slug.com slug.com
10 8

Black Lives Matter vs Blexit
Both CAN and I'm sure DO help black America, but have VERY different ways of going about it. Which do you prefer? What do you think about each organization?

Watch the video here :

ariellescarcella 7 July 5
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I prefer blexit, BLM isn’t what they claim to be, Blexit actually cares about black lives and doesn’t use them for profit to fund democrats. BLM has mob mentality and doesn’t promote good behavior. Sorry if that offended anyone that’s just my personal belief and they also are only active right before elections at least publicly

BLM has traveled the world over. Even I notice people don't dare bring up certain topics around me. And I get it. They're afraid that if they don't say the exact right thing, I will go off on some racism-themed tirade. Or worse. Equally on the other side of the coin, I'm ostracized as "race-traitor" if not agreeing with BLM methods. Only if you agree and deploy their methods, are you truly "for" the cause... Peaceful people not needed.

BLM has opened the door for not only black people to gatekeep who can and cannot speak depending on light or darkskinned they are exactly, but now everyone and their mother apparently has authority to be revoking black-cards all together depending on your political beliefs?

And here I was, thinking that the colour of my skin should not dictate who I am, what I think, or how I'm treated.

Not to mention BLM keeps the right to protest when others can't, it fosters bitterness and discontent and rightfully so. It doesn't feel like they wanna come together, if feels like they wanna be separate and superior. It's unsustainable. It doesn't look like anything but willful escalation.

Who are they helping?

I just joined here cuz this video, well lets say "triggered" me in a very specific way. And that was a small note of abortions of black people being a bad thing. I mean... Should only whites have the choice? Or is it the problem that with less kids some black women might make it out of the poverty cycle and we don't want that? And how can you agree that abortion services are a bad thing.

Respectfully, I don't think that's what was said. I think they were expressing the worrisome nature of how and why unwanted pregnancies are so much more prevalent in some area's than others. Why it seems like certain groups are almost encouraged not to procreate.

There's history behind why these clinics sprouted first in certain area's and why they continue to be most prevalent there. In the video they mentioned that in some area's, more black babies were aborted than born - there are racist people in this world who see this as a positive, to decrease the black population all together. Until there are none left. Depopulation has been used against many minority groups in different forms, trying to "get rid" of them eventually (e.g. forced sterilization of Uighur women in China was in the news just this week). For some people it may look as if these clinics just found an easier way than to do it by force; convince the women to do it themselves. Prevent the people from forming families, building communities, having people to fall back on when they stand up for something.

Because the problem is not the baby, the problem is the circumstances that made the baby unwanted. Sometimes it's the sins of their father that kills them, that he raped the woman. Sometimes it's financial issues. Maybe we should start empowering those women in ways that they can become financially independent and successful. And put more responsibility on men to not rape. Abortions don't increase the chances of getting a good job, more than using appropriate anti-conception would have done the job.

In fact, more than once now I've seen men act casual about rape because "she can just get an abortion". More than once I've seen people be very inconsiderate of rape victims, claiming that since they didn't abort it the rape wasn't so very bad after all. As if abortion is easily done and harmless to boot. Like a condom would be. But the men involved would never volunteer to put a condom on, themselves. They're too good for that, but they find that women are just right to get surgical procedures done to clean up their mess. Maybe just arranging for more abortions isn't a long-term solution in empowering black women.

I worry about the women having the abortions. Abortions are harmful for their bodies, and repeated abortions can make a woman infertile. Unwanted pregnancies happen, but when they are more prevalent in some groups than others it makes me worry that perhaps there is a bigger rape problem in that group, for example. Or that they are somehow being convinced that their bodies are "simply" vessels which can be filled and emptied at will. That conception and pregnancy is not worth noting. It's a very objectifying way to look at themselves, in my opinion. I think that if men had the superpower to grow and birth babies, they would not be so quick to be convinced or to exclaim that it's actually not impressive and what they produce are just meaningless clumps of bloody tissue. Pretty sure they'd be rubbing it in our faces.

