we have both ?
Imagine the good we could do with the effort and money wasted on elections.
Imagine our country without all the division !
It’s time to get rid of parties and biased media

Problem! One side is 100% devoted to the total destruction of the other & has shown a willingness to destroy the country in order to prevent the President from doing his job!

Yes, it's incredible how much time is spent now on politics and related emotional drama. It seems like more time than I used to spend at church.

We most definitely could use more bipartisan nuanced lines of thought. I don't see anything like that happening while we're so close to election. Afterwards, however, perhaps? There's always going to be those that have uncompromising ideologies, both sides, but at a leadership level I would like to see more give and take on stances. (May be just hopeful thinking, but I would like to see it non the less)

A two party system is, with its flaws, the best there is at the moment. It's not the system's fault that one party has gone rogue.

Bill Maher addressed this at the end of his show that ran Friday October 30, 2020.

Uncertain we're the MOST dividied we've ever been but agree that the situation is untenable. Neither side seems particularly reconciliation-oriented.

"Emotional preparation" has to involve distancing. Who leads one of three co-equal branches is important but...they're not a king. How will this impact everyday life for the vast majority of people....not much.

If we made it through eight years of Obama (in senate two years and only as in ONLY had race "going" for him ... oh yeah, he was "articulate" ), then we can make it through much.

HOPEFULLY we will have to avoid a bunch of people with TURD. If Biden happens to win, he will be my President. (For about 5 minutes until he hands the reigns over to that twat) If Biden wins I will hope for the best because it will be terrible. A Biden win isn't just being resigned to dealing with him, it's an avenue for the hard left to take a bigger foothold in this Country and the people that support that platform are either too stupid to realize what they are doing or just don't care. Open borders, gun confiscation, soaring taxes, slavery reparations, all on the table if Biden wins. Oh boy. 😑
Hopefully the following will be even more valid than it was in 2016.

Do You Know Someone Suffering From Trump Unacceptance & Resistance Disorder (TURD)?
Know the signs, spot the symptoms, and save a life!
TURD is a pattern of pathologically disasociative and psychotic behavior, first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016, and increasing in severity with passing time.
Sufferers of TURD often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of rage, rioting, and uncontrollable crying.
People with TURD are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again.
TURD Is caused by the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States of America. For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome; their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite in such ill health she got chucked into the back of a van like a kidnap victim.
Research is ongoing, but TURD appears to correlate closely with the following environmental and behavioral factors:
Membership in the Democratic Party
Identifying as a Feminist
Currently enrolled in college, and/or Possession of a Liberal Arts college degree
Living in a densely populated metropolitan area
Massive student debt
Spotty or non-existent work history
Patients with TURD are very resistant to treatment, and dangerous in large groups. Any possibility of treatment requires that they be separated from their hive-mind support apparatus; they cannot begin the process of accepting reality in the presence of encouragement towards delusion and irrationality. Separation may require the assistance of law enforcement.
If you have a friend or loved one suffering from TURD, urge them to seek treatment. Together we can beat this scourge, and Make America Great Again.

I think the past four years have forced us to get emotionally prepared for what’s coming. As Devon Nunes said in the documentary The Plot against the President, regarding the aftermath of the 2016 vote, “At first we thought they were kidding: are you serious? You’re not going to accept the results of the election?”

They were serious. We already know the details of the fraudulent/treasonous efforts of the intelligence community to actively subvert the election. But it goes deeper. As David Horowitz outlines in his latest book, Blitz—

FIVE DAYS AFTER THE 2016 election, a closed-door meeting took place in the nation’s capital at the luxurious Mandarin Oriental Hotel. The purpose of the meeting was first to plot a formal Resistance to the new president, and second to adopt a strategy for moving the Democratic Party further to the political left. The entire event was organized and paid for by George Soros’s “Democracy Alliance.”

The Alliance is a coalition of 110 billionaires who have each pledged to contribute $200,000 a year toward leftwing causes. For decades, Soros has worked to shape the politics of the Democratic Party by creating a coalition of leftwing groups that will support his agendas. The coalition consists of trade unions, political movements like the Marxoid “Working Families Party,” philanthropic and advocacy groups like the Tides Foundation, blacklist organizations and smear sites like Blood Money and the Southern Poverty Law Center, and violent street communists who fomented anti-capitalist protests

The Mandarin Oriental gathering lasted four days. Among its attendees were several hundred activists and politicians like House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Senator Elizabeth Warren, and Congressional Progressive Caucus co-chairman Keith Ellison. According to the Politico reporter who was present at the meeting, “Some sessions deal with gearing up for 2017 and 2018 elections, while others focus on thwarting President-elect Trump’s 100-day plan, which the agenda calls ‘a terrifying assault on President Obama’s achievements—and our progressive vision for an equitable and just nation.’” Commented the reporter: “If the agenda is any indication, liberals plan full-on trench warfare against Trump from Day One.”

