slug.com slug.com
7 1

Why is so many(male and female) attracted to/turned on by the concept of the warrior woman in role playing (particularly in their love lives) and is so prominent in cosplay & entertainment media?

TheHerrDark 7 May 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are probably as many reason as there are fans. I like tough women: smart, reasonably fit, etc. I don't care for weak women, in terms of both physical fitness and mental power. They don't have to be "warrior women" per se - they can be tall, amazonian looking female body builders, or itty bitty gymnasts like Simone Biles. (I have no idea what she is like as a person - I mean her appearance.) I work with a pretty decent percentage of women, and I value the ones who apply sound, even sharp/harsh intellect. They are, in a modern setting, more like warriors than not.

It is not necessarily physical attraction, and even if it is, need not be reciprocated. This has a few times been a little more difficult than I liked until I become comfortable with one sided attraction; a few too many times for my comfort I was attracted to women who turned out to be lesbians. I suppose that plays into why I like to check out Arielle's content. I think the less scrutiny that gets, the better ...

@TheHerrDark @tracycoyle @A1fredo @iThink @angelo @HistoryCorner

Rosten's Law: 1st rate people hire 1st rate people. 2nd rate people hire 3rd rate people. 3rd rate people hire 5th rate people.

Are you the kind of person that likes to be surrounded by badass people, or do you like to be surrounded by cronies? Do you want to be on a team that wins or a team that loses?

Draft wisely. Beware of draft busts.

Once upon a time, badassness was a virtue. If someone was being a baby you could say "Man up!" and he would man up. Nobody wanted to be seen as a baby. Today, being a baby is a virtue. For babies, there's nothing you can do with them. Saying "Man up" has no effect on them. Mocking them for being babies has no effect.

If I'm an agent on a spy mission, I want someone like Michelle Yeoh on my team.

Doctor Who selects companions for their bravery.

<sigh> men....

<amateur psych initiated> Men want to be dominant, but it takes a lot of responsibility. Sometimes, they'd like to hand off that responsibility to another (within their own relationship). Women like to see that other women can be strong....

You know your talking about BDSM right,?
This is completely different.
BDSM can be done with any character.
I'm not talking about some fetish or an LGBT checkmark on the woke list; in the last 30 years, the warrior woman has gained more prevalence; you have Boudica, the women gladiators, the Viking shield-maidens, why have so much interest grew for these women?

@TheHerrDark No, I wasn't. Fantasies often have a way of mimicking the desires of people. It hasn't been just the last 30 yrs. Wonder Woman and 'the Bionic Woman' were both much older than 30 yrs ago. Don't forget Joan of Arc as an example too.

@tracycoyle, yes, you were because role-playing has nothing to do with power dynamics or sex, it can end up there, but it is not the purpose of it. Wonder Woman was a creation of a man that was not quite normal [people.com] Wonder Woman is a bad example here, and so is the Bionic Woman she was not a warrior, Steve Austin decided to modify her body without her knowledge or consent because of that decision she was indebted. She was a representative of the women/feminist movements at that time.
Concerning Amazons [nationalgeographic.com]
Joan of Arc, yes, she has a higher chance to meet those criteria.
I said 30 years ago that that is the time period Xena first premiered, and she was not there for eye candy or the main male character's love interest. This threw the genre for a loop because this was a woman who stood and fought with the men on equal terms, gained respect and trust.
Since I have been thinking more about it, I think I have the answer now: women warriors are capable and reliable, plus they are men's equals but still know what their weak points are and their strengths, just like the men they fight and work beside. So men do not have to worry if something happens to them; they know their offspring will be ok and protected.

Because women naturally wany to be taken care of, soyboys want that now too. And with men demonized, thats the only other option.

A1fredo Level 8 May 29, 2021

That archetype does nothing for me personally - but since they always have a super hot babe playing the role its "hard" to look away...see what I did there?

iThink Level 9 May 29, 2021

Mistress, I've been naughty. I deserve to have my bottom turned scarlet with a good spanking.

angelo Level 8 May 29, 2021

Thats ok, I can take of that

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top