I didn't hear in the video that they agreed that "abortion services are a bad thing", maybe I missed it. I would agree that abortion services can be an important tool in a woman's independence, as it's true that there are places where women are bound down exactly by those kinds of tactics. But also, the overuse of abortions completely disregards male responsibility in causing these abortions (if they did not rape and used protection in consensual sex, there would be no abortion) and the woman's view on herself (that an abortion is meaningless and harmless and a reasonable pay-off for some unprotected penetrative sex which we all know cannot satisfy most of us, while actually those abortions are much more harmful to us women and our babies both physically and mentally by a long shot). It worries me that so many women prefer having surgical procedures all by themselves, rather than request equal cooperation in sexual responsibility from the males. Do they view themselves as equal, carrying the pleasures and the burdens of it all together? Or do they already know the men don't care enough so, this way will do too. I've even been told "don't be a prude".

Abortion makes rape a "lesser" crime in the minds of many men and even in the minds of many women. I am still confused as to why the responsibility of anti-conception lies nearly solely with the woman, anyway. Especially considering how painful and invasive many methods are compared to the condom. And why so many men feel that using condoms themselves would somehow emasculate them. It seems that they take more pride and pleasure in conception (or at least, being the cause of conception) than women are. That they get to enjoy their worth as a man in such a manner, but women don't. I guess that's easy if they can literally walk away the next morning and never think about it again.

Abortion was supposed to be a tool for women to save themselves from a desperate situation, it is not anti-conception. And women don't conceive little pieces of trash (as some clinics make it seem by literally throwing the remains in trashcans afterwards). Women are more special than that, so are our wombs and babies. They should be loved more than they are now. In my opinion.

@Fragment31 You're responding solely to abortions that follow rape, which of course is a problem, but please lets not pretend that we actually live in a rape culture. Because rape is a crime and it's prosecuted. Mere accusation of rape can destroy a man even if did no such thing. And you're shifting all blame on men. But considering that most rapes that happen (sorry don't know exact numbers) are more opportunistic than planned, I think that women should carry some responsibility and I'm not talking about dressing provocatively, rather the attitude. If you act like a victim you are more likely to become a victim.
I fully agree that sexual education and free condom access would do wonders for pretty much everybody. But regardless of all the factors every single abortion clinic is complete win, because it still offers the last resort. And frankly black people are not in danger of dying out considering they're the 3rd largest demographic worldwide.
Conclusion, yes do offer education to both men and women, (preferably without first checking for their skin tone to match the desired shade). Don't blame a gender for the actions of a very small percentage of them (or if you do don't attack people who call muslims terrorists) and in the end of the day, abortion clinics are like any other business, they go where they're wanted and in this case they actually provide a much needed service, honestly it'd be much better to just go protest McDonalds they don't do anything positive.

@SoloBrez

If you think I am saying "we" live in a rape culture, I am fairly certain we are nowhere near each other and do not share the same culture so that's certainly not what I said. Mentioning facts about rape also does not make a rape-culture-accusation. Also, whether or not men feel bad about it does not change the fact that they themselves largely make up the numbers.

This is much like not daring to accuse terrorists of killing many people, because the accusation is so horrible. The accusation is not worse than the fact.

If you think that I am responding solely to rape related abortions, then you did not read/understand my post (fully). Please do so.

It was about the general view women have gotten of their bodies, also. That there are women who opt for surgical abortion rather than demanding the male wear a condom, because their own bodily safety and health is inferior to the males sexual pleasure. Additionally, I also mentioned that making abortion "cheap and plentiful" and encouraging it as a form of "anti-conception" (when it literally is only applicable after conception) actually creates a more dangerous and punishing environment for women in general, ánd for victims of rape after the fact.

Women cannot forever stay the "oldest " in context to men, always making allowances for they know not what they do. We are not men's collective mothers.

Weirdly, the most shocking part you never addressed - that it's already been known that depopulation of minority groups has been applied in the past. Perhaps give it some thought that it would be harmful for the black community if it were to shrink and shrink until there are actually no black people left. That actually, overloading black area's with abortion clinics could very well be motivated by racism. More-so than women saying that the number of such clinics should be equal across the country, regardless of skin tone.

