slug.com slug.com
6 1

I honestly feel like most of the arguments of why non-binary is a thing boils down to gender expression. Nothing scientific really backs non-binary people. I've heard the argument that intersex people aren't male or female, but from a scientific perspective, they are. Being intersex is a birth deformity. Based on their chromosomes they are still male or female, even if you have a missing or extra chromosome. If you have a Y chromosome, you are male, if you don't you are female. I'd love to hear what people think. I know this is a touchy subject, so let's keep it civil and not attack anyone's identity.

Is being non-binary a separate gender or just gender expression?

• 2 votes
  • 9 votes
b1kkie 2 May 14
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I... think the lense is flawed. Leftie take:

In terms of the way the word is used by the trans and non-binary communities, it is an umbrella term that incorporates multiple genders and ways a gender can be. Its neither a completely separate individual thing, nor is it the same as a gender expression... because its not one thing its multiple.

I'm gonna vote "a gender" cause it's closer but still wrong.

Intersex people... I'm gonna take a guess and say you haven't read up on this? Thats fine, noone is expected to be an expert, and I'm certainly not. Its not just a birth defect. Again with intersex people this is a number of different things being described. There are intersex people who are one sex but have "traits" (hormone levels, bone structures, genitals the list goes on) of the other. That is they have the chromosomes of their "primary" sex, its just their primary and secondary sex characteristics are not the same as their chromosomal sex. But there are intersex people who's chromosomal make up is not that simple, where genetically they are not simply XX or XY.

I'll give the link for the WHO article on this but I recommend you check it out more. [who.int]

thank you! read up more on intersex people and realized its not just based on chromosomes and its much more complicated than i initially thought it was. i think i should've left it out of the non-binary conversation because it's a different thing. intersex is a gender. but a whole different conversation. "non-binary" i think is generally for people who just feel like they just don't fit in typical gender roles which isn't a different gender in my opinion.

@b1kkie I'm so glad that my comment lead to your learning, learning is great and even if it does nothing else for the world, the more you know, the better set you are!

but I feel like you've walked out of one trap and into another. Intersex isn't "a gender". You can have intersex people who are men or women, and you have some that "so inbetween" that they are neither or both genders (they usually use s/he, (s)he, s(he) or singular they to my knoweldge). from a leftist standpoint they are nonbinary and intersex.

I bring this up because while I don't wanna out my exact gender/sex, it impacts me directly. I am more one than the other but I am also not exactly that one, and when I use spaces of that one I get questioned. People check if they're in the right toilets/changing rooms and ask me if I know where the other one is. (By the way these are the same ones I've been using from birth, and they are of the gender/sex listed on my birth certificate). But I know I would also be questioned if I used the other cause of different parts of my anatomy and presentation, because elements of my primary sex are... quite obvious. (Sorry if thats a bit vague I'd just preffer not to be any more specific if you don't mind)

So from my perspective and from the perspective of all the research I've done, both non-binary and intersex are far more complex than one individual gender or condition.

I hope that is insightful 🙂 stay safe!

i absolutely understand everything you're saying! my comment of intersex being a gender was maybe a bit too vague, and maybe that statement is a bit misleading. by the definition of the word, intersex is a gender/sex, it just represents a very complex spectrum since being both or neither female or male can mean a variety of different things. intersex is a gender but that doesn't mean intersex is just one thing, hope that makes sense!

Even though being intersex exists on a continuum between male and female genders, Intersex is a gender. We need to respect this scientific reality and the personal identity of intersex people.

The problem is, based on current politics, the term gender is now meaningless.
It used to mean an arbitrary assigning of sex to an object that did not have one.
Later, it became a synonym for sex.
Now we supposedly have an infinite number of genders and we are expected to accept
whatever label someone applies to themselves.

The politics behind it has muddied the issue beyond current repair.

People are comfortable in their own bodies to varying degrees.
People are attracted to whom they are attracted.
People should not be limited to their profession provided they can do the work at a professional level.
People should be allowed to wear what they want, but should understand that wearing clothes that does
not conform to current standards will result in attention that they might not want.
People should be able to have their bodies altered on their own dime, but need to understand that while
it "may" make them happier, it frequently does not last and changing appearance does not change the
core reality of who/what they are.

The problems come about when people expect/demand that others recognize them as they see themselves.
Imposing a perception is as inappropriate as demanding someone change their religion.

well said!

I think the way MOST people use it is def gender expression

Your either male or female unless you're intersex. Non-binary is just gender-nonconforming not a different gender.

NateJ Level 4 May 15, 2020

Chromosomes don’t actually matter and there has been scientific research on it

Dodo Level 3 May 15, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top