slug.com slug.com
1 1

If you're a Calvinist, and you come across any of my posts like this one, please do not think that I am attacking you personally, because I'm not. Nor am I putting into question the Christian distinctives of your faith (God forbid!) like the Gospel as Paul describes it in 1Cor 15:3-4. What I am trying to do is open your eyes to Calvinistic distintinctives, which are Gnostic in origin. Take this picture below, which contains an actual quote that he said. In your heart of hearts, can you even agree with that? Seriously? Beyond The Fundamentals is really doing a good job in clearing the cobwebs from Calvinistic proof texts and letting the text simply say what it's contextually saying. I encourage you to check their YouTube videos out.

But isn't Calvinism harmless, you may ask? Think about what it teaches. It teaches that God misrepresents Himself, that He is the source of evil as well as good, and that He has already chosen whom to save and whom to damn. This makes the God of the bible and the Christian message, as Calvinism depicts them, repulsive to people and makes it super easy for Christians to leave the faith. Harmless?

Let me put it another way: If the Church fathers earlier to, or ahead of, Augustin were strongly contending against the teachings of Gnostism which was trying to infiltrate the Church, how come Augustin and those who followed his teachings stopped doing so? Did this heresy just disappear? Or already privily imbedded into church doctrine? Whereas the earlier versions of Gnosticism denied the deity of Christ (that He was just a demiurge) and denied His coming in the flesh (He was supposedly just a "phantom" and not real flesh), these have been modified to be more palatable to Christians. The Gnostic distinctives that remain are the pagan fatalism of personal fate and that all flesh is evil (as opposed to all spirit is good, which makes Satan what?). The latter became the T in tulip, and from this distinctive cascades all the other "doctrines" that protect this Gnostic distinctive. And if you don't believe it, "you don't believe in the sovereignty of God," you are a "will-worshipping semi-Pelagian," an "Armenian," an "open theist," a "universalist" and an "arrogant devil." All to distract you from referring to what the bible actually says about these matters. Much like Leftists blurt out "racist," "misogynist," "bigot," etc when you do not agree with them.

This neo-Gnostic distinctive of "total depravity" is the little leaven that leavens the whole lump. It is where God, in Calvinist teaching, starts to have two wills and begins to be the source of everything, including all that is evil in the world ("everything that comes to pass" ). If Augustin and Calvin were wrong about infant baptism (among other things), then it follows that you should not make either one your infallible pope and you outsourcing your sense-making to them.

eschatologyguy 9 Feb 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Scripture is the answer, always. No human except Jesus should be the source of divine guidance.

Focus on Scripture, not the wrongs of others. We humans can not fix anything. Doing our best to emulate Christ in gratitude, and following Scripture fixes everything through God, and only through God.

You are right, scripture is the answer. And with that is scriptural AUTHORITY. Not human philosophy subordinating scripture. Not cherry-picking verses and interpreting them outside of their context and through the lens of human philosophy.

Revelation 2:15
"So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, WHICH THING I HATE."

These are the Lord's own words. And the doctrine of the Nicolaitans? That which attributes to God as being the source of everything, including evil thoughts and deeds, "everything that comes to pass." The Nicolaitans held this one Gnostic distinctive of fatalism of personal fate. Miticulous determinism is a pagan version of the sovereignty of God. To the Nicolaitans, the Lord says:

Revelation 2:16
"Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth."

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 116 More

Posted by eschatologyguy Warning: Rather dark content.

Posted by WeltansichtPsalm 122:6 Tehillim 122:6

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by eschatologyguy A Likely Scenario (based on many prophetic passages) The Left never sleeps and they never stop plotting utterly sick, perverse evil.

Posted by eschatologyguyA covenant in a generic sense is a peace agreement.

Posted by eschatologyguy The idea or concept of being allowed to escape the coming tribulation was already prophesied back in Job and Psalms and the prophets.

Posted by WeltansichtAhh, to be as children ;-)

Posted by WeltansichtFrom Jerusalem Hashem bless all of us with a wonderful, healthy, sweet, and productive New Year… A year of peace.

Posted by WeltansichtThe rabbi has not done a live FB session in a long long time, so it must be insightfully important. 8 PM EASTERN His page: [facebook.com]

Posted by eschatologyguyI have a high respect for these two guys, but the more they shoehorn Russia in as the endtime bogeyman and claiming it to be "prophetic," the more incredible they sound.

Posted by WeltansichtNot sure if it is prophetical, but there are ways to support Israel, despite the globalists' apartheid boycott divestment and sanctions movement. [levhaolam.com]

Posted by eschatologyguy Most Troy Black's "prophecies" missed the mark. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got his revelations from. Careful with "internet prophets."

Posted by eschatologyguy The Philippine Department of Education just opened the door to let the LGBT ideological insanity in. Clueless leaders being clueless. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by WeltansichtBehold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of ...

Posted by eschatologyguy One world government has its appeal with science buffs who are told by popular physicists like Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others that this would be a necessary development to allow a ...

• Top tags#video #god #Israel #Bible #world #ChuckMissler #church #Jesus #Christians #earth #faith #Christian #biden #iran #Rapture #nation #book #truth #hope #evil #government #pastor #reason #military #Islam #media #China #money #children #nuclear #USA #hell #sin #EndTimeProphecy #youtube #ancient #teachers #death #Jerusalem #holy #evidence #democrats #Satan #TheTruth #population #spirit #verses #fear #Canada #MiddleEast ...

Members 139Top

Moderators