Also, most rapes are not opportunistic. Most rapes are within the victims own circle, for example their own boyfriend, father, other male family, family friends or friends of their own, colleagues, teachers, religious leaders, etc. The mindset that the only "real" rape is stranger rape is actually an enormous burden on the majority of rape victims, who feel that they cannot speak out because they knew the perpetrator. It's another reason why some women struggle to come out with accusations - because they are accusing someone's son, someone's father, someone's brother, etc. They being ostracized from their own circle, because the people close to them cannot imagine that a "good man" would do such a thing. They are quickly seen as "attention seekers" and accused of themselves making false accusations.

I do not blame one gender solely, but in this context the rape cases that are relevant to what you brought up (abortion clinics) are the ones relating to abortion. In that exact context, it is fair to say that women are more likely to have a rape related abortion because they were raped by a man, than it is to say that those pregnancies that get aborted are caused by female on female rape. The argument that "women rape also" is disingenuous if you look at the numbers, and it's disingenuous in the context you've brought up.

And indeed, this education should be available to all regardless of their skin tone. Since you've said that, you perhaps also see that there may be underlying motivations to make these services much more available and encouraged in area's where the majority population is a certain skin color, rather than in other area's.

Finally... Women are allowed to say that rape-related abortions are generally committed from male unto female. Saying "women rape too!" feels like you're not fully understanding yet the violence and threat many other women find themselves in. I am happy to hear that you feel so egalitarian about it, however out of the many countries on this planet I think you'll find that the great majority of female rape victims will admit it was a male who did it.

I am actually doubly confused by your response. So if we exclude rape related abortions, what are the other reasons to abort? Didn't suit their timeline, their career? Don't feel like it? Changed their mind? Abortion became a thing out of necessity, but it seems to just be the fashionable choice now. Casually touting it as a solution for whenever you just don't wanna have a kid is actually supporting my point that it seems that women these days don't realize their own value, nor that of their offspring.

Like I said, if men had the superpower to conceive and birth babies I don't think they would let us convince them that it's nothing special at all and that all they conceived were inanimate blobs of curdled blood. I'm pretty sure they'd realize it's more than that, and rub it in our faces.

I have to start with this Candace Owens is a grifter. She's , hopefully well, to speak out against her own community in order to avoid charges of racism. Do not seek to work with her, you're smarter and have much more integrity than she does. She's who Fox News (and other right wing pseudo news outlets) will trot out whenever they want someone to talk about how inherently bad, dangerous, and whatever other stereotypes about black people. They can't have a white host or guest do that because that looks, and is, racist but if they have Candace Owens say that it's not racist because she's black. They'll get Ben Carson or Herman Cain if they want some variety. They're Fox News's black friend. See Owens' defense of the cops that murdered George Floyd as a more recent example. They do a similar thing with any other minority they want to bash. Dave Rubin for example does a similar grift but against the LGBT community.

Candace Owens also spoke in favor of Nazism and that the only problem with it was that Hitler wanted to conquer other countries and make them German too. The third reich was absolutely brutal to Jews and other undesired communities before the start of WW2 and that was something she was OK with. It wouldn't have taken until 39 for someone like you to have been stripped of many rights under the third reich. Giving one of her surrogates a platform like yours and not even remotely challenging her on this when discussing racial issues.

You both also miss the mark on what systemic racism both within the police force and america as a whole is. Systemic racism within the police force manifests in black people always matching the description of a suspect. A bald 5"7 black man would be seen as matching the description of a tall black man with an afro because he's a black man. Police would never stop you because they were told to look out for a 5" Caucasian woman with blonde hair because the only thing you have in common is "Caucasian woman". That is the reality a black man faces in America. On a whole black people are consistently perceived as bigger, stronger and more threatening than they actually are. That is systemic racism. Another example are the schools and military bases named after confederate officers as well as statues in their honor. Those were people who led the fight against America in order to maintain the right to own black people as property and there's a large segment of people that defend this. Robert E Lee was known to be particularly brutal towards his slaves but there's schools, statues, and a miliary base named in his honor. Finally it's also important to acknowledge that America was founded on the backs of slaves. Slaves fought in the American Revolution and most of the founding fathers owned slaves that they were brutal towards. Slavery was an institution in America for a long time after that and played a significant part in building America into the super power it is today and there's a large segment of people that feel that African Americans are not owed any reparations for that. That's systemic racism.

