slug.com slug.com
5 2

I noticed that the label of bi curious and the distinction between bisexual and biromantic is mostly used when talking about female sexuality.
It’s rare to see a bicurious man. If a straight man sleeps with other men we think “he’s just in denial, he’s gay or bi”.
But with women it’s the opposite, we would think “she’s probably just curious, it’s a phase or it’s just a sexual thing”.
It seems discriminatory to me on both sides.
Why it happens?

GiadaCoccia 2 May 12
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Follow MikeMGTV on you Tube.... he talks about thins on his channel.

yup because women sexual orientation is not taken as seriously. and also because men being curious is way more frowned upon.

I think there’s a greater level of disgust associated with male sexuality. Years ago, Doctor Randomercam posed the question “what do you call a lesbian who has a lot of sex?”, with his answer being “not a slut.” I don’t know how true that is, I know that I’ve never heard the term being used to describe lesbians.

Gay men, however, can be called sluts.

This might come from my own dysphoria, but I think that society sees something degrading in a penis. Women are pure until they touch one, and men are beasts no matter what they do. A man who touches other people’s penises? Lowest of the low. Sexually speaking.

Maybe it’s not taking your sexual orientation seriously, but... I just don’t think so.

As Zardoz said, the penis is evil.

I agree.
I also understand Casiah point of view, but the argument about "purity" is a little different. I think there are some historical reasons for the "purity" of female genitalia.
I think there is a difference in value between male and female genitalia because female genitalia are a valuable merch that was sold through weddings and today it's still a merch sold for money. Women aren't pure themselves, they are pure because they have a value that men do not have and that they can buy.
The penis is "dirty" because it takes away the value of the goods (virginity and then motherhood).
It's a discussion on patriarchy: the vagina has value because a penis (the power) can possess it, if there is no penis the vagina has no power and is pure, is not dangerous. The penis is dangerous because it has power.
The idea that some genitals can be "pure" and others are not is very dangerous and it's a complex discussion about society, who has Power and the economic value that the female body has had for centuries.
A discussion that I care about, sorry if it wasn't relevant to the discussion on bisexuality!

I always recommend people watch MikeMGTV for this subject. BTW you did a great video with him covering this subject and Bi erasure.

Personally, I don't like that in today's climate, people try to separate a bisexual's sexuality into "sexual" attraction and "romantic" attraction. I don't like that "split attraction" model because it paints a picture of an "unreliable" sexual orientation, and that feeds into a lot of stereotypes about bisexuality and what it is to be bisexual. As a bisexual myself, I find it offensive if someone assumes that I only like having sex with women once in a while, but ultimately want to end up with a man. You don't choose who you feel attracted to or fall for, either you feel a "zing" or you don't. It's not any more complicated than that, and I'm tired of people trying to complicate a very simple truth. That's not to say that there aren't plenty of people out there who call themselves bisexual without being genuinely bisexual, or who are bicurious at best, which is a whole other issue on its own, but that's another story.

It's generally accepted that women are more sexually open minded than men, but I feel that it's about even on either side. Women are just more open about expressing it, whereas men tend to keep keep it more to themselves. And bicurious men aren't rare at all - they're just as common as bicurious women. It's just that male sexuality is more stigmatized then a woman's, and because of that, men are less comfortable addressing it openly. Stigma in regards to a dude's sexuality is starting to change, but unfortunately, it's a stigma that's alive and well. That being said, if a man entertains sexual or erotic fantasies about other men, does that make him potentially bisexual or gay, or just a straight man curious of something outside of his preference? Like they say, you never know unless you try. On the other hand, some men call themselves bisexual without experiencing intimacy with another man. They DO experience honest attraction, but for whatever reason, it isn't consummated. That still makes him a bisexual, because he acknowledges that he has those feelings, even if they remain physically unconsummated.

With women, it's generally more accepted for them to experiment sexually, but they experience pretty heavy stigma as well. If a bisexual woman pursues another woman, she's often accused of "only" experimenting, or "going through a lesbian phase", or anything else that invalidates her attraction or relationship with another woman as a genuine thing. A big problem is that a woman's sexuality isn't taken very seriously, especially if she identifies as queer. Lesbians and bisexual women experience this all the time from society, as not being taken seriously for same sex attraction. Again, that stigma is lessening, but it's still prevalent.

I'm sorry if this sounds somewhat unclear, I'm functioning on 3 hours of sleep and I'm tired AF lol

I totally agree with you on the toxic division between "romantic" and "sexual" feelings when we talk about orientation! It's good to know the difference, but I don't find it usefull to pretend they are not interlaced.
On the "expressing" the sexuality I can't agree with you for cultural differences, I live in Italy and here the male sexuality is freeer than the female, still considered a taboo, but I understand your point of view. The stigma about sexual freedom is for everyone in the end!
"woman's sexuality isn't taken very seriously, especially if she identifies as queer", that's so true!

I know with the romance aspect, it is because we teach that men aren’t romantic. That they only want sex. If it isn’t about sex, why would those guys be together?

But women... they’re the romantic ones. The ones capable of such feelings. They form emotional bonds and that can lead to physical attraction.

Women are allowed to be more physically affectionate to their friends, braiding each other’s hair, hugging, the cheek kiss. It’s only a small step to experimentation.

Casiah Level 4 May 12, 2020

That's so true! That's a good point.

(leftwing take🙂 To me this feels like misogyny and homophobia. Not in like "I hate women, I hate gay people" way, but like the views that lead to that. Mainly "women are unreliable" and "(male) homosexuality is essential".

The first is easier. The people with kernels of misogyny in our brains (regardless of if we are "misogynists" or not) will disregard women's experiences, just out of habit, because thats one of the things misogyny programs us to do: to instinctively disregard women's experiences because we consider them unreliable narrators.

Now the second is a tad harder but it seems to me that homophobia has another one of these assumptions: "homosexuality is essential, one drop in a million makes you gay". I think this is partly because of and caused by the way that heterosexual men are often very defensive of their sexuality and their not being gay. It means that as soon as men do anything "gay" they are seen "as gay". Think of how taunting works in school or groups of mates for an example.

The reasons for these are deep and I'm getting bored but also maybe I'm completely wrong, thats just my outlook so there you go 🙂

[clarification:] I'm not saying people who think these things or have these assumptions are misogynists/homophobes, more thats the effect of each on our psychology and society.

"to instinctively disregard women's experiences because we consider them unreliable narrators", I agree. I usually talk about it with my friends, it often happens to us too and we are trying to educate ourselves to avoid doing it when we are unconsciously tempted.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 22

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top