slug.com slug.com
36 10

Is it possible to talk about Jewish political influence without being called anti-Semitic?

According to a 2016 Jerusalem Post article, "US Jews contribute half of all donations to the Democratic Party (and about 25% of donations to Republicans)". For 2020, among the top 25 donors, 15 are Jewish or of Jewish origin [jweekly.com] .

For a small demographic, at around 2% of the US population, to donate at a rate 25 times the national average is an incredible testament to both their financial success and desire to be involved in the political process. If the donations were from another similarly sized minority group, say Mormons or Muslims, it would be expected to see conversations of whether the goals of that group align with long-term best interest of the country in general. However, this topic seems off limits to most mainstream media often being declared inherently hateful by groups like the SPLC and ADL. Regardless if you think substantial Jewish influence is concerning or benign, is there a way to discuss it without being called anti-Semitic?

Jewish political influence is...

• 30 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 5 votes
Admin 8 Nov 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jews push their agenda with there money and ? it not for America will all know that

B1967 Level 7 Nov 16, 2020

How is it different if Jews push their agenda with funding than any other group?

@Admin It isn’t. But when you attach “Jew” to it the biases surface

@Admin Did we give Ireland (which occupies no one else's land) or Puerto Rico (whose citizens are actually Americans) $38,000,000,000 in never-repaid "loans"?

@Admin, @parsifal How much Jewish money comes from goy guilt-gelt? How many Jewish shekels go to healing Palestinians's world?

@parsifal Why are Jews such antiteutonic bints?

@Unguentine I should mention that if you're referring to exorbitant military spending in Israel, it isn't such a large amount when you adjust for weapons, equipment, and transport, which is spent on because the US doesn't have grounds troops in Israel as it's seen as provocative.

Is it possible to talk about #Jewish political influence without being called #antiSemitic?

Maybe. I don't care. 🤷♂️

Very concerning. They have far too much power over politicians, media, big tech, and the finance system in this country.

IH8COMS Level 1 Nov 24, 2020

This poll is clearly an antisemitic conspiracy theory

I seem to recall saying this but if I did not, it does reflect my views. We can discus this to the end of time but the important point is how to move Jews rightward, away from the toxic identity politics of the left and its totalitarian ideology. Fortunately, this is already happening among younger Jews and the Orthodox. It is certainly true in Israel thinks to Russian immigration. I have been thinking and writing about this for years but, alas, its been a lonely battle. Any ideas?

BobW Level 2 Nov 17, 2020

All political influence concerns me anytime money or power is involved. The fact we're talking about Jewish influence doesn't matter.

It is impossible to mention, discuss or even hint at Jewish influence while being a "goy", sometimes even while being a former Jew, without being called antisemitic. or at least dangerous to Jewish interests. I try not to be intimidated by this and speak openly about Jews and their ways. As a Christian this is necessary because Christianity is fundamentally improved and universalized Judaism (the church is the New Israel) while the Jews remain stuck in their revolutionary spirit and illusory idea of 'chosen-nes'. Christian theology without explaining why Jews are wrong, yet part of Gods plan for salvation, is impossible.

Corjova Level 6 Nov 17, 2020

In light of your comments, please discuss the blood libel

@parsifal I think with "blood libel" you hint at old stories in which evil Jews sacrificed Christian babies. Such stories have no place Christian theology.

@Corjova You think wrong. Try again.

@parsifal Explain, please.

@parsifal there is no such thing, it is nothing but anti-Semitic fear-mongering, much like today's Satanic Panic with QAnon.

@JacksonNought oh. No such thing as blood libel? No such thing as Jews killing children and that being tied back to Jews being “Christ-killers” and the response to Pilate and how His blood will be on the hands of those clamouring for crucifixion and the hands of their children? Gotcha

@parsifal correct. It is a myth. No such thing.

@JacksonNought back to grade school, query: question marks.

@parsifal blood libel is made up. That's all you need to know. No further comment necessary.

@JacksonNought were you stamping your feet when you wrote that. Lol

@parsifal "....tied back to Jews being “Christ-killers” and the response to Pilate and how His blood will be on the hands of those clamouring for crucifixion and the hands of their children?"
If the Pharisees weren't Christ-Killers, then how do you explain all the Karaites (non-Christian Jews who don't buy into the whole Rabbi Talmud world order) that the Jews boiled in oil over the next ten centuries after Jesus?

@coalburned I’d say see above but I’m not sure where this will land...

