slug.com slug.com
1 2

“One who is slack in his work is a brother to the destroyer.”
Proverbs 18:9

A friend of mine recently shared with me how disappointed he was that when he publicly announced a great opportunity, that so many claim they wanted, how so few actually responded. I responded to him with a statement from the Christian Bible, “many are called, but few are chosen.”

It seems that many claim that they want something, but when it comes down to getting to work to acquire it, so few actually pick up the burden and run with it. Many hear the call, but so few respond to it. Rather than be disappointed, I told him, this is just the way it is. Many people talk, few people act, even fewer make the required efforts needed to succeed. And we wonder why the number of righteous dwindle.

When people are called upon to act for this or that cause, those who take up action often do so only at the most superficial of levels. Yet, when it comes down to the real transformational changes that one needs to really make a difference in one's life, so very few make the necessary sacrifices.

It is easy to talk a good game, it is harder to play one. It is even harder to realize that what I am speaking about is no game. It is real life, and the realist of realities.

What our mission is goes far beyond whatever superficial and platonic differences that we are all so convinced divide us fundamentally. Yet, the reality is, we are all in the same boat and we are all subject to the same storm. What affects one affects all, and thus one can have an influence over all. All one has to do is to become strong enough to be an influence instead of being one of the many who are influenced.

Whether or not we human beings unleash our extraordinary inner reserves of power depends a lot on how we live our lives. Essentially, if we live right, we can unleash unlimited innate human powers. However, if we chose to live wrong, we end up stifling our inner powers and suppress them.

When we do not unleash our innate, inner powers and use them for our own personal betterment, others more sinister come along to manipulate us, to gain access to our inner powers and to extract them, exploit them and use them against us for their own nefarious purposes.

Rightly then did King Solomon (Proverbs 18:9) say, “One who is slack in his work is a brother to the destroyer.” When we do not work for our own betterment, we essentially surrender to a force that works for our harm. This is why complacent people never see their lives get any better.

Only those who make constant effort see constant results. Once we tire from the effort, we lose our edge. If we do not make the extra efforts to renew our edge, then we continue slipping down a precipice that takes us into the depths of depravity, depression, and slavery. Society today is just about to hit the bottom of this downward spiral. And when it hits, it will be with a big, destructive bang!

It may be the Will of God to tear down our present corrupt society so that a better one can be built to take its place. Yet, with the fall of one thing, nothing good comes out of it for a long time.

If our present society collapses under the growing strain of divisions and unrest, then we can be assured that what will follow for a number of years will not be anything other than apocalyptic.

Yes, in the end, good will arise, but the rise of good takes a long time, and in the meantime, the worst of evils, worse than anything at present, will reign supreme.

There never really is an “end of days.” Days and time will continue to march on. Yet, there is no promise that things, the way they are now, will continue.

Every great society that has ever arisen has eventually collapsed, and usually in a ball of flames. Yet, life does go on. Life goes on differently, but it does go on.

There are those who can embrace the future and live. Then, there are those who will cling on to the past and “go down with the sinking ship.”

Unfortunately, the majority are destined to sink and to drown. This is because although they may have heard the call to live and leave, they instead chose to be complacent and to stay put.

“One who is slack in his work is a brother to the destroyer.” Many are called, but few chose to heed the call and do what is required of them to live and leave, they instead chose to be complacent and stay put.

This is why that today, most people are like the walking dead. Their bodies may be alive, but their souls are dead. God does not want a world full of mental zombies.

When this occurs, He simply manipulates the world body politic and arranges for humanity to cleanse itself. The zombies are removed and the remainders are reminded what it means to be human, to fight and safeguard one's life, liberty, and pursuits of happiness.

One who is slack in his work instead of doing nothing is actually being destructive. Everything in the universe is in a constant state of movement. Every molecule in our bodies is in constant movement. Every thought in our minds is in constant movement. When we do not move in the ways ordained for us by Heaven, we slack in the work allotted to us by God.

Slacking in the work creates turbulence. It is this turbulence that we create that when it gets big enough, ends up destroying us. We create our own destroyer. The lack of successful work in our hands is what, in the end, does us in. God does not destroy us. We do a good enough job of doing this ourselves.