That story about her friend around the minute mark is either a complete lie, which given the grifter she works for may well be the case, or a complete non-sequitur. I have a very hard time believing that someone who lived a long time in Georgia outside of Atlanta didn't see several confederate flags over the course of their life. Anyone waving or displaying a confederate flag is saying they support what those people fought for which is to maintain the right to own black people as slaves. Those people are people that are longing for the days when they could've owned him as property. If somehow he managed to avoid all of that then it's at best a lucky break for him and not at all a counter to the idea that there is deep seeded systemic racism in America.

Also while your guest is to say otherwise there isn't a black exodus from the left in any meaningful fashion. Trump's approval rating among African Americans is in the single digits and has only gotten worse with how he's handled recent events. There might be a bump from the LGBTQ+ community as a result of the recent supreme court ruling about not being allowed to fire someone based on their sexuality but it is worth noting that Trump was very upset about that as were most conservatives.

Sorry for the essay but Candace Owens's grift is especially frustrating when it goes completely unchallenged.

I too struggled with the Candice Owens affiliation in this video. I am grateful for this space to sort through my thoughts on it without worry about being judged in the process.

I don't completely write off Candice but I have a lot of reservations. It is a combination of questioning her statistics and questioning her ideology. I think I get what she is trying to do which - I think - is empower the Black community. I THINK that is her intention so I can't fault her for that. But her approach feels at times very counter-productive. My most personal issue with Candice is how she treated Blaire on their debate. I would have a lot of trouble trusting her if she didn't step up and take accountability for what I saw as unnecessarily (as in, she didn't need it to make her points) insensitive behavior. I don't think Candice is a total pawn for the right but I can't say I'm comfortable supporting her at this point.

That said though, do I have to support her in order to support Blexit? Is Blexit bigger than she? I like what I've seen of Brandon Tatum who is the other face of Blexit. Does it have to be all or nothing? Can I overlook my personal concerns about Candice and look at the movement, or is it impossible to separate the two because Candice has so much invested in the movement, being the literal face of it? Is it realistic or smart to mentally put that aside in favor of what the organization itself stands for?

Furthermore, I don't think it is necessary to agree with everything an organization stands for in order to get behind it. I still want to fact check some of the statistics that the guest mentioned in the video because there are stats out there that demonstrate the contrary.

And finally, I wonder if it's possible to support both Black Lives Matter and Blexit. Is that possible? Is that sensible? By "support" I don't just mean monetarily by the way. Are there things about both orgs worthy of supporting or are they inherently incompatible with each other?

Are there some really bad things going on that are residue of the 400 years of crap for the slaves and their descendants? Yup. Even as an old white dude I have seen some stuff both personally and professionally that is completely unacceptable. I was raised differently, and some of that shit was just amazing to me. I saw shit in the south that made me just fucking stare in amazement. It still goes on; a friend of mine has lived in Georgia a couple times in the last 30 years, and described some stuff that is utterly appalling. (And he is older and even less sensitive than I am.) Go back to youtube or a similar site and find the B.B. King classic "Why I Sing the Blues". It's historically based.

However, this is society as a whole, not the criminal justice system. Give the people in that system, most of whom are just decent folks trying to do a job for the victims of the criminally predatory a person whose life has sucked from pre-natal care on and they have little they can do with the resulting person. It is mostly a class issue, and the lower strata are composed mostly of non-white citizens. Applying a simplistic assessment to a complex set of problems that lead to a seriously flawed result is not helping. One of the people who watched the video and responded to it cited to an article by Radley Balko, who is simply wrong. Whether that is intentional or a reflection of poor intellect I do not know. I saw a of BLM protesters yesterday (pretty much as white as the rest of the population here) - I think they were earnest and feel correct, but are misguided in their claims. Unlike Seattle, they acted like decent folks - there were a couple of people wearing Trump stuff and no one acted like a rioter. I might prep up some stuff and pass it out so they can see how misguided they are.

