slug.com slug.com
4 1

Return of The Nephilim - Chuck Missler

toronto_Georgia 8 May 1
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think I had ever taken time to watch any of Missler's videos until I began to see them posted here. Although he can be quite interesting and sometimes offers helpful insights, I find that I encounter a somewhat consistent misuse of Hebrew or Greek lexical or grammatical information, together with a tendency to speculate more than I would be comfortable doing. This is occasionally accompanied by a statement along the lines of, "most scholars miss this," or "most translations fail to see this," which should put up at least a potential red flag in one's mind. Rather than go into detail, however, which would take more time than I want to devote to it right now, I will simply say that, overall, he's just not my cup of tea.

I will also add that I am not sure why he hasn't found more seminary graduates who are familiar with the fallen angels interpretation of the "sons of God" in Genesis 6. Although I don't doubt his experience, I have to wonder what group he has been a part of -- and hence, perhaps, what seminaries they have gone to -- since I don't think I have ever met a seminary trained guy who has not known about this interpretation. In my own seminary training, I was actually presented with three potential views, each of which is considered to be within the bounds of orthodoxy. As it happens, they are the same three views found in the notes of the ESV Study Bible:

This problem is exacerbated by the coming together of the sons of God and the daughters of man (6:2). The identity of both groups is uncertain, and various solutions have been advocated, although none has gained universal support. Various scholars have proposed that the "sons of God" are (1) fallen angels (cf. Job 1:6; some, however, suggest that this contradicts Mark 12:25, though the reference in Mark is to angels in heaven; see also 2 Pet. 2:4-5; Jude 5-6); or (2) tyrannical human judges or kings (in the ungodly line of Lamech, possibly demon-possessed); or (3) followers of God among the male descendants of Seth (i.e., the godly line of Seth, but who married the ungodly daughters of Cain). Though it would be difficult to determine which of these three views may be correct, it is clear that the kind of relationship described here involved some form of grievous sexual perversion, wherein the "sons of God" saw and with impunity took any women ("daughters of man" ) that they wanted. The sequence here in Gen. 6:2 ("saw . . . attractive [good] . . . took" ) parallels the sequence of the fall in 3:6 ("saw . . . good . . . took" ). In both cases, something good in God's creation is used in disobedience and sinful rebellion against God, with tragic consequences. Only Noah stands apart from this sin. (See note on 1 Pet. 3:19.) (BibleWorks)

These would be the three most notable views. In the Reformed Baptist circles I am a part of, one prominent pastor -- Doug Van Dorn -- has written a book in defense of the fallen angels view entitled Giants: Sons of the Gods. This view and the Sethite view are the two common ones I have encountered in my own circles.

The Sethite view would not explain why God wanted the Israelites to wipe out certain tribes - man, woman and child - In Canaan. I mean, why kill the children also? But the angel view would.

Hurdles to the Sethite View of Genesis 6 - Chuck Missler

@eschatologyguy He brought that up in the first video, but that perspective isn't necessarily a part of the traditional fallen angels view as I understand it. It is also just more conjecture, which appears to assume, without sufficient warrant to my mind, that all the Canaanites were of the Nephilim (perhaps based on Num. 13:13). I won't bother getting into what I perceive to be his misstatement of the Sethite view. Neither view, in my opinion, is entirely without its problems.

I believe that the current discussions about the "return" of the Nephilim that we see all over the internet is because of a phrase taken out of what the Lord said regarding the end time Great Tribulation "as in the days of Noah". The great flood came to kill them off. David killed one. Meaning, they are mortal and can be killed. If they return, it must be as disembodied spirits (many theologians theorize that demons are the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim). Personally, I don't think there will be a repeat of Genesis 6, nor will there be hulking giants during the GT, and I base it on Daniel 2:43

"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: (which would mean that "they" - whatever the "they" may be - are NOT the seed of men) but they shall NOT cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

I think what Chuck is driving at in this video is, how do you explain all these UFO sightings from a biblical standpoint? Having seen these on two separate occasions myself, I have an inclination to link them to some coming deception, which would probably be a claim of "mass abductions" to explain away the "disappeared" right after the Rapture or Harpazo. But I'm not being dogmatic about it. I guess we will finally know when it's time for us to know.

As for the Lord's Second Coming, its "when" is well-documented in the bible, and it is "IMMEDIATELY AFTER the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened..." In short, the Lord's Second Coming cannot happen today, and that's according to the bible.

Those who expect that the Rapture and the Second Coming are the same event will have a problem with Amos 5:18

"WOE unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light."

What is not for us to know is the when Christ comes to take His bride, the Church, out of here. Which is clearly NOT the same event as the Day of the LORD.

Well crafted, but the connection of UFOs to the Nephalim is weak. If they are Earthbound, how are they interdimensional?

Also, I take seriously Jesus’ warning that no man will know the time of His return.

I found that connection kind of weird as well.

He comes when he comes, but sure seem to be many who are very concerned that prophesies are being fulfilled. Never hurts to be vigilant.

Many bound to be thinking about the end times, these days.

sqeptiq Level 10 May 1, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 116 More

Posted by eschatologyguy Warning: Rather dark content.

Posted by WeltansichtPsalm 122:6 Tehillim 122:6

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by eschatologyguy A Likely Scenario (based on many prophetic passages) The Left never sleeps and they never stop plotting utterly sick, perverse evil.

Posted by eschatologyguyA covenant in a generic sense is a peace agreement.

Posted by eschatologyguy The idea or concept of being allowed to escape the coming tribulation was already prophesied back in Job and Psalms and the prophets.

Posted by WeltansichtAhh, to be as children ;-)

Posted by WeltansichtFrom Jerusalem Hashem bless all of us with a wonderful, healthy, sweet, and productive New Year… A year of peace.

Posted by WeltansichtThe rabbi has not done a live FB session in a long long time, so it must be insightfully important. 8 PM EASTERN His page: [facebook.com]

Posted by eschatologyguyI have a high respect for these two guys, but the more they shoehorn Russia in as the endtime bogeyman and claiming it to be "prophetic," the more incredible they sound.

Posted by WeltansichtNot sure if it is prophetical, but there are ways to support Israel, despite the globalists' apartheid boycott divestment and sanctions movement. [levhaolam.com]

Posted by eschatologyguy Most Troy Black's "prophecies" missed the mark. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got his revelations from. Careful with "internet prophets."

Posted by eschatologyguy The Philippine Department of Education just opened the door to let the LGBT ideological insanity in. Clueless leaders being clueless. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by WeltansichtBehold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of ...

Posted by eschatologyguy One world government has its appeal with science buffs who are told by popular physicists like Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others that this would be a necessary development to allow a ...

• Top tags#video #god #Israel #Bible #world #ChuckMissler #church #Jesus #Christians #earth #faith #Christian #biden #iran #Rapture #nation #book #truth #hope #evil #government #pastor #reason #military #Islam #media #China #money #children #nuclear #USA #hell #sin #EndTimeProphecy #youtube #ancient #teachers #death #Jerusalem #holy #evidence #democrats #Satan #TheTruth #population #spirit #verses #fear #Canada #MiddleEast ...

Members 139Top

Moderators