slug.com slug.com
1 2

Matthew 24:31
"And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

This verse is being made a reference by many pastors to "prove" that the Rapture of the Gentile Church occurs at the end of the Great Tribulation. They forget that the Lord's audience in Matt 24 are Jews ("let them who are in Judea flee to the mountains" and "pray that your flight... be not on the Sabbath " ). And they forget that prior to the rejection of the religious leaders of His miraculous works as that of "Belzeebub", the Lord was ministering to the Jews exclusively, "to confirm the promises made unto the fathers".

Romans 15:8
"Now I say that Jesus Christ WAS A MINISTER OF THE CIRCUMCISION FOR THE TRUTH OF GOD , to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:"

Matthew 10:5-6
"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

And who are these elect talked about in Matt 24:31? These shall be none else but the 144,000 witnesses and the Gentiles that received their message of salvation DURING the Great Tribulation (Rev. 7:3-9). The timeline in Matt 24 dovetails with that of Rev 7:3-9, doesn't it?

Revelation 7:3-4,9
"Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel [...] After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands."

With all due respect, those who outright dismiss the act of making distinctions, which is the "rightly dividing the word of truth", are in reality denying an actual passage in scripture (2Tim 2:15) that actually mandates us to do so and denying themselves from getting a much better understanding of God's prophetic plan.

eschatologyguy 9 Jan 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am sola scriptura, as I see you doing somewhat. But Matt 24:31 is what it says, which are the elect from one end of heaven to the other.
I see the 144,000 as quite different.

God has both elect and enemies throughout the heavens, that's why it's such a big thing. This earth is a small part of that.

We just can't say this equals that when there's not enough evidence for that.

What I find perplexing(lots!) is Matt. 24 saying 'the great sound of a trumpets and Paul's account of 'the last trump' which seems to be
the last of the trumpets, so I can't tell 'the time' but I haven't yet studied it well.

My reasoning is, since Matt 24 is in a Tribulation setting being addressed to Jews (telling them what to expect) and not to Gentiles, then Matt 24:31 must also involve the same. And the 144,000 is the only Jewish group that gets to be gathered during the Tribulation. The 144,000 are sent out as witnesses during the Tribulation, and then are gathered also during the Tribulation. What we see next in Rev is that they are already in the throne room of heaven (together with their very bountiful harvest of Tribulation saints "from every tribe, nation and tongue" ). So their gathering not only fits into Matt 24:31 prophecy, they are the only one that perfectly fits it. "Elect" doesn't mean just the Gentile church, it means the selected, whether Jew (Isaiah 45:4) or Gentile. The 144,000 are sent out because the Church is no longer here by that time. After Verses 2 and 3 of Rev (the erstwhile current "what is" outline part of Rev 1:19) , there is no longer any mention of the Church still on the earth.

The differences in the trumpet descriptions between that in Rev and that of Paul's just reinforces the idea that both gathering events are not the same. The one in Paul's being the "last trump" for that event does not necessarily link it to the trumpet blasts in the one for Rev. It is "last trump" because there is a prior trumpet blast for the Resurrection that precedes the one for the Rapture of the Church.

If you notice, there are trumpets that "talk" to John in Rev 1:10 and 4:1. Dr. Missler suspects that the trumpet blast for our Rapture will be heard by us as one calling out our individual names, that it will be a very personal "(your name), come forth!"

Recent Visitors 8

Photos 116 More

Posted by eschatologyguy Warning: Rather dark content.

Posted by WeltansichtPsalm 122:6 Tehillim 122:6

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by eschatologyguy A Likely Scenario (based on many prophetic passages) The Left never sleeps and they never stop plotting utterly sick, perverse evil.

Posted by eschatologyguyA covenant in a generic sense is a peace agreement.

Posted by eschatologyguy The idea or concept of being allowed to escape the coming tribulation was already prophesied back in Job and Psalms and the prophets.

Posted by WeltansichtAhh, to be as children ;-)

Posted by WeltansichtFrom Jerusalem Hashem bless all of us with a wonderful, healthy, sweet, and productive New Year… A year of peace.

Posted by WeltansichtThe rabbi has not done a live FB session in a long long time, so it must be insightfully important. 8 PM EASTERN His page: [facebook.com]

Posted by eschatologyguyI have a high respect for these two guys, but the more they shoehorn Russia in as the endtime bogeyman and claiming it to be "prophetic," the more incredible they sound.

Posted by WeltansichtNot sure if it is prophetical, but there are ways to support Israel, despite the globalists' apartheid boycott divestment and sanctions movement. [levhaolam.com]

Posted by eschatologyguy Most Troy Black's "prophecies" missed the mark. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got his revelations from. Careful with "internet prophets."

Posted by eschatologyguy The Philippine Department of Education just opened the door to let the LGBT ideological insanity in. Clueless leaders being clueless. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by WeltansichtBehold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of ...

Posted by eschatologyguy One world government has its appeal with science buffs who are told by popular physicists like Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others that this would be a necessary development to allow a ...

• Top tags#video #god #Israel #Bible #world #ChuckMissler #church #Jesus #Christians #earth #faith #Christian #biden #iran #Rapture #nation #book #truth #hope #evil #government #pastor #reason #military #Islam #media #China #money #children #nuclear #USA #hell #sin #EndTimeProphecy #youtube #ancient #teachers #death #Jerusalem #holy #evidence #democrats #Satan #TheTruth #population #spirit #verses #fear #Canada #MiddleEast ...

Members 139Top

Moderators