Like the rest of this issue, the Floyd death is a lot more complex medically and legally than it has been portrayed. The cops were called to the location, which is the usual fact pattern for uses of force. (There is even a book about this - it's called "In Context".) Floyd had a load of drugs on, and was old enough that he was not in the physical condition for a fight. He unlawfully resisted the detention and died of the exertion. The technique involved is simply not lethal - it used to control the head, which imposes control on the rest of the body. Depending on the evidence, I can see his death being a result of medical neglect, but the rush to judgment is not sound.

Most of the people making the most noise have no idea what it is like to be a crime victim, especially the victim of a violent crime. Bill Cosby is claiming on appeal that his prosecution was racially motivated. him. I am embarrassed as a straight male, no as a decent human, that the claim would be made. I've spent more time than I want with victims of crimes. Just that was toxic to a staggering extent. Being one is beyond my comprehension.

What are your thoughts on his repeatedly saying he couldn't breathe though?

@Jenn6 Offenders lie. Violent offenders lie more, and if they can, they will lie and use trickery to continue their violent behavior. That's the first problem. As far as I know, he was not assaultive, but he was violently resisting, and that is 1) unlawful AF, and 2) the first sign of a pending assault. The of air needed to say "I can't breathe" is not much - it takes more to keep the blood adequately oxygenated. However, the American College of Emergency Physicians did a "white paper" on excited delirium syndrome in 2009 that is worth reading. It addresses the physical impact of violent exertion by criminals unlawfully resisting arrest when they are not in good enough shape to do so and have the load of drugs on board as Mr. Floyd did.

I strongly suspect that the training on the medical consequences of the fight was not what it should have been, and that the aftercare was thus not fast enough or vigorous enough - but we do not know that. I have not seen how fast medics were summoned; they might have been staged nearby and waiting until he was controlled. He was probably dying of a heart attack, as did Eric Garner. Watch the video of the Garner incident shot by his neighbor - it was about a minute encounter with about seconds of contact in the neck area, That contact was not a "chokehold", which is not a correct term or description - it was a leverage technique being used by a smaller cop to get Garner off his feet as he resisted his arrest.

Best guess: his body was running out of oxygen, but due to his own actions, not a result of the low level of force used to control him. Most of us are not in good enough shape to engage in and survive a strenuous fight of that nature. I used to be, but ... I am old and broken. I also would not resist arrest.

All of the posts and emails sent out by local businesses, universities, and individuals in solidarity with BLM have been giving me anxiety because it becomes clearer to me that it's impossible to have an objective, clear headed conversation about anything. We all agreed that George Floyd's death was an unnecessary murder and there clearly needs to be changes within criminal justice procedures and more consistent police training, but that's not the conversation that's being had right now. I've seen a lot of opportunities for the left, right, and everything in between to come together on a lot of issues but the far left continues to push this "systemic racism" narrative and it worries me when people with influence, such as university administrators and other leaders buying into a false narrative (even though many people do mean well), instead of asking questions about what the issues really are and where they come from. I'd like to see more critical thinking and objectivity on all sides but it's not an equal playing field at the moment and the far left has had the upper hand and the loudest voices.

Fucking thank you! Your guest has been stating what I've been saying the black community needed for YEARS now, and I'm glad that there's a of people who share the same sentiment. I'm a black man, and I no longer want to stand with the insane left, who's been using blacks for years now. I'm siding with Blexit.

Thank you for this.

Preach it.

Like this whole canceling of everything, and the one thing you think would've gotten canceled is Planned Parenthood, founded by Margaret Sanger. She wanted to exterminate the black population in America. Honestly, she's close to winning that goal, as the black population in America is at 2.5 % points away from total decimation, it's already decimated in the male to female breakdown...but, no, let's cancel pancake syrup and words that give you feel-fees instead.

BLMM act like they want a better future, but you're continually stopping it before it can even start.

Is Blexit still a thing?

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 62

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top