slug.com slug.com
2 1

Hey, I have a question for anyone that has gone to college or that is currently attending. Do you ever feel or felt as your professor is pushing liberal ideals down your throat? I am currently attend a local college in my area and I feel as I cannot write or express my own ideals, which would be considered more conservative from the far left standpoint of the professors at my college. I have written papers throughout my semester full of arguments I disagree with. I find it frustrating and it has truly messed with my head. I have even thought of dropping out of college because of this issue. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

dhamlet 3 Nov 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have taken college courses continuously over the last 40 something years. On top of that I have worked at several colleges, from community colleges up to Stanford. During my time in College, the teachers most likely to shove ideas down anyone's throat were Conservatives. The most egregious being my Political & Moral Philosophy professor. He was a "Contract Relativist" and spent most of his time setting up and attacking modern philosophers he did not agree with. I joined the class with the intent of developing a better understanding of the roots of Moral Philosophy, instead I got a load of Peter Singer and Robert Nozick.

I did have a second year English teacher that took some of my political opinions personally, and decided to take it out on me while grading my papers. However, I complained to the Dean and she ended up being disciplined. And this was at San Francisco State University, a pretty left leaning campus, so at least the head of the department took the idea of "openness of debate and conversation" seriously.

On the subject of writing papers, write your ideals, but you need to back them up with facts. Too many students, regardless of political orientation, do not back up their arguments sufficiently, and fall back on their "commonplaces" and assumptions.

As someone very actively involved in Living History, especially Civil War Reenacting, I have lost count of the number of people, especially reenactors, who have opinions about history, but have never bothered to read/check any primary source documents.

"The War Between The States was not about slavery!" they will proclaim. And then I ask them whether they have read newspapers such as the Richmond Dispatch, the Charleston Mercury, etc. from the 1850s and early 1860s? Have they read DeBow's Review from that period? The Democratic Party Platform of 1860? the various Secessionist declarations? The Corwin Amendment? Nope, they have spent no time reading them.

As far as Leftists on campus; at Stanford each department seemed to have a different political leaning. People of similar political bent will spend a lot of time attacking each other.

The Communications Department at Stanford has a large cadre of Postmodernists who squash the opinions and careers of other left leaning scholars. One Assistant Professor left Stanford for USC because her career was being stymied; among other things she made the unforgivable sin of criticizing Social Construction Theory. She reprinted the Sokal Hoax in her Course reader. This was in spite of the fact that she was pretty Liberal in her politics.

At the same time the Linguistics department is rabidly anti Noam Chomsky, more due to his politics than his Linguistic theories.

Yes. I graduated from university in 20 with a in BA Sociology. I chose that major, even though I later flipped to tech, because the wacky behavior of people in groups has always fascinated me. I convinced myself that it was due to the major I chose and I should expect it. After all, the foundations for most of the social sciences is at least somewhat Marxist. (FTR, Marx is one of the three main architects of sociology, though I personally interpreted this as only one of many paradigms offered in the field. There was a brief time in the mid-20th century when Parsonian Functionalism, which is very pro-captialism, was more en vogue. My theory is that the left has been reinserting Marx anywhere they can to prevent that from happening again. Marxism rests on ideals and feels, not how systems of group dynamics function for the betterment of society, like Functionalism tends to view things. I digress...) It wasn't until I went to grad school for a "hard science" (computer science) that I realized the difference. MS in CS taught me real skills and information. My BA was an indoctrination that didn't take. I think they failed to "woke" me because I am skeptical of any ideology that tries to pit me against myself, my community, my country, my friends, and my ideals. It also didn't help to hear incessant lectures about my privilege from classmates who had no idea I was living in my car with a 40 hour / week job while attending classes full time with them.

The first clue I got in undergrad that I was leveraging Uncle Sam's assistance to put myself in debt to the government for an indoctrination was when I took a women's studies course as an elective to try to be open minded. I like to hear all sides. In this class, the teacher taught -- as though it was ABSOLUTE FACT -- that gender is just a worthless social construct. Then, the next week, she said that gender is absolutely so real for trans people that they'll die if you don't let children transition pre-peuberty. Those are contradictory positions!!! Why is gender hyper-real / liberating (when they get to choose it) for trans people and non-existent / oppressive for cis people? And this was back in 2009, before I graduated, and before "cis" was a mainstream thing. That same women's studies teacher also spent a whole day teaching us about how to apply for food stamps. I raised an objection to that during class. (Remember: I was living in my car at the time.) I had just been denied for food stamps twice: first because I was in college full time, and the second time because I was employed full-time, though I was only making $8/hr with no benefits. The teacher said I was lying or doing it wrong. Very compassionate.

I've been slowly waking up to the fact that this Twilight Zone radicalization nonsense has been going on all over the country, and not just my alma matter. I keep waiting for it to make sense. I would feel better if I was the problem. That would be less scary than how things appear to be.

I don't identify as a conservative, FTR. I'm an atheist, feminist, pansexual, humanist, etc. I'm a centrist. I guess we're not real to woke people because we're not making that much noise. We'd rather go with the flow. We're anti populism and anti radicalization. We're an obstacle to utopia, I guess.

My friend, Noor, the life-long Republican, pro-military, son of a CIA asset, and holder of a PhD in Military History, has told me that every historian, including the right-leaning Conservatives like himself are all Marxists to a degree, because Marx's Theory of Class Struggle is actually a very useful tool for historical analysis. As someone who specializes in Counter Insurgency (he has hunted Communists in the jungles of Malaysia, and lectured at West Point on this subject) he has seen it's very real practical applications in understanding revolutionary movements.

It doesn't require buying into the rest of Marx's ideas, just as you can appreciate Freud's very useful ideas about Defense Mechanisms without buying into Penis Envy.

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,803Top