Individual self-betterment is our highest obligation and responsibility as human beings. Our differences, be they as they may, must become secondary, so that the greater good, which unites us, can indeed bring us together to serve the higher cause of God.

Everyone has their problems and their distractions. These will put you to sleep and lay you in an early grave. If that is your choice, then continue as you are and remain asleep. But for the rest, the sleepers must awaken.

Talk is cheap. Only actions speak. What are you doing? Are you slack in your work or are you diligent. The results will be telling. Either you are a child of God or a brother to the destroyer. What you do chooses for you.

VISIONS OF THE END OF DAYS
[amazon.com]

Weltansicht 8 May 1
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There never really is an “end of days.” Days and time will continue to march on. Yet, there is no promise that things, the way they are now, will continue.

Not until everything has served its purpose, and that might be a long time still. I'm sure you are aware "end of days" may also be construed as "end of the age." There is this "obscure" (not often discussed) passage in Jeremiah 31:35-36 where God sets the condition for giving up on His oath with Israel:

"Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, THEN the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever."

Paul gives a hint for the reason of this in Romans 11:29. The only way Israel ceases to be a nation forever is for ALL nations to cease to exist. You may not pick up on this now, but God chastises whom He loves. All of these bad things being allowed to run its course is to draw Israel to Himself (ref Micah 5:3, Hosea 5:15). Daniel 9:24 is nearing completion.

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

I do not doubt that one bit. But why did Peter write this in 2Peter 3:10?

"...in which heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

I suspect it is because God had also made an oath to the Watchers before they rebelled, and their rebellion is not going to stop. And that it needs to. One day.

interesting take viewpoint of yours, reminds me of Isaiah 40:10-18

verse 20 ~ He that is so impoverished that he hath no oblation chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh unto him a cunning workman to prepare a graven image, that shall not be moved.

and Jeremiah 31:31-37 came to mind when you had the Heard Around Slug post sharing about satellites mapping the ocean floor

of course the whole End of Days scenario shapes up to a "releasing of the hounds" perspective, and the acknowledgement of the Watchers surmises the spiritual war manifesting in this physical environment.

Leading to the arm of G-D being revealed, being a descendant of the House of David, born & appearing out of the midst of the Children of Israel, with the clarity of mind & power to fight like G-D against the marshalled forces of the ungodly of the earth's one world system.

@Weltansicht I don't know what the rabbis teach, but I believe that the phrase "arm of the Lord" refers to the Messiah. And if Daniel 9:25 is taken literally, it means it took 69 weeks of years (483 Jewish years, or 173,880 days) from the decree of king Artaxerxes on March 14, 445BC for the Jews in Babylon to go home and rebuild the city, terminating at April 6, 32AD, the day Messiah rode a donkey into Jerusalem, just like David did. Now if you take Hosea 6:1-2 literally, and take Aug 6, 70AD (the day the 2nd temple came crashing down) as the day of the "smiting" in the Hosea passage, you will arrive at the date of what I like to call the Great Reconciliation of Israel with Messiah, the day Zach 12:10b happens.

with the clarity of mind & power to fight like G-D against the marshalled forces of the ungodly and Zach 9:9 are not talking about two different Persons. That's why we have Hosea 5:15 ("I will go and return to My place" ) and Micah 5:3 ("Therefore will He give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of His brethren shall return unto the children of Israel." ).

@eschatologyguy we go at it from that Messiah - Moshiach for us generally, is a human being, not even aware of his potential, due to the free will choices allowed upon humanity

our take is that in every generation there is at least one potential candidate for the redemption Jeremiah 33:17 that 'arm of the Lord' is from the view of Zechariah 12:8 and the infirm will rise up and be able to fight like the king

I prefer not to use lord ~ ba'al lord of lords ~ ba'al baalim as in the battle of Elijah vs the prophets of Ba'al 1 Kings 18
[jewishencyclopedia.com]

@Weltansicht

we go at it from that Messiah - Moshiach for us generally, is a human being

I understand that, too. Just as the pattern given in Esther, the Redeemer needed to be a kinsman. He is a human being in that He was born of a woman from the tribe of Judah and from the line of David, and grew up from baby to manhood. Yet His existence did not start when He was born. As Micah 5:2 says, He was "of old, from everlasting."

