slug.com slug.com
29 8

Any suggestions as to how to emotionally prepare for the election?

For many Democrats, tomorrow represents the culmination of a four year effort to regain political control at the national level. While "winning" has always been the goal of an election, this year feels noticeably different as we, as a country, are more polarized than ever. Both sides have people convinced that their world view is the right one - fueled in part by a confirmation from their social network and consumed media (compare how few stories overlap on home page of [CNN.com] and [FoxNews.com] ).

However, one side will win, hopefully definitively, and the other will lose. With polarization, those on the losing side will fear the winners and winners will fear those on the losing side. Fear is one of the most dangerous emotions... as famously spoken by FDR, "we have nothing to fear but fear itself".

What advice do you have to emotionally prepare? What might you say to other Americans who voted for the other side in the case your side wins that would help bridge the divide?

Admin 8 Nov 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Carlin like many who have criminal tendencies fool themselves into thinking they are big cultural rebels, when in reality they just have criminal tendencies. Real cultural rebels mostly keep it to themselves and go live on a remote island somewhere.

Carlin's dead

Is this site dedicated to America now? Is this why many members from different countries and regions are either inactive or hardly contribute their outside-America views?

Naomi Level 8 Nov 2, 2020

Mostly because I am an American and most of the members are as well. My neglect for non-American issues is more due to lack of familiarity. If you have an idea for a topic-of-the-day that I'm clearly missing, please send me a message!

It might ease up once the election shakes out. Your point is part of why I try to do stuff that's more universal.

@Admin Do you travel much? Have you ever been abroad? You appear to be insular, which is not a good thing if you wish to promote this site internationally. If your neglect for non-American issues is more due to lack of familiarity, then make posts that invite views and opinions from non-American members so that you can learn from them. As simple as that! I am non-American myself and some other non-Americans messaged me in the past and asked how I'm managing to stay on this site so long, and expressed that they feel a little alienated and feel obliged to "fit in". Not good.

@Naomi

The U.S. has a first amendment, in theory the bill of rights offers protections citizens of other countries do not enjoy. If we win the battle against tech censorship the possibility exist that the intellectual dark web will see the light of freedom. There is little hope at the moment that this battle can be fought in countries that do not have a bill of rights. There will however be a ripple effect win or lose.

@Naomi, @wolfhnd It isn't the fact that the US has a bill of rights that make it uniquely capable of fighting back. Most western countries have some form of a bill of rights as a founding document. It is where those rights come from - who grants the rights. The US is the only jurisdiction that formalizes the notion the rights come from the fact that a person exists and not from a governing gang or any other mob with guns. Canadians, for example, get their rights from the ruling party and they can be curtailed at any moment by the ruling party.

@wolfhnd I'm talking about the members of this community who live outside America. Not sure if you're aware of any of them. They live in India, The Philippines, Thailand, Denmark, Brazil, Germany, Hungary, Korea, Ireland. Italy, Spain and many many more. We hardly hear from them. This site is so America-centric that it doesn't provide an international environment - the environment where these members feel welcomed to contribute their views.
Anyway, my point is irrelevant to Admin's original post. I stop now.

@Naomi

I'm aware of them, they have every opportunity to discuss anything they want.

There is a German language group that I participated in to encourage it but since I don't speak German I don't visit it very often. I hope that other language groups get started because the ideas behind the intellectual dark web are for everyone.

The suggestion that people in the U.S. are disinterested in the rest of the world is historically valid. Strong isolationist sentiments are part of U.S. history. It took attacks on U.S. citizens to change public opinion enough that the U.S. could enter both World Wars. It's both a good and bad thing. The U.S. is the only dominate military power in history without a significant empire. Only after the disasters of two World Wars did it take a strong interest in World events. It is what it is but it is also the most ethically diverse country in the world. It's problems reflect that diversity to some extent. Including perhaps it's disinterest in the affairs of other nations.

@Naomi
We (and I'm 🇵🇭) are emotionally invested in this US election because it affects us more than you realize at the moment. Should the US turn Marxist and the Marxists get the windfall of a superpower's war machine, we little 3rd world countries would be easy pickings. America Marxist equals NWO in a year or two.

Hello dd54. I'm not miffed. It's a simple observation. People like you and me and timon-phocas are fine because we have natural outward interest in the first place, and in that case, it is easy nowadays to link ourselves to foreign sources online. Many people are insular. That's fine if they are happy being insular. However, if you're running a business, like Admin running this site, and your products and services are intended for an international audience, lack of familiarity with international affairs (especially when this site attracts political animals) is a weakness of yours as the operator of that business.

@wolfhnd If you're running a business, like Admin running this site, and your products and services are intended for an international audience, lack of familiarity with international affairs (especially when this site attracts political animals) is a weakness of yours as the operator of that business. And if this site is supposed to be a "community", and Admin and we really mean it, we have to make a conscious effort to make our community more inclusive. Like govols and others say, it is probably to do with the US election, and once it's over, there will be more room for discussions on international affairs. We'll see. Over and out.

@Naomi

That's the problem with democracy, the mob rules.

Here we have a "bill of rights" that allows the minority to speak. To be heard they may have to speak often and loud enough to drown out the mob.

The central question this brings up is why do we always turn to authority.

Read new book out that explains it all. THE SPECTER OF COMMUNISM IS RULING OUR WORLD It is actually a video on Prime

>What advice do you have to emotionally prepare?

None. The people who might need to emotionally prepare are beyond consolation if their preferred candidate's opponent wins. They're not dealing with politics rationally to begin with (e.g., alleging Trump - a man with a Jewish daughter, Jewish grandchildren, a significant number of Jewish advisors, and perhaps the coziest relationship with Israel ever - is a Nazi is beyond all reason), so reason is of no use to assist them in coping with an election loss. Personally, I encourage them to secede; it would be easier if they did.

>What might you say to other Americans who voted for the other side in the case your side wins that would help bridge the divide?

I can't say. Being #ThirdPosition, my side won't win. However, given my side is marginalized, I know what it's like to deal with election defeat (no matter who wins, I lose 😕). My advice to the vanquished is to focus on positive action that promotes your goals rather than negative activity intended to denigrate and derail the opposition. You can't build a strong movement by being focused on tearing down an opposition movement. For example, #AntiSemites constantly deride #Jews for this or that. If they spent half the time they spend complaining about Jews on building communities and networking with like-minded individuals, #Nazis might actually become a realistic threat.

More often than not, historically, it is the movement defined by optimism and hope - as opposed to pessimism and despair - that wins the hearts and minds necessary to seize political power. In the 2020 election, the #Democrats could have easily won if they'd focused on the benefits of their party's platform to the people rather than constantly denigrating the Trump admin. Likewise, the GOP should have done the same. No oe wants to vote for the lesser evil; they want to support the genuine good. Demonstrate you're the genuine good and you will win.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 135

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top