Re blood libel. I disagreed and believe that such stories DO have a place in Christian history, and, being promoted by the clergy, Christian theology. Denying that the blood libel was very much a part of shaping Christian’s thought toward Jews is simply not believable.

@CelticRing simply, I don’t.

@parsifal The Christ killing nature of Jews is plain Bible text (acts 2:22,23), note that Peters speech is adressed to "Fellow Jews" (verse 14). Jews are guilty as representatives of all humanity, so non-Jews are equally guilty. If Jews repent and accept Jesus' gospel, they are equally forgiven (verse 38). Also the blood of Jesus has opposing meanings, on the one hand it cleanses (John 6:54, Romans 3:25, Hebrews 9:19), O.t.o.h it curses like cain was cursed (Genesis 4:10,11). Without repentence Jesus blood curses the Jews just as it blesses and saves the Christians. The official theology since the very beginning of the church is that Jews should not be harmed, just avoided. (see E. Michael Jones "The Jewish Revolutionaty Spirit" on 'Sicut Judeis Non' on page 101, 102)
The medieval story of jews sacrificing Christian children was kept alive by the worship of Simon of Trent, however nowadays the RCC has removed Simon from the list of saints. (see Wikipedia)

@Corjova and hence the divide between the people and what the Christian texts say...quoting the bible for some justification is the thin ice I avoid. The early church sought to justify its existence and its version of “the truth” that seems obvious to me. The NT is a gospel about Christ, not the gospel of Christ...

But something else for you to ponder - John 6:63. If the body (depending on translation) is nothing, what is the value of the blood sacrifice? Is that not nothing too?

@parsifal While the veracity of the stories is questionable, you're correct that they are are part of Christian history in that they were advanced to some degree by various church leaders, Martin Luther being one. I don't see how the stories tie in to Christian theology, but there seems little doubt that they influenced, for some people at least, their attitudes toward Jews.

@parsifal My exegesis of John 6:63 is that it should be read in the context of John 6, where jesus compares Himself to manna (verse 32) but maintains that His Spirtual body is of a higher quality as it gives eternal life (verse 58). Your question refers to the connection between material and immaterial realities. Jesus saying in verse 63 is not abstract as you properly grasp, but it is not about 'nothing' either. 'Spirit' is an immaterial reality, however the material body cannot directly profit from it. Both realities are interconnected because events in the material realm have effects on the immaterial realm and vice versa, your question delves into the 'interface' between the two human life. There are two 'interfaces'. first the soul which is immaterial presence in matter, second is blood, which is material presence in spirit, also refered to as 'life'. Now if a sacrificial animal is killed and its blood is collected, the priest has a material interface with spirit, by sprankling the blood on himself, on fellow priests and on holy objects he purifies these, thus enabling spirit to express in the world. This is my take on the issue of sacrifice. The Bible provdes more explaining in Hebrews 9. The saying "The flesh profitesh nothing" means that if we would literally eat Jesus' body, we would not save our soul.

@Corjova I should preface my comments about the Christian narrative are simply my own and based on my own understanding of what I have read... I take it as a literal (I hate doing that) statement that as a spiritual being our body is, in fact, nothing. A mistaken belief is all....

@coalburned I refer to the traditional definition of theology as the study of the nature of God and religious beliefs...

@parsifal thank you for allowing me to explain some mysticism. While theology concerns itself with the written sources that provide reliable information about and from God, mysticism explores what can be known about the immaterial realms, not only through direct experience (in prayer, contemplation and meditation) but also some theory. As the immaterial realms are also created, mysticism deals with lower ranking phenomena than theology.

Political influence of all kinds should cause concern or at least interest or curiosity.....fact is most people don't give a shit unless they believe the influence will impact them. No doubt the Palestinians and Israelis are very interested in Jewish interests in American politics as well as the Christian Zionists neo Nazis and various anti globalist conspiracy theorists. A more interesting question is who has the least political influence and why?

N0DD Level 7 Nov 17, 2020

We should use Zionists instead of Jew because not all Jews (by birth) are Zionists! But Zionists want control(and have it!]. It’s very FISHY that you get banned for criticizing Israel. Very fishy! It’s the elephant in the room.
I got banned from here for criticizing Israel!! But I appreciate the new policy here.
The Jews make themselves look fishy. I mean, does it mean you are racist if you criticize an African National policy?

the problem is I am convinced that the old 2% of US population is totally bogus. I think it is much higher, not that it would change my opinion.

Could be. Could also be that many are now more secular than before... unknown what that means as well...

The left always looks over 1 thing. If not for prejudice, the world would never progress and no civilization.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 147

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top