It was a decoration of war.

Horowitz, David. BLITZ (pp. 24-25). Humanix Books. Kindle Edition.

They did this. Whatever is coming, it is the product of a system that they intentionally broke. By taking this approach, the party forced itself to abandon previous common-sense position like a border wall and sensible immigration restrictions. It became, “If Trump’s for it, we’re against it.”

If Trump wins, they will do everything possible to break the system further and render the election, and all elections meaningless. They’ll first try to tie up the results in the courts. Their “red mirage” mantra has been floating out in the kulturesmog for months. “It’ll look like Trump won, but as soon as we find the necessary votes, that mirage will vanish.” Failing that, they’ll export their tactics from Portland, Kenosha, and Baltimore to the rest of the country.

They will do this. There is no moral equivalency here, none of this, “Well, mistakes were made on both sides,” bullshit. They’ve broken the system, and it will remain broken. What do they think? That if Biden steals this election, and they install a cheap whore like Kamala Harris in the White House, those crowds that turned out for Trump are just going to vaporize? That Trump will simply throw up his hands, say “Well, I tried,” and retire to Mar-A-Lago?

No. The furies that have been released are out there and they’re not going away. Prepare emotionally? Right. I prepared emotionally when I sat down to watch the returns in 2016. I was ready then to say good bye to the country. The ensuing four years have done nothing to mollify my feelings. But this time, my preparations are taking a more pragmatic turn.

I’m buying ammo, and storable food. Hope I don’t need to use it. But, hey, we all need to be emotionally prepared. Right?

If Biden wins i will weep for America.

The deep state
The pedos
Antifa
The destruction.
The anti-white agenda
The BLM marxists
The anti male agenda.
CRITIAL RACE THEORY
post moderinism

Trump was the LAST LINE OF DEFENCE against the MARXOID insanity that is being held back. I know this, you know this - even the moronic left know this!

I pray for a republican victory over EVIL (lets not kid ourselves, the left is EVIL) but if they don't win I don't know what will happen. I fear for the Trump families lives, perhaps they could flee for the UK or southern America but really I fear what the insane lib postmodernist Marxists will try and do.

It's possible the army stop the democrats out of love for the nation and "remove" the lib cancer in washington and hope the country follows suit but I do fear civil war - but if it comes to that we all know which side will be winning - it won't be the latte drinking soyboys!

MAGA MAGA KAG KAG

Things have already gotten to a very ugly place, and I do not think its going to be done with the election. I feel we are in a very pivotal moment as to how this country moves forward. I would like to think it would an easy transition but having seen whats already been done and said, I am not very hopeful.

I am extremely emotional, but in order to be able to manage it, you need to develop self-restrain in order not to let a clouded judgement stray you away from reality. You need to keep your feet on the ground if you want t to be sustainable, let's say. That's why -not to undermine the importance of emotions- we have to be realistic.

The best way to keep an emotional beast under control is not to feed it hopeful delusions. You know the left won't accept a defeat. Nor will the right. So what I would suggest is to move on to the next step. "Okay, now what?" How will you behave towards an ideologue who won't deal with his delusions? And I do mean the left, the right is justified. But whatever, they won't do shit anyway.

You don't want to be caught by surprise. It's like breaking up. You want to know beforehand so you got all your arguments in order and your cool one-liners at hand. So just think about it. Let your imagination follow your fears to whetever it is they need to take you. It won't be pretty, but you will be grateful you did when your counciousness is at peace knowing that you acted in a premeditated way and didn't make any mistakes because of your emotions. You will be content with yourself as you know you acted the best way you possibly could, even if the outcome wasn't favorable. That's the most important thing. You don't want to carry subconscious regrets that may mess up with your mind without knowing what's going on, moving forward.

Good luck.

Win or lose tomorrow, and the rest of the year, are going to be emotionally trying for everyone no matter which side you’re on.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 135

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top