Most of us (Christians included) grew up in homes where we were taught what to believe, without being given the method by which we came to that belief. The axioms we carry about with us actually prevent us from getting and considering new information that we encounter. That is why I'm an axiomatic minimalist. I only have three with regard to my faith which are (1) God exists, (2) God cannot lie, and (3) scripture is from God and is therefore reliable and true. All the other beliefs I have come to hold would therefore simply be derivatives from these 3 axioms. This helps us to inductively study scripture with fresh eyes without having existing "pre-chewed" doctrines and dogma getting in the way of learning what God has for us the learn from His word. Like the reason why the Sanhedrin had Him put to death was because He said they would see Him come in the clouds with great glory. That's not any ordinary Jewish guy right there, much less an ordinary human being. The Sanhedrin knew what that was all about, and had Him crucified by the Romans for blasphemy.

Pushing aside what we've been taught to believe and using the inductive method, you will be having fresh insights on such passages as Isaiah 53, Isaiah 9:6-7, Isaiah 48:16, Zachariah 12:10, and hundreds of others.

Yeshua is your kinsman, and in Eph 2 Paul says we Gentile believers are just being grafted into the commonwealth of Israel (still future). Yeshua read Isaiah 61:1-2 in Luke 4:18-19 in a synagogue in Nazareth, but cut the second verse short in the middle. The second half of Isaiah 61:2 will be for another time, and that time is not long in coming now. The first century rabbis missed the message of Daniel 9:25. Now would be a good time to use the inductive method to study Hosea 6:1-2. Like Daniel 9:25, Hosea 6:1-2 gives you a date.

Recent Visitors 3

Photos 116 More

Posted by eschatologyguy Warning: Rather dark content.

Posted by WeltansichtPsalm 122:6 Tehillim 122:6

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by eschatologyguy A Likely Scenario (based on many prophetic passages) The Left never sleeps and they never stop plotting utterly sick, perverse evil.

Posted by eschatologyguyA covenant in a generic sense is a peace agreement.

Posted by eschatologyguy The idea or concept of being allowed to escape the coming tribulation was already prophesied back in Job and Psalms and the prophets.

Posted by WeltansichtAhh, to be as children ;-)

Posted by WeltansichtFrom Jerusalem Hashem bless all of us with a wonderful, healthy, sweet, and productive New Year… A year of peace.

Posted by WeltansichtThe rabbi has not done a live FB session in a long long time, so it must be insightfully important. 8 PM EASTERN His page: [facebook.com]

Posted by eschatologyguyI have a high respect for these two guys, but the more they shoehorn Russia in as the endtime bogeyman and claiming it to be "prophetic," the more incredible they sound.

Posted by WeltansichtNot sure if it is prophetical, but there are ways to support Israel, despite the globalists' apartheid boycott divestment and sanctions movement. [levhaolam.com]

Posted by eschatologyguy Most Troy Black's "prophecies" missed the mark. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got his revelations from. Careful with "internet prophets."

Posted by eschatologyguy The Philippine Department of Education just opened the door to let the LGBT ideological insanity in. Clueless leaders being clueless. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by WeltansichtBehold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of ...

Posted by eschatologyguy One world government has its appeal with science buffs who are told by popular physicists like Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others that this would be a necessary development to allow a ...

• Top tags#video #god #Israel #Bible #world #ChuckMissler #church #Jesus #Christians #earth #faith #Christian #biden #iran #Rapture #nation #book #truth #hope #evil #government #pastor #reason #military #Islam #media #China #money #children #nuclear #USA #hell #sin #EndTimeProphecy #youtube #ancient #teachers #death #Jerusalem #holy #evidence #democrats #Satan #TheTruth #population #spirit #verses #fear #Canada #MiddleEast ...

Members 139Top

Moderators